Wanted: Soft chocolate chip cookie recipe

Once you put your cookies in an airtight container put a piece of bread in the container with the cookies. Your cookies will stay moist for a very long time. The bread may even get hard enough that you will have to put a new piece in.

This is what we do :)

I agree with many of the other posters about Tollhouse and undercooking a bit plus adding bread used to extend the life of soft cookies but I never need the bread now because the cookies disappear in 2 days with three nearly adults boys!

The only other thing I can add is that no matter what cookie sheet I use the thing that makes them brown evenly and not spread out too thin is using parchment paper. I won't bake cookies without parchment paper now.

This. I don't know why, but it helps.

The bread thing also works like a charm!

I used Alton Brown's sister's idea but modified slightly.

I use the Tollhouse recipe EXCEPT: I use 1 C. all purpose flour and 1 1/4 C. bread flour. Also, I use 1/2 C. salted butter and 1/2 C. Crisco.

These always stay soft & chewy for the few days they last in our house LOL!
I will say that these are my brother in-law's favorite and his wife owns an Italian bakery. :goodvibes

Here's my recipe for Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies (could leave out the PB):

Beat:
2 eggs
1/3 C water
1/4 C soft butter
1 C peanut butter
1/2 dry cake mix (I use butter recipe)

Add:
other 1/2 dry cake mix
12oz choc chips

Bake @ 375 for 8-10 minutes.

They are so soft and yummy!!!

Here's my recipe for Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies (could leave out the PB):

Beat:
2 eggs
1/3 C water
1/4 C soft butter
1 C peanut butter
1/2 dry cake mix (I use butter recipe)

Add:
other 1/2 dry cake mix
12oz choc chips

Bake @ 375 for 8-10 minutes.

They are so soft and yummy!!!

What is the purpose of splitting the cake mix if you end up putting it in anyway? :confused:

After the dough is mixed, chill it for at least an hour before baking.
Makes all the difference in the world.

I like the idea of freezing the raw dough in portions to be baked as needed.
Someone I used to know did that and stacked two portions on top of each other, making the cookie thick but they cooked evenly.

I dont use metal cookie sheets, I use the PC stone cookie sheets. Makes a night and day difference IMO.

Now you all have me hungry and I would LOVE to try the PB receipe, thanks! I had saw a coupon for them from Toll House and was thinking of searching for one.

I use the Nestle Toll House recipe on the back of the bag of chocolate chips. I usually use the semisweet chips. I use salted butter, and I usually add slivered almonds (instead of walnuts) and my secret ingredient: coconut - like the dried kind sold my the chocolate chips. I never measure it--maybe 1/3 cup? I store them in an airtight container.

The recipe in the Crisco Sticks for chocolate chip cookies. I am not kidding. They are THE BEST! Much better and softer than any other recipe I have tried.

I use the recipe on the Crisco Butter can. They are awesome!

ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

¾ cup butter flavor shortening
1 ¼ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1 ¾ cup flour
1 tsp salt
¾ tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup pecans

Heat oven to 375.

Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until blended. Beat egg into creamed mixture.

Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.

Drop dough 3 inches apart and back 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

I use the Toll House recipe, remove them while still soft and cool on the pan a few minutes. Store in an airtight container with a slice of bread, this will make even harder cookies soft.

Seems like everybody hit on the important points, but put them all together and this is my version of Toll House recipe:
I always use butter crisco, the butter burns.
Add extra tsp of vanilla to every batch.
Always refigerate dough before cooking.
I always use 1 bag semisweet and 1 bag milk choc morsels for double batch.
Silver aluminum cookie sheets like airbake are the best.
Use parchment paper, bake at 325.When they look almost done, i pull them, about 14 min.
Hope this helps you!!!

I use the recipe on the Crisco Butter can. They are awesome!

ULTIMATE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES

¾ cup butter flavor shortening
1 ¼ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp milk
1 tbsp vanilla
1 egg
1 ¾ cup flour
1 tsp salt
¾ tsp baking soda
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup pecans

Heat oven to 375.

Combine shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in large bowl. Beat at medium speed until blended. Beat egg into creamed mixture.

Combine flour, salt and baking soda. Mix into creamed mixture until blended. Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.

Drop dough 3 inches apart and back 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack.

Yep, that is what is on the sticks as well. I think they call it The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie. I make them with the plain, but have used the butter flavor as well. Both fantastic. I bake a LOT and this recipe blows Toll House out of the water.

After reading this post, I need to go back sure I have all the needed ingredients to make cookies tomorrow (that I will then probably all eat myself! :lmao: )

What is the purpose of splitting the cake mix if you end up putting it in anyway? :confused:

My guess is because once the entire cake mix is in, you can no longer really beat it and have to go to stirring instead... not sure though.

I didn't write the recipe, I just follow the directions. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter