Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am wondering about this myself. Obviously the discussion of whether Canadians will come to Disney or not is completely moot if the borders don't open back up. I can see Trudeau keeping them closed as long as possible, and I can see Trump wanting to open them back up asap. Unfortunately this is very hard on US border towns that relied on Canadian consumers. And of course there's the snowbirds. Though I would really hope that the borders would be opened back up by next fall/winter.

I assume the borders will be staying closed for awhile, given what was said during the press conference today. :( We were supposed to leave from the Toronto area to drive down March 14, but rescheduled for the week before Labor Day. I'm not sure that week is even feasible right now.... Heck, I'm just hoping our PEI and Bay of Fundy camping trip in July will be able to happen...

I've been wondering if maybe we reopen with only 2-3 parks. EPCOT is long on construction and short on international folks for World Showcase.

I could see them keeping it closed until a grand reopening for Food and Wine. Maybe unveil the entrance plaza / fountain or something small like that, too.

International CM's while adding to the experience, are not required for World Showcase, they easily can open with domestic CM's and will if possible.

I assume the borders will be staying closed for awhile, given what was said during the press conference today. :( We were supposed to leave from the Toronto area to drive down March 14, but rescheduled for the week before Labor Day. I'm not sure that week is even feasible right now.... Heck, I'm just hoping our PEI and Bay of Fundy camping trip in July will be able to happen...
I was hoping to go to Cedar Point this summer and I am not expecting to go to any parks any time soon. With the way Trudeau was talking today camping trips will one of the things that won't be happening. It sounds like mid summer when some restrictions will be lifted.

International CM's while adding to the experience, are not required for World Showcase, they easily can open with domestic CM's and will if possible.

Aren't they though? I mean really the World Showcase wouldn't be the World Showcase without them. It goes beyond just "adding" to it, they are rather an integral part of the very essence of what the WS is.

None have been lifted anywhere around us!
From your posts it sounds like you are from Philly. Restrictions have absolutely been lifted due to lawsuits there. But this is a rabbit hole that’ll only lead to unpleasant political talk so that’s as far as I’ll go here.

From your posts it sounds like you are from Philly. Restrictions have absolutely been lifted due to lawsuits there. But this is a rabbit hole that’ll only lead to unpleasant political talk so that’s as far as I’ll go here.
nothing lifted here

My guess is June 1. Resort Guests only til 9/1. They will open all 4 parks with some sort of virtual queue limited capacity perhaps no hopping? With the free dining offer they must have some confidence in being able to roll then. Perhaps roll in AP holders starting July 1? Also could see them extending all APs expiring in 2019 through the end of the year. Just my take

Will you be making lots of stops within the states you’re driving through? I think you’ll be just fine!
My plans is to stop for gas and maybe 1 night... Since I'm solo an almost 24 hours drive is rough to do straight through. I'm more worried about the border not being open for travelers.

I am just the opposite but that's cause I go to parks for high thrilling rides. I would rather ride a 300 foot coaster that goes 95 mph then ride Haunted Mansion

To each his/her own. I like the resorts at WDW. I am not a "thrill" rider. I will ride everything at WDW. I am terrified of crazy coasters, not that i would not ride them, because I probably would- but SDD scares me and my 5yo grandson loves it.

I think the value of the park tickets for WDW is good. I know that if I go to Silver Dollar City, Six Flags, etc. those are one day parks-maybe even half days. But WDW has something for most everyone. I am on a WDW/Disneyland update page and right now I only look at WDW updates not DL or Universal.

Sorry to the OP not to have an update due to CV-19. Hopefully, there will be a great update soon.

I have a feeling the border is on the list of last things opening up. Especially considering they figure this is lasting til summer.

As it should. I would think a long time after after things reopen.

Every time you get on a ride you touch something many people just touched.
Yep, that's the thing. Not just rides, benches, tables, railings, serving stations too. Everyone's going to be walking around with a baggie of wipes. If they open in summer I would expect a lot of people trying to wear a face mask, which will be unbearable. It's definitely going to be strange going back there once we can. You can't really social distance in a theme park...too many people.

Last edited:
Aren't they though? I mean really the World Showcase wouldn't be the World Showcase without them. It goes beyond just "adding" to it, they are rather an integral part of the very essence of what the WS is.

While they are great and really add to it, I love it and enjoy speaking to them in their native language for the few I know. But if you asked the average Epcot guest (not people that post on a Disney message boards), the vast majority would easily have no idea that there are international cast members specific to the “countries” nor would the notice if they were gone. Guests run into international CM at all parks, restaurants and hotels etc so it isn’t that special.

I know that conventional wisdom is that Disney Springs will open first, but honestly I see Disney Springs as just as much of a hazard as anything else. Do you know how many times I pick something up that someone else has picked up in the park? Rarely. Occasionally, maybe. Do you know how many times I pick something up that someone else has touched at Disney Springs? All the freaking time. Every 5 seconds. Think about shirt hangers that others have touched. Salt and pepper shakers. There is no way to sanitize every single item and every single hanger and every single doorknob between shoppers at Disney Springs.

Think about the Lego Store, Pin Trading, All of the many, many, many ornaments in the Christmas Shoppe. The princess statues that people will take pictures with and inevitably put their hands on. And, with the number of restaurants and kiosks there, as compared with one of the parks, it makes policing and monitoring every single transaction nearly impossible. Add to that when DS is crowded, it is crazy crowded and there isn't much way to enforce any sort of reduced capacity the same way there is in the parks.

I think a lot of this stuff is on individuals to do the right thing and do the smart thing. And I am all for personal responsibility. But, all it takes is one person to put their hand on a counter somewhere, and then 4 or 5 other people to put their hand in the same spot and maybe wipe their sweaty eyes and...then it starts.

I just see DS as more difficult to enforce changes. Am I crazy?

There will be no pin trading or LEGO building, salt shakers will be gone , trying on clothes might not happen , stores will limit capacity, kiosks and countertops will be wiped after every use. All of these things are already in practice in grocery stores wal marts, targets etc today. It will be very simple to implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter