Wall-E World

That would be very cute. I don't know about a whole themed area but I would love if they took out Honey I Shrunk the Audience and put in a Wall-E 3D adventure, or maybe a Wall-E encounter of some sort. Just a thought! ;)

Well, that could be very clever - if people got the joke and the play on words/spelling. Maybe the movie "Vacation" was a precursor of some kind, or a self-fulfilling prophecy!

That would be very cute. I don't know about a whole themed area but I would love if they took out Honey I Shrunk the Audience and put in a Wall-E 3D adventure, or maybe a Wall-E encounter of some sort. Just a thought! ;)

I agree with a 3D film or Star Tours type ride themed to Wall-E. I don't understand the "Carsland" thing. Sounds real hokey to me. Why couldn't they have done "Pixarland," and combined all their characters into one area. That would make more sense to me, but they don't pay me to think, do they?

Well, that could be very clever - if people got the joke and the play on words/spelling. Maybe the movie "Vacation" was a precursor of some kind, or a self-fulfilling prophecy!

I was thinking of the movie Vacation too. It probably brings up the image for to use. :rotfl: I would love it if they put some Wall-E thing in place of HISTA. Of course, I think I would love anything they put in there to replace it. ;)

I agree with a 3D film or Star Tours type ride themed to Wall-E. I don't understand the "Carsland" thing. Sounds real hokey to me. Why couldn't they have done "Pixarland," and combined all their characters into one area. That would make more sense to me, but they don't pay me to think, do they?

I was beginning to think I was the only one who is not keen on the Carsland thing at DCA. I know, I know - I am in the minority and everyone's kids love Cars, the movie. I like the movie too, and I will certainly keep an open mind and I will probably grow to like the land, but I still don't see why, of all the FUN movies they could have themed a land around (Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo), they chose Cars.....except that they were trying to find some way to make a new land and work it into the California theme, and so the California car culture theme made sense, and also because they could make several car-type rides in that land. I like the movie Cars, but I just don't see it as being as 'magical' in terms of Disney possibilities for the park/land, and it doesn't have that 'classic Disney movie' feeling to it - in my opinion. The photo opportunities are peculiar because the characters from Cars can't be up walking around, and posing for pictures. You have to go to where they are and they just...sit there. They don't hug you or play with you. It's weird. I would have SO gone with the Toys, the Monsters or the Fish in theming a land before going with cars because those fit the Disney magic much more, I think. I was not that much of a fan of The Incredibles movie, but that superhero theme would even be good for a land, more so than Cars, I feel. But we will see what happens. I am glad to see there is at least one other person out there who also questions the Carsland idea (and by the way, that is not even a good name for a land! They should call it something else.)

I was thinking of the movie Vacation too. It probably brings up the image for to use. :rotfl: I would love it if they put some Wall-E thing in place of HISTA. Of course, I think I would love anything they put in there to replace it. ;)

I agree - I am bored to tears with HISTA. I only thought it was amusing one time and then was sick of it. If they do end up making a new ride on the People Mover tracks based on The Incredibles or on Wall-E, then they NEED to replace HISTA with a a 3-D show based on whichever one is not used for the People Mover. So if Wall-E gets to be the new People Mover, then they need to make a HISTA-type 3-D thing based on The Incredibles, or vice versa.

Sherry & PinBudgie, we must all be of the same generation! I was thinking Vacation too!:rotfl: I agree about HISTA. Time for a change.

I was beginning to think I was the only one who is not keen on the Carsland thing at DCA. I know, I know - I am in the minority and everyone's kids love Cars, the movie. I like the movie too, and I will certainly keep an open mind and I will probably grow to like the land, but I still don't see why, of all the FUN movies they could have themed a land around (Toy Story, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo), they chose Cars.....except that they were trying to find some way to make a new land and work it into the California theme, and so the California car culture theme made sense, and also because they could make several car-type rides in that land. I like the movie Cars, but I just don't see it as being as 'magical' in terms of Disney possibilities for the park/land, and it doesn't have that 'classic Disney movie' feeling to it - in my opinion. The photo opportunities are peculiar because the characters form Cars can't be up walking around, and posing for pictures. You have to go to where they are and they just...sit there. They don't hug you or play with you. It's weird. I would have SO gone with the Toys, the Monsters or the Fish in theming a land before going with cars because those fit the Disney magic much more, I think. I was not that much of a fan of The Incredibles movie, but that superhero theme would even be good for a land. But we will see what happens. I am glad to see there is at least one other person out there who also questions the Carsland idea (and by the way, that is not even a good name for a land! They should call it something else.) I agree - I am bored to tears with HISTA. I only thought it was amusing one time and then was sick of it. If they do end up making a new ride on the People Mover tracks based on The Incredibles or on Wall-E, then they NEED to replace HISTA with a a 3-D show based on whichever one is not used for the People Mover. So if Wall-E gets to be the new People Mover, then they need to make a HISTA-type 3-D thing based on The Incredibles, or vice versa.

I agree with you two about the carsland thing. I never understood why they were doing another lame kiddo car ride. :confused3Why not either go over the top Pixar theming or go the complete opposite and do the Test Track ride, and R&R coaster rides. You know, it wouldn't hurt to have a few more themed thrill rides like what we see in DHS or Epcot. Having 2 slow kiddie car rides in one resort seems repetitive. Why not revamp the cars in Autopia to fit the movie theme and do something completely different in DCA? How about putting in Mickey's Philharmagic, and Test Track and R&R coaster? Whoo-hoo - then DCA would R.O.C.K.!

Hista is a snore fest. We only go in when it's cold to get out of the cold for a little while, or when it's hot to cool off for a little while. Honestly I liked Golden Dream better than HISTA.:rolleyes1

I agree with you two about the carsland thing. I never understood why they were doing another lame kiddo car ride. :confused3Why not either go over the top Pixar theming or go the complete opposite and do the Test Track ride, and R&R coaster rides. You know, it wouldn't hurt to have a few more themed thrill rides like what we see in DHS or Epcot. Having 2 slow kiddie car rides in one resort seems repetitive. Why not revamp the cars in Autopia to fit the movie theme and do something completely different in DCA? How about putting in Mickey's Philharmagic, and Test Track and R&R coaster? Whoo-hoo - then DCA would R.O.C.K.!

It's my understanding that they are bringing in a Test Track ride. Supposed to have 2 tracks instead of the one TT in Epcot has. You know where on the ride there's a choice of 2 tracks? The one in California is rumored to have a choice here. That's what we heard while at WDW last Sept. Also supposedly supposed to have a Sci Fi Drive in restraurant as well. Maybe in the old Hollywood restaurant?

Oh, and if they brought in RnR that would be really cool! :cool1:

Since Disney kind of boxed themselves into sticking with some kind of California theme when they made DCA, and now everything they put in there has to somehow connect to a California theme or landmark, I think an R&R Coaster could fit into that in a roundabout way, because California is also very known for its music, and especially rock, scene - the "California (soft rock) sound," the glam metal/heavy metal bands, the punk scene, the San Francisco scene of the '60s, etc. This is a very music-oriented state, so they could find a way to work R&R Coaster into that idea.

We definitely need Mickey's Philharmagic!

I agree - I am bored to tears with HISTA. I only thought it was amusing one time and then was sick of it. If they do end up making a new ride on the People Mover tracks based on The Incredibles or on Wall-E, then they NEED to replace HISTA with a a 3-D show based on whichever one is not used for the People Mover. So if Wall-E gets to be the new People Mover, then they need to make a HISTA-type 3-D thing based on The Incredibles, or vice versa.

What is HISTA? :confused: haha.

What is HISTA? :confused: haha.

Oh!:lmao: It does take a while to get used to the abbreviations!

HISTA is, as DisneySuiteFreak most accurately described, the "snore fest" known as Honey I Shrunk the Audience!! It is cute the first time or two that you see it, but it gets old real fast!

Oh!:lmao: It does take a while to get used to the abbreviations!

HISTA is, as DisneySuiteFreak most accurately described, the "snore fest" known as Honey I Shrunk the Audience!! It is cute the first time or two that you see it, but it gets old real fast!

yeah haha :rotfl: I am learning though! Yeah, HISTA. Been there, done that, not going to go back. Haha! Yeah, it should be changed into something maybe Wall-E themed or something. Same with Star Tours. That ride is a little more interesting, but I've never associated Star Wars with Disney. I'm sure over the years Disneyland will transform all of it's rides into something Disney/Pixar related.

Funny, we always have called Walmart, Wally World.

Same here. :)

I also was thinking of National Lampoon's Vacation like a couple others. Love the part when Chevy Punches the moose because the park is closed. :lmao:

As far as Wall-E in the parks goes, I'd rather see something put into Tomorrowland from that movie since that land needs some fresh attention anyways (I've suggested before that Wall-E might be a good theme for a re-imagined peoplemover since the peoplemover station design was actually used in the movie for one of the early scenes on earth).

Funny, we always have called Walmart, Wally World.

Us too, that's what I was going to say word for word! LOL I don't want a Wall E World ride, way too close to Wally World for me and I really don't like shopping there so it's not a good thing. lol

But, I would LOVE for them to get rid of HiStA, I'm so over that show and even the kids only wanted to see it once! lol I think it would be great if they put a Wall E show in there, how fun!!!

But, I would LOVE for them to get rid of HiStA, I'm so over that show and even the kids only wanted to see it once! lol I think it would be great if they put a Wall E show in there, how fun!!!

I've actually never seen HISTA. I saw Captain EO plenty of times but when they put HISTA in there, I think the novelty had kinda wore off of me and It just never sounded like something I would really be interested in. I like the Other 3D shows that have come since (Love Muppets 3D and It's tough to Be a bug is not bad either) so it's not the 3D, just that particular franchise that dosen't attract me much.

I really don't know what would be a good replacement. Since Muppets and Tough to be a bug are shown as presentations to an audience they are aware of, I'm not sure how that would work with either Wall-E or The Incredibles. Also, since it is Tomorrowland, I would hope that it maintains some kind of futuristic theme. Maybe, it would be better to remove the theater and put a ride in its place. Don't know.

I also was thinking of National Lampoon's Vacation like a couple others. Love the part when Chevy Punches the moose because the park is closed.

Yes, classic! However that would never happen to any of us because we are planners! :rotfl:

I've actually never seen HISTA.

You must see it at least once. We forget now how it was it when it was new. It was very good when it first came out. One of a kind for its time. Roughly, the story line is you, the audience, are there to see a science awards show. Of course it goes wrong. It ties in to the movies which probably now, kids are not seeing. I don't think my teens have seen it. The the clothes are dated so it doesn't feel like you are really there and it is happening now. I used to always have to see that when we went. It is so old I've seen it a zillion times. But if you haven't seen it, it is worth the time to go see at least once. :thumbsup2

Yes, classic! However that would never happen to any of us because we are planners! :rotfl:

You must see it at least once. We forget now how it was it when it was new. It was very good when it first came out. One of a kind for its time. Roughly, the story line is you, the audience, are there to see a science awards show. Of course it goes wrong. It ties in to the movies which probably now, kids are not seeing. I don't think my teens have seen it. The the clothes are dated so it doesn't feel like you are really there and it is happening now. I used to always have to see that when we went. It is so old I've seen it a zillion times. But if you haven't seen it, it is worth the time to go see at least once. :thumbsup2

What makes me laugh about HISTA is that at one point they show the audience (supposedly those of us seated in the theater at the time) and it is a full house, while in reality both times I sat through it there were maybe 30 in there total.....LOL! Talk about suspending disbelief....:rotfl:

Ha!

What fun ideas!

I would love to see a WALL-E attraction like a replacement for HISTA! Or the Peoplemover (so my favorite movie and my favorite ride can finally be together at last! :) ). Heck, I'd personally love to see WALL-E instead of Star Tours! Imagine him piloting a spaceship; how cute would that be???

(Star Wars/Tours fans, it's not going to happen so don't get mad at me please? :flower3: )

As far as a land, I'd LOVE to see that too, but WALL-E is kind of a tricky movie for making a "world" of. If they made WALL-E's homeland the world, then Disney has to make a land full of detailed rubbish and skyscrapers made of trash. I'm not sure that world could be made attractive enough for a whole land, unless we see WALL-E interacting with it like in the movie. On its own without WALL-E the whole place would literally be rubbish.

Or they could theme it as the Axiom, but that's rather dystopian. The revitalized Earth wouldn't fit in with Tomorrowland and doesn't have much to do with California but it would be a much more pleasant place. The Axiom could always be docked somewhere, too.

I really wish they had a WALL-E meet and greet, though I assume they're worried about kids getting their feet run over. :( He'd be so interactive, though--I'd gladly wait in line to say hello to him and get a picture, and I don't understand why they never made one that just doesn't roll. (Or Eve too, of course, but I know that they already made at least one "real" WALL-E, whereas Eve would take new design work, and figuring out how to make her float. :) )

(And re: Carsland, it seemed like an odd choice for a world to me at first, too, but ever since I read that they're going to use a modernized "whip" mechanism for a ride, I've been a lot more interested...I love to go on rides that are inspired by older rides, and the "whip" used to be a mainstay of old parks. :) Bringing back nostalgic things is a good theme for a land based on Cars as well. :) )

Since Disney kind of boxed themselves into sticking with some kind of California theme when they made DCA, and now everything they put in there has to somehow connect to a California theme or landmark, I think an R&R Coaster could fit into that in a roundabout way, because California is also very known for its music, and especially rock, scene - the "California (soft rock) sound," the glam metal/heavy metal bands, the punk scene, the San Francisco scene of the '60s, etc. This is a very music-oriented state, so they could find a way to work R&R Coaster into that idea.
We definitely need Mickey's Philharmagic!
I think these are great ideas! You're right Music themed rides+ California is a perfect fit!

It's my understanding that they are bringing in a Test Track ride. Supposed to have 2 tracks instead of the one TT in Epcot has. You know where on the ride there's a choice of 2 tracks? The one in California is rumored to have a choice here. That's what we heard while at WDW last Sept. Also supposedly supposed to have a Sci Fi Drive in restraurant as well. Maybe in the old Hollywood restaurant?
Oh, and if they brought in RnR that would be really cool! :cool1:

That would be uber cool is they brought in Test Track & R&R coaster. :thumbsup2 Where in WDW did you hear this tidbit about them bringing in it? Do tell! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter