Walt Disney World SWAN, DOLPHIN & SWAN RESERVE RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello everyone!

I was asked to post here by a fellow poster regarding my experience purchasing the club level fast passes for my room at the Swan in May. I was able to book the club level fast passes for my deluxe alcove room at the Swan. What I've had to do is call the Swan/Dolphin first and then have them connect me. The times I've called DSS first, I have always been told to do it this way instead. That way they know that you have the proper room type because there is no way for DSS to verify that information since the Swan and Dolphin are on a different non-Disney system. I was able to book my 3 days of paid fast passes 90 days from the check out date. My trip is from May 5th-May 8th but we only bought the fast passes for the first 3 days of the trip. I'll try to let everyone know how it goes!

Hello everyone!

I was asked to post here by a fellow poster regarding my experience purchasing the club level fast passes for my room at the Swan in May. I was able to book the club level fast passes for my deluxe alcove room at the Swan. What I've had to do is call the Swan/Dolphin first and then have them connect me. The times I've called DSS first, I have always been told to do it this way instead. That way they know that you have the proper room type because there is no way for DSS to verify that information since the Swan and Dolphin are on a different non-Disney system. I was able to book my 3 days of paid fast passes 90 days from the check out date. My trip is from May 5th-May 8th but we only bought the fast passes for the first 3 days of the trip. I'll try to let everyone know how it goes!
And I am now in contact with DSS and have my 90 FP booking date set! I'll be posting on the CL Logistics thread as well. I book August 13th.

Hello everyone!

Thanks for the info!

Oh, one more question! Can the swan or dolphin transfer luggage to another resort. We are doing a split stay and would need to go from the Swan/dolphin to the Poly.

How do I know what rooms qualify for the club level fast pass add on program? If I call them, will they be able to help me?
Presidential Suites, Governor Suites, Parlor Suites, Premium Alcove Rooms (note - that these are listed as different names through the Swan/Dolphin website. Premium Alcove Rooms are considered Family Rooms and also called Deluxe Alcove Rooms and Premium Studios). It can get confusing. I can tell you that if you ask for Catherine (sp?) at Swan/Dolphin she knows the deal.

Oh, one more question! Can the swan or dolphin transfer luggage to another resort. We are doing a split stay and would need to go from the Swan/dolphin to the Poly.

Having done it many times, I recommend dropping your bags at the Swan/Dolphin bell stand in the morning - on your way out to the parks, if that's on your schedule that day. The Swan and Dolphin transfer bags to Disney resorts via Town Cars, so the bags don't sit there very long, before they are on their way. I believe that the same cannot be said for the opposite direction, though, where Disney resorts accumulate the luggage to be transferred.

When you arrive at the Poly, you can either collect the luggage yourself at the bell stand, or call to have it delivered, once you are in your room.

I had a minor scare, the last time I transferred from the Swan. When I arrived at my Disney resort, later that day, I stopped at the bell stand to collect all of my belongings - and I do mean all!
A CM checked, but told me she couldn't find my transfer. I was told to check back later in the day. After checking two more times, and being told there was nothing for me, I called over to the Swan. They said they could not tell me when my bags were picked up by the car service, but would check into it. I called back, again, and the Guest Services rep apologized for not having any further info. I was in a panic, as the bell stand does not give out receipts for bag transfers. When I called the last time, I was standing at the bell stand of my Disney resort, and a CM overheard my conversation. He approached me, asking for all of my info - name, number of bags, etc.; he proceeded to go behind the counter where another CM had repeatedly told me they did not have my belongings. As he looked through the notebook, where they keep a list of received transfers, he started reading off my delivery. It had been received hours, earlier, but whoever entered the delivery noted it as coming from the Dolphin, not the Swan. The CM who repeatedly told me my bags were never received apparently only checked by resort name; she never bothered to look for my name.

As the second CM told me that he would bring out my belongings, the original CM avoided looking at me. She never even apologized. Needless to say, the second CM received a very nice tip for his efforts. And, after getting angry with the Swan rep, when thinking my belongings were lost or stolen, I called back and offered profuse apologies. I also sent a message to her manager, recognizing her patience and great service, when the Swan did nothing wrong.

Last edited:
I've had several scares with luggage transfers between Disney-owned resorts! To me, it's worth it to uber over to my next resort, luggage with me, and store it with Bell Services at the new resort. I do this early in the morning, also letting the new resort know I'm in the area (even though the room will most likely not be ready for hours); then I head to the park, often there in time for rope drop! (When we had young children, one of us - either DH or myself - would do this!)

When I move from Swan/Dolphin to BWI/BC/YC (or the other way around), I just wheel my luggage over and get it stored! Then I know where it is!

My next trip in May, I will be wheeling my luggage from YC to the Dolphin! ;)

Can you pick up Will Call tickets at the Disney desk at the Dolphin/Swan, or do we need to go to the actual parks for that? I just had to upgrade my husband's ticket, so the old one won't work. We plan to drop our luggage at the Dolphin in the morning when we arrive and head straight to MK and I'd rather deal with it at the resort than at MK.

How much in advance are Swan/Dolphin bookable? I looked for my dates for early next March and got an unavailable message - trying to understand if that is accurate (maybe a conference or something) or whether I need to wait.

Also - it looks like standard cancellation policy applies? I am likely going to make a few room reservations until we settle on a plan... so don’t want to lose a bunch of $$!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter