Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before, but can anyone tell me:

1. Are there USB ports in the standard rooms at the Dolphin, or sockets that will take UK plugs?
2. Are there fridges in all the rooms? I was going to bring my own non dairy milk if it will fit in the fridge!

Kind regards
Nicola

Hi

Apologies if this has been asked before, but can anyone tell me:

1. Are there USB ports in the standard rooms at the Dolphin, or sockets that will take UK plugs?
2. Are there fridges in all the rooms? I was going to bring my own non dairy milk if it will fit in the fridge!

Kind regards
Nicola
There are USB ports, as well as small refrigerators in the rooms.

I'm thinking of booking a stay at either the Swan or Dolphin in March of next year. I heard that one of the hotels is going under renovation? I want to book the one that isn't.

You will need to request at time of check-in. As the Dolphin is considered a resort, it's not obligated to provide late check-out. If they reject your request, ask again a day or two prior to check-out.

The latest comped check-out time I ever received at the Swan was 2:00 PM; that was with Gold status.

It all comes down to how many arrivals they have on your check-out date and how many rooms they need to turn.
with Platinum status they offered me 2 pm late checkout on Friday the 31 at the Swan. That didn't really work for me (was hoping to get my daughter to take a nap so was hoping for 4) so I opted out.

I'm thinking of booking a stay at either the Swan or Dolphin in March of next year. I heard that one of the hotels is going under renovation? I want to book the one that isn't.
The guest rooms are not under construction at either resort. However, the Swan's lobby and first floor corridors are now being remodeled. That work will be completed well before March 2019

Back from a 6 night stay at the Swan. I had earned Platinum status just before our trip so I reached out to ensure that I was listed as such on my reservation. I also requested a balcony with fireworks view (booked a standard room on points). I received a balcony room on the second floor, with view of the swan fountain in the courtyard below. We were two rooms off the elevator, so that was nice. We were too low to see any kind of fireworks or views of Boardwalk/Epcot/HS, but it was better than I paid for. I liked how close we were to the elevator/lobby, when we have stayed in the east wing of the Dolphin before we were SO FAR from the elevators.

Other notes:
This was my first time platinum. I did notice a few extra touches which I believe were because of my status...things I have never encountered prior. We had a towel animal (Mickey head) with a note from our attendant one day (ironically, the day before checkout) letting us know that they would assist us with anything we needed. They also left us about 4 waters each day. When we stayed at the Dolphin previously we waited until after 4 pm often to have our room made up. This time, if we were out of the room by 9 a.m. our room was made up almost immediately. We came back from breakfast twice to find our room made up or housekeeping in the room, another time they knocked on the door while we were getting ready. I was pleasantly surprised.

We really enjoyed Il Mulino. I had the magical dining menu and it was excellent. Hubs got the ribeye (not magical dining) and he said it was one of the best steaks he's ever had (he's had a lot of steak!). We also did breakfasts at Garden Grove and Marcy was a delight! So, so sweet. Hot breakfast upgrade for platinums was $7 on a weekday and $9 on weekends. A great value.

Thanks for the head's up about the micro on the 3rd floor east wing! We were on the second floor east wing, right by the elevator so it was a quick jaunt to the microwave. I never would have known it was there if it weren't for this thread.

We did amazon prime now twice and were pleased with the service. The first time the woman didn't speak English and she called me and I asked where to meet her and she hung up. I eventually got a call from Amazon letting me know she was in the lobby (she wasn't). I wandered around for awhile and found her outside at the curb. After the second order I realized there was a tracking system letting you pinpoint exactly where they were and it probably would have alleviated a little bit of confusion... because the first time I didn't know if she was there, or on her way, or what.

Picabu tacos delicious as always. Big salsa and toppings bar in the room behind the dining area. They need to make this more clear. You could easily miss it.

Pools were great as always...there was no construction noticeable at all in the lobby, although they did have a sign (we were there 8/25-8/31).
A lovely stay all around.

The only value to holding both a regular and business SPG preferred and business is each will earn 1 free award night up to a 35,000 point value at your account anniversary. As far as I'm aware the cards are identical. There is no further stacking of elite night credits for holding different SPG/Marriott cards. Both give complementary silver elite status which also does not stack. There are new restrictions in regards to SPG Amex and Marriott Chase cards in regards to being eligible to open these cards dependent if you already hold a SPG or Marriott card.
They aren't exactly identical. The SPG Biz card does earn 4x points on everyday business purchases at US restaurants, US gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers and on US shipping purchases, which the personal does not. This is a little bit higher than its earning before (which would have equated to 3x across the board, because 3 marriott = 1 SPG)

We booked Dolphin for an upcoming trip in Oct. A few days ago, we added a night and the rates changed for the whole trip(went up). Is this customary with S&D? I guess with Disney resorts I am used to them staying with the same rates or if a better one comes along, they will honor that one. Just curious.

We booked Dolphin for an upcoming trip in Oct. A few days ago, we added a night and the rates changed for the whole trip(went up). Is this customary with S&D? I guess with Disney resorts I am used to them staying with the same rates or if a better one comes along, they will honor that one. Just curious.
did you cancel your old booking and do a new one? I would have just booked one night on the end and then linked them before your trip. Rates fluctuate all the time, they go up, they go down, which is why I always book refundable and rebook if the price goes down.

Points question -

I'm so aggravated with Marriott and Southwest. The combination is wreaking havoc on our trip. We planned a 5 night stay based on flight schedules and booked before SPG did the rate hike. It cost me 144000 points for 5 nights at Swan in March 2019. (36000 per night + 5th night free). Now Southwest has totally mucked up their schedule. Flights were available to book last week and I couldn't get a decent price without moving our dates. So I am thinking of my options. 5 nights that fit our new dates would be 50,000 for just adding the missing night. Or 200,000 for a whole new reservation. I don't have 56,000 points to spend on making up the difference. Will the Swan honor the old rate if I call and ask them to move our dates? We are Platinum Premier. I have not been keeping up with what's been going on with the program since we preemptively booked in late June.

Last edited:
Points question -

I'm so aggravated with Marriott and Southwest. The combination is wreaking havoc on our trip. We planned a 5 night stay based on flight schedules and booked before SPG did the rate hike. It cost me 144000 points for 5 nights at Swan in March 2019. (36000 per night + 5th night free). Now Southwest has totally mucked up their schedule. Flights were available to book last week and I couldn't get a decent price without moving our dates. So I am thinking of my options. 5 nights that fit our new dates would be 50,000 for just adding the missing night. Or 200,000 for a whole new reservation. I don't have 56,000 points to spend on making up the difference. Will the Swan honor the old rate if I call and ask them to move our dates? We are Platinum Premier. I have not been keeping up with what's been going on with the program since we preemptively booked in late June.

Have you thought about paying the cash rate for the missing night? Sometimes, the promo rates for AAA, seniors, members, etc, can be fairly reasonable.

I'm afraid that if you delete a night from your existing reservation, though, that it would re-quote it, as if it were an entirely new booking.

Have you tried calling the Platinum line at 800-399-4229 to ask for assistance?

Welcome home. Sounds like a great trip. Was the microwave on your floor also, or just on the 3rd floor?
Back from a 6 night stay at the Swan. I had earned Platinum status just before our trip so I reached out to ensure that I was listed as such on my reservation. I also requested a balcony with fireworks view (booked a standard room on points). I received a balcony room on the second floor, with view of the swan fountain in the courtyard below. We were two rooms off the elevator, so that was nice. We were too low to see any kind of fireworks or views of Boardwalk/Epcot/HS, but it was better than I paid for. I liked how close we were to the elevator/lobby, when we have stayed in the east wing of the Dolphin before we were SO FAR from the elevators.

Other notes:
This was my first time platinum. I did notice a few extra touches which I believe were because of my status...things I have never encountered prior. We had a towel animal (Mickey head) with a note from our attendant one day (ironically, the day before checkout) letting us know that they would assist us with anything we needed. They also left us about 4 waters each day. When we stayed at the Dolphin previously we waited until after 4 pm often to have our room made up. This time, if we were out of the room by 9 a.m. our room was made up almost immediately. We came back from breakfast twice to find our room made up or housekeeping in the room, another time they knocked on the door while we were getting ready. I was pleasantly surprised.

We really enjoyed Il Mulino. I had the magical dining menu and it was excellent. Hubs got the ribeye (not magical dining) and he said it was one of the best steaks he's ever had (he's had a lot of steak!). We also did breakfasts at Garden Grove and Marcy was a delight! So, so sweet. Hot breakfast upgrade for platinums was $7 on a weekday and $9 on weekends. A great value.

Thanks for the head's up about the micro on the 3rd floor east wing! We were on the second floor east wing, right by the elevator so it was a quick jaunt to the microwave. I never would have known it was there if it weren't for this thread.

We did amazon prime now twice and were pleased with the service. The first time the woman didn't speak English and she called me and I asked where to meet her and she hung up. I eventually got a call from Amazon letting me know she was in the lobby (she wasn't). I wandered around for awhile and found her outside at the curb. After the second order I realized there was a tracking system letting you pinpoint exactly where they were and it probably would have alleviated a little bit of confusion... because the first time I didn't know if she was there, or on her way, or what.

Picabu tacos delicious as always. Big salsa and toppings bar in the room behind the dining area. They need to make this more clear. You could easily miss it.

Pools were great as always...there was no construction noticeable at all in the lobby, although they did have a sign (we were there 8/25-8/31).
A lovely stay all around.
Thank you, mrsdaly.

They aren't exactly identical. The SPG Biz card does earn 4x points on everyday business purchases at US restaurants, US gas stations, on wireless telephone services purchased directly from US service providers and on US shipping purchases, which the personal does not. This is a little bit higher than its earning before (which would have equated to 3x across the board, because 3 marriott = 1 SPG)

Have you thought about paying the cash rate for the missing night? Sometimes, the promo rates for AAA, seniors, members, etc, can be fairly reasonable.

I'm afraid that if you delete a night from your existing reservation, though, that it would re-quote it, as if it were an entirely new booking.

Have you tried calling the Platinum line at 800-399-4229 to ask for assistance?

I will look into that. Booking cash will make me lose my free 5th night since we are checking in and out both a day earlier. Length of stay is the same - 5 nights.

did you cancel your old booking and do a new one? I would have just booked one night on the end and then linked them before your trip. Rates fluctuate all the time, they go up, they go down, which is why I always book refundable and rebook if the price goes down.
We didn't cancel for fear that the reservation wouldn't be available again. This is our 1st time at Swan/Dolphin so its all new to me. Can you see prices online?

We didn't cancel for fear that the reservation wouldn't be available again. This is our 1st time at Swan/Dolphin so its all new to me. Can you see prices online?
yes, you can see prices online. So are you just saying that for the additional night the price increased? That is standard practice - new reservation/new rate - you pay whatever the current rate is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter