Wanna help us plan some trips for this fall? Not WDW..

We went to Niagara Falls a few years ago, then went on to Toronto for a few days. Lots to do, very cosmopolitan city. Not sure how far of a drive that would be for you, though. :sunny:

toto2 said:
Somebody already said it , but Montréal ( my home town !) is very , very nice. And it is cheap since the canadian dollar is so low ! We often drive to NYC for the weekend , so it should be no problem to drive from Albany. As a bonus , a lot of American history starts in Montréal !

Go to :http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/B2C/00/default.asp

The web site is very informative !

toto

visit my fondation: http://www.ptitslutins.org/en/accueil.html
-----------------------

Thanks for the links! I'll be sure to check them out - once I actually wake up this morning.. LOL :flower:

The Nantucket fast ferry is a pretty decent sized boat and you can also fly there. My brother lives on Nantucket and flies off island quite a bit (only takes 15min)

If you are looking for something that will hold your dgd attention as well then Mystic, ct. has an aquarium and the seaport with the living history museum etc. Our ds have class trips there and love the place. If you consider the amish country in Penn, the best motel we like is the Willow Valley Inn/Resort. They also have great plays at Sight and Sound, even if you are not religious just the theatrical aspect of them is superb, especially the noah and the ark one with the live animals etc. Also in conneticut we have been to gillette castle, the branford trolley museum, they give you a ride too. Just for dh and myself we like the queeche gorge area of New Hampshire by Dartmouth College.

If you're interested in the Gettysburg area at all in PA with the little girl, try The Land of Little Horses. I had bought my husband a book years ago with all these day trips in PA (back when all our kids were little and we were looking for fun things to do with them on weekends). That's where we found out about it. It's a beautifully clean fenced-in farm with a few carnival rides and a little zoo in the woods that you can tour in a "train". There's a large barn with wonderful shows featuring the horses and some other animals. The horses are very small-I think they're called Fallabella horses? We used to pack a picnic lunch and spend the day there-the kids loved it-especially our girls when they were around that age. I don't have a link but I know there's a website-just search for the Land of little horses! I don't think it's that far from the Lancaster area.
Have fun!
Deb
:banana:

Can I also suggest the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst. There are also other things to do in that area including the Butterfly Conservatory and Gardens, the Yankee Candle Factory and Store and Olde Sturbridge Village is an easy drive from there as is the Basketball Hall of Fame.

This info is great! Looks like I'm going to spend much of today visiting web sites for the various suggestions made here.. :flower:

Always good to hear suggestions from others because so many sights just don't get the publicity that they should! :)

I want to thank you for starting this thread :flower:

we will be unable to do WDW this year and were looking for some long weekend Ideas for us and the kids

i was just about to start a thread when i found yours
so if you don't mind i'm gonna "borrow" some of the ideas listed here :teeth:

do you think Salem would interest a 9 and 11 year old girl????

aprincessmom said:
Can I also suggest the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art in Amherst. There are also other things to do in that area including the Butterfly Conservatory and Gardens, the Yankee Candle Factory and Store and Olde Sturbridge Village is an easy drive from there as is the Basketball Hall of Fame.
We spent our summer vacation in Massachussets year before last. We spent half the trip in and around Boston and half the trip in and around Springfield. Tons of great family things to do. We also did the Eric Carle Museum, the Basketball Hall of Fame, Yankee Candle, the Butterfly Conservatory (which is absolutely an incredible experience!!!), the Dr. Seuss sculpture garden and more. I'd highly recommend a trip to that area. We stayed at a nice Holiday Inn in Holyoke which was very conveniently located to all the area attractions. Also has a very large indoor pool.
http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/pc/1/en/hd/hlyma?irs=null

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter