Was HH more successful than VB?

Cfabar1

DIS Veteran
I read an article that said HH was more successful than VB. I am curious what that means. Was it easier/quicker to sell? I did read that HH was going to have Oceanfront condos but that was scuttled, and why there is only the beach club on the ocean. Did Disney learn from VB and make it more attractive? Curious what that meant in the past, and what that means for the future of these two beloved and iconic properties. It’s hard to imagine DVC without Hilton head and Vero Beach… especially Vero Beach which received much billing in the old Disney Vacation Planning Videos in the 1990s….

I don't think the more successful was about Disney. HHI is naturally more appealing than Vero as a destination.

I read an article that said HH was more successful than VB. I am curious what that means. Was it easier/quicker to sell? I did read that HH was going to have Oceanfront condos but that was scuttled, and why there is only the beach club on the ocean. Did Disney learn from VB and make it more attractive? Curious what that meant in the past, and what that means for the future of these two beloved and iconic properties. It’s hard to imagine DVC without Hilton head and Vero Beach… especially Vero Beach which received much billing in the old Disney Vacation Planning Videos in the 1990s….
VB was designed to be much larger than HHI for the DVC resort.

HHI ran into the lawsuit issue with the residents.

HHI sold out faster than VB. But it is also smaller.

We love HHI and is our home resort. We have never been to VB.

It's probably fair to say that HHI was more successful than VB, but we aren't talking about a VHS vs Betamax disparity.

Vero opened in October 1995 and has about 1.6 million points. HHI opened in March 1996 and has about 1.36 million points. By 2002 / 2003, Vero was still actively selling while HHI was sold out. I don't know exactly when Hilton Head sold out but even with the higher number of points at Vero, HHI appears to have sold at a faster pace.

Vero's legacy is also somewhat tainted by the fact that its second phase was cancelled.

We've been to Vero several times and it's a charming resort. But also feels like it was meant to be part of some greater development of the Treasure Coast area which never really panned out. HHI is much more fully-developed with restaurants & retail that are easily accessible on foot or via bicycle.

It's probably fair to say that HHI was more successful than VB, but we aren't talking about a VHS vs Betamax disparity.

Vero opened in October 1995 and has about 1.6 million points. HHI opened in March 1996 and has about 1.36 million points. By 2002 / 2003, Vero was still actively selling while HHI was sold out. I don't know exactly when Hilton Head sold out but even with the higher number of points at Vero, HHI appears to have sold at a faster pace.

Vero's legacy is also somewhat tainted by the fact that its second phase was cancelled.

We've been to Vero several times and it's a charming resort. But also feels like it was meant to be part of some greater development of the Treasure Coast area which never really panned out. HHI is much more fully-developed with restaurants & retail that are easily accessible on foot or via bicycle.
HHI stays booked year round since the pandemic and is only 100 rooms.

I am not sure about VB in comparison.

Hilton Head they kept super small to avoid issues, VB they shutdown building the whole resort, and Aulani they are going on a decade of not selling out (way before COVID times).

Discussing the most successful non-park related DVC is essentially arguing for who isn't last in DVC resorts.

Hilton Head they kept super small to avoid issues, VB they shutdown building the whole resort, and Aulani they are going on a decade of not selling out (way before COVID times).
Hilton Head is small, but it was under construction before Vero even began selling points. Nothing that happened with Vero had any influence on HHI.

Aulani is the second largest of all DVC resorts with 11.5 million points. It's 50% larger than the #3 resort, and only 20% smaller than SSR which itself took almost a decade to sell out. Aulani was always, always, always going to be a very long term sales project. And Disney has been happily renting unsold DVC villas the entire time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter