Walking at Kidani

I'm not sure I agree with all of the issues about walking at Kidani.

I have stayed at Kidani, Jambo House, Sarasota Springs, Pop Century, Cabins at Fort Wilderness, Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans, and Grand Floridian. I have been to almost all other resorts as well.

Each one has their walking. I've not stayed or been in any resort where there wasn't some bit of walking to do. Walking to any pool, to any lobby, to the gift shop, counter service restaurant, etc.

Truth be told, I walked the most at SSR. I walked a lot at Pop Century. I walked the least at GF, but I still had to walk quite a bit to get to the different places at the resort.

If the parking is an issue, you can do valet, which isn't that much $$, and save yourself some walking.

There is always going to be a lot of walking at WDW. Whether at a water park, theme park, DTD, resort, or wherever.

I've stayed at Kidani four times now, and have stayed on the Pembe Savannah, which is farthest from the lobby, but still I have found it no farther than any other resort.

Maybe next time I'll hook a pedometer on my belt and measure it all out. My guess is that it all averages out to be about the same with very little difference between resorts.

I am glad to hear your view because I often wonder about this. We have stayed at POR, POFQ, CB, SSR, Kidani and VWL/BLT on our upcoming trip with the BWV booked for this winter. At SSR the laundry was so far from our room that I dreaded it. I am sure there are the few room right by everything but still.

We even found the bus rides to be shorter from Kidani because at POR there were so many bus stops but I have never timed it out.

I think it's funny: the OP started this thread because she and her family *want* to walk and she was looking for info on where to walk around Kidani/Jambo. I'm partial to the smell of the Disney pools and fountains - I just wish there was a water feature mid-way along the path to Jambo. I knew it wouldn't be long before the thread was hijacked into a "the hallways are too long" thread. :lmao:

Side note - All the walking and fresh air at Disney makes me feel healthier. I miss it when we're home to the point where I keep saying I'm moving to Florida.

I think it's funny: the OP started this thread because she and her family *want* to walk and she was looking for info on where to walk around Kidani/Jambo. I'm partial to the smell of the Disney pools and fountains - I just wish there was a water feature mid-way along the path to Jambo. I knew it wouldn't be long before the thread was hijacked into a "the hallways are too long" thread. :lmao:

Side note - All the walking and fresh air at Disney makes me feel healthier. I miss it when we're home to the point where I keep saying I'm moving to Florida.

Was just coming on to post myself ;)

I really appreciate everyone's opinions and it's nice to hear both sides of the story - but, yes, I started the thread because I love to take morning walks on vacation. My favorite resort for walking is CBR (which gets blasted constantly for being "too big"). I just wanted to see if there were any paths like that around Kidani.

I'm definitely planning on doing the walk to Jambo a couple of mornings, and I know we'll all love the savannah viewing areas. Thanks everyone for all the good info - can't believe we'll be there so soon! :thumbsup2

Although I did see it mentioned once, there are paths out near the tennis courts and such where you aren't in a parking lot and can actually see a bit of the nature and landscape. Although you don't _have_ to walk there (like the walking you have to do at some other resorts to get from place to place), this sounds more like what you want because it's out of the way and not heavily used, which may be why not many people mentioned it.

Have a great time!

The only area you can walk around is that on the front side of the building and over to the front side of the Jambo building. That area includes the Kidani pool area, roads, bus stop. parking areas and some flora (more so when you get to Jambo). The other areas are all savannas and you cannot go on those. In fact be aware that except for a designated savanna viewing area, the only way to enter and exit from the Kidani building is through doors at or near the front entrance or via the below-building parking lot which takes you out to areas on the front side of the building. You should not assume that the walk outside is one that includes excellent views of anything. The Jambo building is similar: except for doors leading to the pool or designated savanna viewing areas, the only way to get in and out of the Jambo building is via doors at or near the front entrance.

I have read on another thread of someone requesting being near Jambo, at the end of a hall. They walked to the Mara each morning & evening. Can you get out through the parking garage then, and have a shorter walk to Jambo? If you have to double back to the lobby area to exit the building, the walk would not be shorter just having your room at the end of the hall.:confused3

I have read on another thread of someone requesting being near Jambo, at the end of a hall. They walked to the Mara each morning & evening. Can you get out through the parking garage then, and have a shorter walk to Jambo? If you have to double back to the lobby area to exit the building, the walk would not be shorter just having your room at the end of the hall.:confused3

Yes you can. There are elevators at different locations up and down the hallways. You would just take the elevator down to the ground floor/garage level. It pops out right on the sidewalk and you can walk on over to the Mara... save yourself a few steps.

facebook twitter