Warning about putting things in pockets

carmiedog

needs more kool-aid
BE SURE YOUR POCKETS CLOSE SECURELY! I have about a 5" side pocket on my capris that I put my phone, resort card and credit cards in for Forbidden Journey. Even though there's no snap or button on the flap closure that goes over it, I thought my things would be secure. I was quite surprised after a tip back on the ride to find my phone and cards sliding down my backside. I'm guessing it was the weight of the phone that sent things south. :confused3 Luckily, I was able to maneuver and get hold of everything and slide them in my standard pants pocket for the rest of the ride. I was lucky I didn't lose anything! Pockets are awesome for avoiding the locker lines, but make sure they have reliable closures.

I agree with you. I've definitely felt keys and my phone sliding around in my pockets on FJ.

Does this ride have lockers outside the ride?

Stand at the end of the ride and watch the TM,s picking up all the change in the seats. There is a metal bucket on the wall where the deposit the money. :thumbsup2

Stand at the end of the ride and watch the TM,s picking up all the change in the seats. There is a metal bucket on the wall where the deposit the money. :thumbsup2

I wonder how much they make in tips each day! I mean I know the ride is great but I doubt I'd feel the need to leave a tip behind :lmao:

Again, I amuse myself.

There is a compartment in the back of every seat large enough to hold your phone and cards/tickets.

:rotfl:

I lost change, too, but was so relieved at rescuing my important stuff that I left the coins there. The ride was well worth the donation!

There is a compartment in the back of every seat large enough to hold your phone and cards/tickets.

there is? with as quick as they seat people, do you have time to store/retrieve your items? do you (or anyone) have a picture? I don't think I'd use it, but curious since I didn't know it exists.

I bought cargo shorts that have stiff pockets that button shut. I could only see maybe small coins being able to slide out of the openings.

Be careful on the Mummy's Revenge too. We lost some glasses on that ride.

there is? with as quick as they seat people, do you have time to store/retrieve your items? do you (or anyone) have a picture? I don't think I'd use it, but curious since I didn't know it exists.

There is but they are not used.

Why do you say they aren't used? :confused: I put my cell phone in it everytime I ride..

Your the first person I have heard use them. While there I have seen no one use them either. :confused3

Your the first person I have heard use them. While there I have seen no one use them either. :confused3

I put my phone in there every time as well if I'm not wearing button shorts. You are moving along that belt for a good 30 seconds before the ride starts so you have plenty of time to store things.

I put my phone in there every time as well if I'm not wearing button shorts. You are moving along that belt for a good 30 seconds before the ride starts so you have plenty of time to store things.

You make number 2.:goodvibes

I think 98% of people aren't aware they even exist or what they're for if they do notice them. If you're not reading a message board, how else would you know?

I think 98% of people aren't aware they even exist or what they're for if they do notice them. If you're not reading a message board, how else would you know?

I think your right. Also they are not telling people about them since they tell you to use the lockers. Also all the signs say no items.

I saw them in a picture of the compartments right after the ride opened. It's just too dark and the ride keeps people moving. When you get off there is even less time to retrieve your stuff.

On Rockit, be sure to be mindful of stuff in your pockets as well. That vertical lift makes phones and wallets succumb to gravity. Good thing the lift only takes a few seconds!

Can I get onto FJ with my camera? This is the only thing I would have to put into a locker. It is a point and shoot that would fit into my pockets, but I wouldn't do that since it could possibly fall out. Can I hang onto it? I have managed to keep it in my hands on ziplines.

Perhaps the back seat pockets are the way to go?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter