Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Picabu used to be open 24 hours. I don't think anything is open anywhere around the Epcot resorts at that time.

And usually hotels have vending machines. It's not that I wanted a full cooked meal here -- literally just wanted my stomach to not hurt. I was about to go down to the front desk or try and steal from Fuel (do they grate the place up? things you wonder at 1:30am). Gooood times. Today I'll buy some food to keep in my room.

For that type of 'emergency', I suggest you have some late night/early morning snacks in your room.

If I were Pete, this would be a WELL DESERVED rant. Hotels are meant to handle this. Usually they do. Huge oversight for S&D. It's deceptive how they have all this food lying around all day. 😆

If there's 1 vending machine on property, I take it all back.

Wow, if it's after 1am and you're hungry, you're pretty screwed at the Swan & Dolphin. I'd have to drive somewhere. Crazy! Going to bed hungry...
Currently Picabu is open until 12 AM except on Wednesdays and Fuel is open until 1 AM on Friday / Saturdays.

Normally would not be an issue but it has been this way since all the resorts reopened. As things improve Picabu should move back to 24 hr operations.

Dave

Today I'll buy some food to keep in my room.
Good, smart idea. :thumbsup2
If I were Pete, this would be a WELL DESERVED rant.
:confused3
Hotels are meant to handle this. Usually they do. Huge oversight for S&D. It's deceptive how they have all this food lying around all day.
See Dave's reply below. There is the COVID pandemic there at WDW, as it is everywhere. All the deluxe hotels/resorts at WDW normally have a 24 hour something. In light of the pandemic, all have scaled down some services, including 24 hour snacking. 24 hour snacking will return at some point.
Normally would not be an issue but it has been this way since all the resorts reopened. As things improve Picabu should move back to 24 hr operations.
Yes :thumbsup2

Reactions: CJN
If there's 1 vending machine on property, I take it all back.
I've never sought out a vending machine there on past visits, so don't know. But I do know that here, Chicago area, many vending machines are shut down, due to the pandemic.

Quick question to the experts: does it make sense to book a balcony room in December/January? I have never been to Florida during that time of the year so I don’t know if it makes sense to upgrade from standard view to resort view with balcony.

Does the S&D PR work this thread? Settle down, boys, I didn't say I would sue. Thanks for all the advice on how to feed myself. :P

Quick question to the experts: does it make sense to book a balcony room in December/January? I have never been to Florida during that time of the year so I don’t know if it makes sense to upgrade from standard view to resort view with balcony.
Well, prefacing my thoughts, I am not a 'balcony person'. But, if you like balconies, know that it can be quite cool/cold at times in Dec/Jan, especially when the sun is not present, early mornings, late afternoons/evenings. But typically, there are plenty of warm (not hot) days then also.

Here are my updates:

We just used the YC or BW busses for MK and AK.We only did this twice (round trip) and found it to be super convenient after the issues on Tuesday. The lap pool was absolutely pleasant Tuesday and Wednesday.

The cheerleaders are here and I find them mostly tolerable. My issues arise with the sense of entitlement many of them seem to display, particularly in lax mask compliance and their behavior on the pool deck, and in the pool. This isn’t their private space and it should not be utilized as such—bringing large private speakers to play their own music and practicing stunts in the shallow pool are my two particular gripes at the moment.

I did catch someone on their balcony smoking a cigarette this morning early, though since I don’t have a balcony I wasn’t that offended. If I was around that space, I would have been.

Other than this, I’ve really enjoyed my time here. I love being able to boat or walk to Epcot, which is my favorite park. My view of ToT can’t be beat. I just wish there was a greater consideration of others after this influx.

7am - 11pm
Is there something that prevents you from texting them between those hours so that you have an answer available for future reference? As has been noted, current conditions have caused limitations at the resorts. Normally, Picabu is the only dining option in the EP area open 24/7. Guests at the Disney EP resorts have been known to come over to the Dolphin for “after-hours” dining, as their resorts don’t offer any late hour options.

In the past, there has been vending available in the fitness area (may only have been beverages), though not sure about now.

I saw all the cheerleaders families eating food in the pool. Is that a normal occurrence because I just find it gross to take salad, chicken wings and pizza into the pool. Another cheer family member was taking lizards into the pool and pushing it around in used food containers. Stunts in the pool when the sign clearly says no stunts. They don’t wear masks inside the halls or elevators. Ugh, I stand by my past history of annoyance with cheer groups. They always treat the resorts as if it’s their own private space, not shared with others.

Here are my updates:

We just used the YC or BW busses for MK and AK.We only did this twice (round trip) and found it to be super convenient after the issues on Tuesday. The lap pool was absolutely pleasant Tuesday and Wednesday.

The cheerleaders are here and I find them mostly tolerable. My issues arise with the sense of entitlement many of them seem to display, particularly in lax mask compliance and their behavior on the pool deck, and in the pool. This isn’t their private space and it should not be utilized as such—bringing large private speakers to play their own music and practicing stunts in the shallow pool are my two particular gripes at the moment.

I did catch someone on their balcony smoking a cigarette this morning early, though since I don’t have a balcony I wasn’t that offended. If I was around that space, I would have been.

Other than this, I’ve really enjoyed my time here. I love being able to boat or walk to Epcot, which is my favorite park. My view of ToT can’t be beat. I just wish there was a greater consideration of others after this infl

Well, prefacing my thoughts, I am not a 'balcony person'. But, if you like balconies, know that it can be quite cool/cold at times in Dec/Jan, especially when the sun is not present, early mornings, late afternoons/evenings. But typically, there are plenty of warm (not hot) days then also.
I love having a balcony in warmer months but will leave my standard room for December. I would probably not use it that much anyway and I am sure I will find plenty of other things to splurge on ;) thanks for sharing your thoughts. It’s always highly appreciated :)

I saw all the cheerleaders families eating food in the pool. Is that a normal occurrence because I just find it gross to take salad, chicken wings and pizza into the pool. Another cheer family member was taking lizards into the pool and pushing it around in used food containers. Stunts in the pool when the sign clearly says no stunts. They don’t wear masks inside the halls or elevators. Ugh, I stand by my past history of annoyance with cheer groups. They always treat the resorts as if it’s their own private space, not shared with others.

Yes, we share feelings on the behavior. I do have a high tolerance for groups of athletes (being a former athlete who took trips like this) but also because of my current job. I read in another thread these aren’t team trips, the cheerleaders are here with parents, but competing with their teams. I have to imagine this is part of the issue. The parents are on vacation while the kids are on work trips, and the two conflict. The coaches should be doing more to police the behavior of their teams, bottom line. Could the swan do more? Maybe, but the coaches are the leaders and should be demonstrating to both athletes and parents the way to behave (which is nuts to think but it’s true).

Wow, if it's after 1am and you're hungry, you're pretty screwed at the Swan & Dolphin. I'd have to drive somewhere. Crazy! Going to bed hungry...

There is a gas station with a small convenience store across from BWI that is walkable. Not the most ideal food choices, I’m sure, but it’s something that doesn’t need to be driven too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter