Warning: 180+10 Venting

With an entire Internet of information at your fingertips, you have no one to blame except the CM AND yourself.

just made reservations for our next trip to WDW, for christmas 2012 .. :woohoo:woohoo! haven't visited the DIS much in the past year, since our christmas 2010 at WDW, and i personally want to say thank you for all the info i get here. during the spring and summer of 2010, even though all the WDW websites said 180+10, it was common knowledge here at DIS (and quite a few people told WDW about it, but it wasn't changed) that reservations could be made at 190 days, even for day number 1 (some kind of glitch when making ressies online). with all the commotion i've seen on this thread :eek:, i know this isn't the case anymore.

too bad some of the DISboardsers aren't reflecting the 'happiest place on earth' mentality .. and just simply answering questions without hostility :sad1: .. or simply clicking to a new thread :confused3

Yes, that was a nice little loophole while it lasted! But they fixed that. Now it's 180+10 like in the past.

No, if it was 190 days out then Disney would say 190 days. They don't say 190 days, they say 180+10 -- there is a difference. The only people who believe it's 190 days out are not listening, reading or paying full attention to the details or the literature. It doesn't bother me either way; I know how it works. But Disney isn't at fault for this. It's explained perfectly well on their website. All you have to do is be able to read.

The 180+10 is an advantage for on site guests. So if that actually meant 190 days, Disney still wouldn't call it 190 days because it wouldn't be 190 days for everyone. The general public would still be 180 days. People are inclined to initially think on site guests can book 190 days out, rather than realizing it's 180+10. I'd venture to say some people assume they can book all ADRs for the duration of their reservation at the 180 day mark, without knowing only on site guests can do that, which leads to the confusion.

No reason to be upset that other people have questions or are seeking clarification though. Hone that anger into something a little more productive :thumbsup2

With an entire Internet of information at your fingertips, you have no one to blame except the CM AND yourself.

So if I make my ADR's at 190 days, can I use my resort mug from six years ago for an alcoholic beverage when I use a 2nd day's admission on my base ticket to go to Epcot for dinner? :rotfl2: popcorn::

So, one last thought about CMs knowing the correct information for vacationers... You'd think that somewhere on their computer system there's a button or screen that will tell the caller when they would be able to call for ADRs. I mean, do they sit there and count 180 days themselves? Ah, to be a fly on the wall at 407-w-diz.

Also, I just thought of this, and I don't mean to beat a dead horse here.... When my DH and I went to WDW in 2010, I took a day off of work because it was so important to me to get the ADRs we wanted. I was able to make the ADRs at 180 days out, but it was the first day that they were doing the 180 days program. I wasn't sure how over-crowded the phones would be, and the online ADR site was having a lot of major glitches (as stated on the DIS!) It ended up taking me hours to dial and finally get through to a CM who was able to book our ADRs. Luckily I was able to make our ADRs that day, but if I had taken a day off of work and been told that I could NOT make them, I'd be REALLY mad.

Just a thought. I'm done now - promise.

PS -- Mom called a few days ago -- she got all the ADRs she wanted but 1. -- No biggie!:wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter