Warning! New FP Limits for Passholders with Multiple Stays - NOT Split Stays: READ Post #484

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know when that problem started but I was able to book both of my stays at 60 days out recently. First stay at CR 5/28-6/1 I booked FP on 3/29. Second stay at Pop 6/4-6/7 booked on 4/5. Both windows opened as they should.

EDIT April 18. This appears to be now fixed!

For those just joining into this discussion, here is what you need to know:

1. In March, Disney closed the rolling 60-day FP window, which was allowing those with multiple onsite stays within 60-days to see extended FP windows. This change was implemented at the same time as other changes regarding FPs and onsite stays were implemented.

2. Since the March changes, if you have two (or more) non-continuous stays at Disney hotels, your second FP 60-day window will not open.

3. This affects everyone with Disney hotel stays in MDE, regardless of ticket type (affects APs, date-based tickets, and non-date-based tickets).

4. Also, it will not open regardless of the number of FPs you have booked in your first stay. So you can have zero FPs in your first stay and your second FP window will not open until, whichever happens first: 1) you are 30-days from your second stay or 2) your first stay completely drops out of MDE the day after you check out.

5. It does not affect continuous, split stays.

6. If you have at least one guest in your second stay that it is not in your first stay, your second FP window *will* open and everyone on that reservation will be able to make FPs. But, for some it limits to 7 days of FPs, even with all onsite stays. (We need more data on this, it seems some are not limited to 7 days and some are able to make FPs for their second stay if at least one of the guests from the first stay is not on the second stay).

7. Prior to this change in March, you could make FPs for your entire Disney resorts stays with APs, even if there were multiple stays, as long as you didn’t have any days of FPs booked without being associated with a Disney resort stay (this included Disney Springs hotels and CLFPs).

8. We have received communications from George Kalogridis office that these changes are not due to changes in policy, but rather due to programming errors. It's supposed to be fixed by the end of this week.

9. If you have a second FP window opening before this gets fixed, or are an AP staying only at Disney hotels and are limited to 7 days of FPs, please email George Kalogridis office george.kalogridis@disney.com and let his office know your issue. They may be able to give you FPs for your impacted trips and they need to hear from guests who are not getting their onsite benefits!

Last edited:

Thank you for the clarification and thanks to both of you for email address. I called AP hotline today and was told “the system is functioning properly, but call the hotline day of and they will assist in my second stay FP”. I’m not going to be happy if their help restricts my FPs, I always “refresh” during my trip. There are enough snafus to deal with

I hope George's office isn't just "placating" y'all, like they did me.
I was assured by his office that the Express Transportation wasn't going away.
24 hours before it was terminated. And you and I both know darn well that whoever told me that knew for a fact it was going to be terminated. They didn't just make that choice and then bam, terminate it 24 hours later. That's also why they gave me extra FP for that trip, they knew that I'd be without the Express Transportation and didn't pony up the info
Needless to say, I have less than zero faith in anything coming out of that office now.
I'm sure they mean well but I don't believe they have a handle on every little aspect of all the different departments.
I do believe they are really good at saying the things people want to hear

6. If you have at least one guest in your second stay that it is not in your first stay, your second FP window *will* open and everyone on that reservation will be able to make FPs. But, it appears that it will limit to 7 days of FPs, even with all onsite stays.
Been racking my brain trying to figure out why I was able to book FP and this was it. DGD is on the 2nd trip, she's not on the first one. So we have 14 days worth of FP, on 2 trips, 35 days apart, all booked after the change was done but we have an additional guest. I guess that's what we'll have to do on all our 2nd trips, add DGD to them. At least she doesn't cost money, for now. And we've always got a spare ticket in place. Unless they prove me wrong and really do fix this. I'll believe it when I see it

I don't know when that problem started but I was able to book both of my stays at 60 days out recently. First stay at CR 5/28-6/1 I booked FP on 3/29. Second stay at Pop 6/4-6/7 booked on 4/5. Both windows opened as they should.
Did you have different people on the trips?

If not - and believe me I am nowhere near technical so this could be a dumb guess, I wonder if it is because your stay first stay ended in the month your second stay started. Because for me, the calendar wouldn't even go past May.

Update.

So, I emailed George Kalogridis. I have no idea who he is but was given his email on the disboards and told to email him yesterday. They called today. Here is the response.

I spoke with a supervisor and she started by telling me that their working on a fix to the solution and that it hopefully will be fixed by tomorrow. However, it isn't a fix to my problem. I'm still a little confused what they are fixing. I believe that it is for people who have continuous stays and not being able to book their fastpasses for their entire trip. Also, there are issues for people who have two stays within 60 days and their fastpass window isn't opening for their second stay. This isn't really my issue either so apparently they are supposed to have a fix for something tomorrow but it's not for the problem I have.

She thought I would be part of the fix and conversation over but then I said no wait, "I have an AP and I am being told them my issue is that my fastpass window will open up for my July 4th stay and it will detect that I am AP and only give me 7 days from July 4th. If that is the case I will not be able to book the last three days of my stay the week of the 8th to the 13th. Well, that lead to a half hour conversation and being on hold and not being on hold and she basically told me I'm out of luck (trying not to use other language). That is exactly what will happen. Their is no fix lined up for this. She knows I am getting railroaded here but just can't say it. I even got her to admit that in not so many words. She would talk her way around it.

I'm not even sure if this will work but basically this is my solution that she says "should" work. We are flying in on the 4th to relax and there is a possibility that we may not even go to the park, so if I don't book anything for July 4th and 5th, she "thinks" I should be able to book for July 8th to the 13th all week which is really what is important to me. If this is the case, I'll book for the 8th to 13th and when we arrive, if we do go to the parks on the 4th for a bit I can explain the situation to the concierge that day and he can give me some any time fastpasses for that day although they would be limited to what attractions. Otherwise we would have no fastpasses for that day. She isn't even sure if this would work though. If it does I guess it will appease me because at least I can book for the 8th to the 13th but I would not be able to book ahead of time for the 4th and 5th which is still BS, but whatever.

If it doesn't she says to call member services and ask for her and she can give me any time fastpasses for the last few days. The problem with this is they are limited. For example, we plan on going to AK on the Thursday of the trip and I want to book FOP at my 60 day mark. If I can't and she gives me fastpasses, they can't be used for that. The whole thing is freaking BS.

I feel that I am entitled to fp for each day of both onsite stays. All I want to do is book a few fastpasses for July 4th and then for July 8 to 13. Those are our stays. I'm not even going to be on property between those days and don't care about booking anything for those stays. Why am I not entitled to book each day of my actual stay. I don't care about the gap between. She kept going over the rules are the rules and I said look, "This isn't the "spirit" of the rule and you see how this rule you have is affecting me and I'm not the only one. There are many others like me. She did get very apologetic and eventually just ended it by saying their is nothing she can do and is at the mercy of the system but I should call her back the morning my window opens if I have issues and she will see what she can do. She is going to pass on the information with my issue as well but I basically feel like their isn't much I can do.

Really, if you think about it, I don't understand why the system doesn't work. It says it won't let an AP holder book more than 7 consecutive days. I'm not trying to do that. All I want to do is book July 4th and then July 8th to the 12th. That is only 6 days and they aren't consecutive.

I don't understand why it just automatically gives you 7 days from the first day that you book. If somebody lived next door and theoretically wanted to go all the time and had an AP, why couldn't they just book as many days as they wanted as long as their was a break in their to keep them from doing 7 consecutive as their rule states. Regardless, I'm not trying to break any rule. If I had to do without booking July 4th so I could book from July 8th to the 12th, I guess that's what I will do....if it will let me.

So you have some sort of off-site stay, be it SOG, Good Neighbor stay, or are local and a random day, between on-site stays?

All I want to do is book a few fastpasses for July 4th and then for July 8 to 13.

All I want to do is book July 4th and then July 8th to the 12th.
You've got 2 different dates but not sure that it matters.

I'm still trying to sort out what you are doing and why you think you can't book your FP, if they fix the issue.
If you are all on site for the stays. With no FP associated with anything off-site, or non-Disney owned and operated, booked too.

Why can't you do this? How do you know you can't?

I don't understand why it just automatically gives you 7 days from the first day that you book.
They picked 7 days to prevent locals from hoarding FP

@AngiTN - Ugh, thanks for sharing. Hopefully, they will fix this.

@jbentley - I mentioned this already, but you seem confused. Your main problem *is* that you have two stays within 60 days. (Both at Poly). If the fix it this week, you’ll be fine.

I've been posting on here for quite a bit the last few days so I guess I'm assuming everybody has read my posts. I'm an AP holder. I'm staying July 4th to 5th. Leaving the morning of the 5th for Universal. Coming back for July 8th to the 13th. The problem is the fact that I am AP and it is only going to let me book 7 days of fastpasses from my first windown. So it will only let me book July 4th to 10th, even though I'm not even going to be there for the 5th, 6th, and 7th. I understand the rule. Please read all of my previous posts and you will get my issue. The rule is preventing me from booking on each day of my stays, which I am entitled to. I only want to book July 4th, and for the 8th through the 12th. It is the AP rule preventing me from this.

Last edited:
I've been posting on her for quite a bit the last few days so I guess I'm assuming everybody has read my posts. I'm an AP holder. I'm staying July 4th to 5th. Leaving the morning of the 5th for Universal. Coming back for July 8th to the 13th. The problem is the fact that I am AP and it is only going to let me book 7 days of fastpasses from my first windown. So it will only let me book July 4th to 10th, even though I'm not even going to be there for the 5th, 6th, and 7th. I understand the rule. Please read all of my previous posts and you will get my issue. The rule is preventing me from booking on each day of my stays, which I am entitled to. I only want to book July 4th, and for the 8th through the 12th. It is the AP rule preventing me from this.
I did read and nothing in the posts explained to me why the fix that is coming wouldn't fix your issue.
As you state here
I spoke with a supervisor and she started by telling me that their working on a fix to the solution and that it hopefully will be fixed by tomorrow. However, it isn't a fix to my problem.
So now, can you explain why?
Because in everything you've said thus far, it will fix the issue. If it won't, there's something left out.

Not sure it applies because it's within 30 days, but I can book whatever random dates I want with my AP. I have an onsite stay 4/27-5/1. I have FP booked (which I did around 58 days) for 4/27-4/30. I can see the next 30 days and was just able to book FP for today and 5/14 (picked randomly) , so they didn't have to be consecutive with my stay. I think that means if the second window opens as it should, the 7 days wouldn't have to be booked from Day 1. In fact, at 60 days out, you should only be able to book the 4th and 5th, not for seven days, until the second window would open for the 8th.

Not sure it applies because it's within 30 days, but I can book whatever random dates I want with my AP. I have an onsite stay 4/27-5/1. I have FP booked (which I did around 58 days) for 4/27-4/30. I can see the next 30 days and was just able to book FP for today and 5/14 (picked randomly) , so they didn't have to be consecutive with my stay. I think that means if the second window opens as it should, the 7 days wouldn't have to be booked from Day 1. In fact, at 60 days out, you should only be able to book the 4th and 5th, not for seven days, until the second window would open for the 8th.

I hope you are right. I just want my window to open for July 8th to the 13, which is my second stay, and book for that week. My first stay, July 4th and 5th was just an added overnight to relax and not feel so rushed on the 5th when we head to universal. We thought we would fly in the day before and enjoy the fireworks and hang out. We are arriving fairly early on the 4th so we may head to the parks for a bit that day but we don't know. I was going to book a few fastpasses for that day ahead of time but I can do without them if it means I can book the 8th to 13th. Hopefully it works out and I can book for the 4th and my second stay starting the 8th as well

Yes, I believe it is due to being within 30 days. This would be just like someone who is living locally. They can book any 7 days within a 30 day period. As long as you are within 30 days and do not exceed 7 days this should be correct.

The 30-day window is not affected by the closing of the rolling 60-day window.

In trying to be proactive, I've already emailed him. lol I'll email again if it is not fixed when I book. I just emailed him about 3 hours ago. I don't want to unlink my first stay because I do have some resort dining already booked. What sucks about them doing the fastpasses for me is that I often mess with them a bit and then modify them. Not much but I do. I should have the ability to do that and they are taking it away from me. I've also already called member services three times and got three different answers. The last one told me that my first window would open up and allow me to book 7 days of fast passes in a row from my first day we are there but that I would be out of luck for my last few days. I kept asking her what to do but she would get silent and when I pushed the issue with her she said there was nothing I could do. She wasn't nice about it. This was last Friday when I called but she said that she had callers the previous week with the same issue and they wouldn't do anything about it. She said they would have to update or fix their whole system and basically implied I'm a small issue and they won't fix it just because of what myself or a small group of others are dealing with. Doesn't sound small to me which is why I emailed George today.
Regarding the bold, resort stays have nothing to do with dining reservations.
Resort stays aren't required or needed to book them, or needed to keep them. They are only needed to open the window to book them at 180 days. Once that happens, you could cancel and nothing could happen to your ADR.
So if that were to be your only reason to keep the resort stay linked, it's not needed in any way.
Just to put that out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter