Water spray on Remy

jmw1975

Earning My Ears
My 8-year-old son has major anxiety about getting water on his face. I know that there are one or two places on Remy that sprays water. Can sometime tell me how much water it is (like a splash of droplets or more of a fine mist)? Also does it go right in your face or does it more rain down from above?

Ratatouille is one of his favorite movies so I'd love for him to get to ride this, but trying to gauge whether it's worth the meltdown that might ensue!

Thanks!

If my memory serves me right, I think it’s more like droplets that are sprayed right to your face. I believe it’s a scene with a mop, so it’s like water from a mop that gets flung at you.

I’m not sure at any others, but I definitely recommend perhaps watching a ride through on YouTube if you’re open to spoilers. It won’t tell you how much water, I don’t even know if you’ll be able to see it, but it will kind of give you an idea where the scenes are and maybe their intensity.

Been on it a few times, I'd say the water is very minimal. Seemed to be in sort of a spray of droplets, I think it could miss your face, maybe not get any at all? It's a really cute ride, especially the first time(I don't think it holds up to repeat experiences but that's another topic.)

Let's see if someone else had a different experience!

Just back, some of us got the water right on our face and some did not. It is drops of water from the mop scene. Perhaps you can let him know during the mop time, he may want to cover his face. It is a short quick part of the ride. Edited to add, it's not a full on wet face, just drops.

There is a scene in which they are washing the kitchen floor and the character sweeps water at the people on the ride. It is a small amount of water, more like a light mist, but it is a big surprise. He could probably avoid the water if he covered his face when you get to that scene. The water comes directly at you from the screen, or at least it feels like it comes from the screen. I can't think of a second water event. But there is a blast of hot air when you travel through the oven. :)

He might avoid the water if he sits in the second row, behind a big person. ;)

I hate water drops on my glasses, so I cover the 3D glasses and my own with my hands. I’ve gone on the attraction many times. The water drops are minimal and sometimes I didn’t get “splashed” at all. Could be a height thing, I’m just under 5 feet tall.

The water droplets go right at my face (I usually wipe a couple drops from my glasses but I’m very sensitive to vision impairment of any kind). If you/he covers his face when they start cleaning the kitchen until after the splash you might be ok.

I hate water drops on my glasses, so I cover the 3D glasses and my own with my hands. I’ve gone on the attraction many times. The water drops are minimal and sometimes I didn’t get “splashed” at all. Could be a height thing, I’m just under 5 feet tall.
Ohh! Maybe. I’m around 6ft. Always get splashed 😆

Maybe you can carry a piece of clear shower curtain. Like a 15 inch square, you can fold it up in pocket. Take it out when the scene is coming up, he can still see through it but not get any water at all.

There's also the champagne bottle, right? You could give him one of those covid face sheilds. Not sure how well it would work with the 3D glasses. Maybe you can convince him the glasses are enough?

I have not looked for it on Remy, but on ITtbaB, Muppets, and Philarmagic, it is easy enough to find the little nozzle in the seat back in front of you.

If you talk to the CM, they may well be able to show you where it is. If so, covering the little sprayer is easier than covering your face.

Thank you all for your very helpful replies! I had talked to him about perhaps wearing a face mask, which combined with the 3D glasses might protect his face, but he was not convinced. I think droplets directly in his face would upset him, so it might not be worth the risk. Although I do like the idea of covering up the sprayer if a CM can show us where it is. Our trip is still a couple months away, and he gets less sensitive every day, so I will have to play it by ear based on how "brave" he is a couple months from now. But it is good to be armed with this information so we can make an informed decision. Thank you all!

It’s very minimal. Water sprays during the mop scene and the champagne bottle pop. It’s never been enough I need to wipe my face or my glasses.

I agree with the other poster, it’s a cute ride. Like it, don’t love it (despite having ridden it maybe 30 times) so it’s not the end of the world if you skip it. But if you can convince your son, it’s nice to do at least once. Especially if you like the movie

It happens a few times during the ride. My daughter who is three hated it. She still tells us about it a month later. She has decided she does not want to go on it again. So, it might be nothing to most (including myself). However, if a child is really bothered by things like that it might be better to skip.

Side note- IMO you are not missing much if you skip it anyways.

Thank you all for your very helpful replies! I had talked to him about perhaps wearing a face mask, which combined with the 3D glasses might protect his face, but he was not convinced. I think droplets directly in his face would upset him, so it might not be worth the risk. Although I do like the idea of covering up the sprayer if a CM can show us where it is. Our trip is still a couple months away, and he gets less sensitive every day, so I will have to play it by ear based on how "brave" he is a couple months from now. But it is good to be armed with this information so we can make an informed decision. Thank you all!
Has he done Philarmagic? It's a very similar spray as that, which is a mist. I wear glasses and have never even gotten any on them or had a need to wipe them after riding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter