• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Wanting to go to Epcot just for dinner one night...

opus_00

Mouseketeer
DH is going to Orlando for a business trip next month, and MIL and I will be going along to take the children to WDW. We are buying 5-day park hoppers for MIL and me and my 3 yo DS (our DD is only 1). DH will not be able to go to the parks with us since he will be in meetings all day every day.

MIL offered to watch the kids one or two nights so DH and I can go out to dinner. We'd like to eat at the World Showcase at one or two countries we've never tried before. I'm assuming that even if DH will only be entering Epcot after 7pm one or two evenings, he will still need a full-price ticket, correct? MIL suggested that he borrow her ticket just to get into Epcot so we can have dinner. Is this "legal"? Will they let us do that? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Paula (going back to WDW March 8-12)

I don't know about the tickets n stuff, but Canada is exellent to eat at!!!! My kids even love it:earseek:

MIL suggested that he borrow her ticket just to get into Epcot so we can have dinner. Is this "legal"? Will they let us do that? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Sharing of tickets is against WDW policy.

Check with the business event your DH is going to. They often have dicounted evening tickets for Epcot. If not I'd suggest eating at one of the nicer resort restaurants. Maybe California Grille, or head over to City Walk at Universal and eat at Emeril's

No. He'll have to buy a ticket, and unless the meeting he is going to has a deal, it will be a full price ticket.

There are some fantasic resort resaurants. Plus they give you a chance to check out the resorts (even more interesting than checking out the countries in Epcot). sha_lyn has some good suggestions. I've been to Narcoosee's and we like that. My husband recommends Artists Point. We've heard great things here about Flying Fish and Jiko (haven't been there ourselves) and either the BW or the AKL are definately worth a look.

BTW, you can see a lot of Illuminations from the bridge between BWV and the Swan. And a lot of Wishes is visable from the MK resorts (except WL).

The Yachtsman Steakhouse has a nice dinner. A little more adult than others. Or the Flying Fish is also a great place for a good meal, again a little more adult than some. You wouldn't need park admission for either of these.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter