Walmart Grocery Delivery

Chepic, what address do you use for OKW? Did you have a option to have it delivered to you room or only to Bell Services?

Thanks.
We have done this several times now. The latest this Thanksgiving using Dizzy Dolphin. You simply tell them OKW or any resort. All the delivery services know the actual address as they have made many deliveries to them. All of our delivery's have been to Bell Services and then you have them deliver to your room. I think this is per Disney policy but not sure. Just know in the 7 or 8 times we have had groceries delivered, they have always been to Bell Services..smjj..ºoº

Have you tried fairytale personal shopper they do grocery delivery for just a flat $20 service fee no price markup. Have used them three times great service. I believe she also does gift baskets.

I like Garden Grocer, they are reliable, but, comparing what they charge for goods compared to the actual prices of the goods (they buy from Publix) not to mention the $14.99 delivery plus the tip they suggest you add just makes it too expensive now. A bit of a shame really.

A commenter on another site said that Walmart bags couldn't be delivered because they weren't paper bags. (They were plastic.) Have any of you had trouble with that?

A commenter on another site said that Walmart bags couldn't be delivered because they weren't paper bags. (They were plastic.) Have any of you had trouble with that?
No issues at all. Sounds to me like someone trying to steer folk away from Walmart. The bell hops simply hang the bags on the hooks, leaves room for cases of water, soda and luggage below.

edit to add:
It is possible that the Bellhop receiving the groceries was new and not aware that they take all packages being delivered. In which case simply calling in a manager would have resolved the situation and alerted them to a training issue.

Last edited:

No issues at all. Sounds to me like someone trying to steer folk away from Walmart. The bell hops simply hang the bags on the hooks, leaves room for cases of water, soda and luggage below.

edit to add:
It is possible that the Bellhop receiving the groceries was new and not aware that they take all packages being delivered. In which case simply calling in a manager would have resolved the situation and alerted them to a training issue.

Agreed, my order came with all plastic bags and was delivered no problem.

I'm planning to use Walmart delivery this trip as prices are much better than Garden Grocer who we've used in the past. I have read on other posts that Walmart needs to call you before delivery, is this true? We are arriving on an international flight and won't be able to take any calls before the delivery time, even when selecting that latest slot and I wouldn't want our order canceled as has been reported in other threads. Can someone put my mind at ease?
Thankyou!

Actually Walmart Grocery’s driver just tried to drop off our bags to Pop Century and was told they cannot accept them because they are plastic bags. I tried calling and talked to the front desk and they said they can’t do anything. The driver had to return them to Walmart because we couldn’t get back to Pop Century soon enough.

Last edited:
Hello,

I used Walmart grocery for a trip that we did this past December. I was so excited because the prices were lower than other places. Unfortunately, Walmart ships from different places and I ended up with 4 packages sent from different locations and different days. Disney charges $5.00 for each package and I ended up spending $20.00. The kicker was that one of the packages only contained a jar of salsa. If you use Walmart, hope you have better luck.
I was also there in December '18 and used Walmart Grocery. There was no charge on Disney's end to bring the packages to our room, that only started in 2019.
What you encurred was a Front Desk charge that is applied to packages received via usps mail, FedEx, DHL, UPS etc. That is a different beast from these grocery delivery orders. Somehow when you checked out on Walmart.com you must not have had grocery delivery selected. I've almost done the same, but caught it.

Walmart Grocery orders are delivered all at once, exception to replacements you've called in about. Amazon has two different services they utilize which may arrive seperate from each other. There is only a charge for grocery deliveries when you've asked Bell services to bring it to your room. That charge is $6 per trip.

Actually Walmart Grocery’s driver just tried to drop off our bags to Pop Century and was told they cannot accept them because they are plastic bags. I tried calling and talked to the front desk and they said they can’t do anything. The driver had to return them to Walmart because we couldn’t get back to Pop Century soon enough.
That stinks!
Walmart needs to address this situation... but will they? I get the feeling that they're such a huge organization that they really don't care.

Amazon has two different services they utilize which may arrive seperate from each other. There is only a charge for grocery deliveries when you've asked Bell services to bring it to your room. That charge is $6 per trip.

Yes, Whole Foods and Amazon Prime Now order through the same app but deliver separately. But we had both deliveries brought to our room at the same time, so there was only one $6 charge.

We used Walmart in December and the driver dropped the order off at Bell Services at SSR. The groceries were is plastic bags and when we went to Bell Services to pick up, the person helping us said that Walmart is difficult to work with because they use plastic bags.

At least at that time, SSR still accepted the order without us being there, but they didn't seem happy about it.

I'm not understanding why Disney has a problem with plastic shopping bags as long as they aren't split open. They're easier to carry and to hook onto Bell service's carts.
Yes, they're easy to look into, but Disney should have cameras in those storage rooms that prevent thieves from helping themselves. A thief will not be deterred by a staple on a paper bag. Also, not every item will fit into a stapled shut paper bag (loaves of french bread and cases of water come to mind).

What is the real reason for this policy change that they don't take plastic bags?

I'm not understanding why Disney has a problem with plastic shopping bags as long as they aren't split open. They're easier to carry and to hook onto Bell service's carts.
Yes, they're easy to look into, but Disney should have cameras in those storage rooms that prevent thieves from helping themselves. A thief will not be deterred by a staple on a paper bag. Also, not every item will fit into a stapled shut paper bag (loaves of french bread and cases of water come to mind).

What is the real reason for this policy change that they don't take plastic bags?
I think it is two fold:
1) Disney is trying to do away with any single use plastics everywhere on property.
2) Think about when you go shopping...things tend to escape from plastic bags, they sure don't need cans and bottles rolling around in the busy storage areas.

We ordered from Walmart but our delivery was cancelled. They said they had tried to deliver to the hotel but then ssid they had returned our order to the store as we were not present to accept delivery and stated they were not able to leave with bell services. We did eventually get our order redelivered later that night but it was quite a hassle.
We have always used Garden Grocer in the past but their selection is very limited and their prices extremely inflated.

Here is our little review from our trip from 2 weeks ago.
1. Walmart: Delivery went smooth. There were a few errors and I called and I received a credit to my CC for the mistakes. They were delivered with plastic bags, however, we met the driver at the curb at the HH at OKW, and no one said a word to us. We even used the bellhop cart to bring them to our condo.
2. Instacart: we used this for ABC liquors for our beer and wine run. They were great, no issues. And we used them twice.
3. On Tues we realized that we were going to run out of certain foods so I did Instacart again to an Aldi and was very pleased! I wish I had realized this before I placed the Walmart order as Aldi's prices were better.

Instacart has a trial membership that lasts for 2 weeks which we took advantage of for the free delivery. When I got home, I canceled it as I won't use it here at home.

So next trip, I will most likely use Instacart to Aldi as it was better for pricing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter