Water Parks in an afteroon?

nhdisnut

My screen name says it all!!
We are getting to Orlando mid-day on Saturday the 24th!!:bounce: My kids have expressed a great deal of interest in trying out either Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach - the only day of our trip we can possibly do this would be on that Saturday, and we would not get to be at either park until 12 noon at the earliest. Two questions:

Would we find either park full on a Saturday?

Is half a day long enough to really enjoy TL and/or BB?

pirate: :cool2:

Thanks!

1) Yes, you will find either park full.

2) No, half a day isn't enough

That said, go anyway! Blizzard Beach is pure 'kid fun', Typhoon Lagoon is lush and tropical, and either one will make for a fabulous family day. Even if you had a full day, you'll still wish you had longer. ENJOY!! :)

Originally posted by cleo
1) Yes, you will find either park full.

Even if a water park is full don't then sometimes let starting additional guests into the parks in the early afternoon?

You will get there at it's most crowded point probably! But it's not as bad now as it is in the summer. Also, many people who've been there since opening start leaving around 3 - 4 so lines will probably get better then. The only thing I'm not sure about is the fact that it's a Saturday - I'd think that would make it more crowded. We went to BB the Monday before Easter and didn't get there until around 11:00. We had a hard time finding a chair then - but the lines for the slides weren't long at all. About 3:00 we found lounge chairs that had been emptied - up until then our "home base" were sand chairs RIGHT at the edge of the water in the lagoon. Unless the lines are awful, you can certainly do everything you'd want to in that time frame. We never stay the whole day unless we spend part of it just lounging - it's a pretty tiring day!

Does it make a difference whether you are a WDW resort guest or not as far as letting people in?

When I say they're full I don't mean they close to additional guest. I just mean they'll be busy, with long lines for the slides, etc. I don't imagine you won't be able to get in, it's just going to be crowded when you arrive.

They do close to additional guests if they reach capacity. The theme parks will still let you in if you are a Disney resort guest, but the water parks will not.

Do we need to bring our own towels? If not that's just one less thing to pack!

You can rent towels there - I think they're $1 - $2 - but from what I saw of them they're pretty skimpy! They look like regular bath towel size. I live close enough to drive so I don't have to worry about that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter