WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

same. joining maybe this thread? ! Can someone explain to me exactly what it is ? Are you following a walking app?

HI,

Determine the distance from your house or city to Walt Disney World. That is your target. Then, at whatever frequency you choose, post the miles you walked for the period of time until you reach the total miles to Walt Disney World or beyond.

For example I live 612 miles from Walt Disney World so my goal is 612 miles. Every week (if I remember) I post the number of miles I logged for the week. I keep adding the miles together until I reach 612.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Enjoy the walk!!

same. joining maybe this thread? ! Can someone explain to me exactly what it is ? Are you following a walking app?

HI,

Determine the distance from your house or city to Walt Disney World. That is your target. Then, at whatever frequency you choose, post the miles you walked for the period of time until you reach the total miles to Walt Disney World or beyond.

For example I live 612 miles from Walt Disney World so my goal is 612 miles. Every week (if I remember) I post the number of miles I logged for the week. I keep adding the miles together until I reach 612.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Enjoy the walk!!

What a great motivator! I definitely need to get back in shape for Disney!

We have a June trip planned to DLR - 365 miles from my house - and a June 2022 trip planned for WDW (postponed from June 2020) - that's 2,780 miles from me according to Google maps.

I've been walking at least 2 miles a day since we bought our tickets to DLR and I realized how out of shape I am. Back in 2019 when we thought we'd be at WDW for June 2020, I was working on getting from 5 miles a day to 8 miles a day to both lose some weight and get ready for long park days. I was walking to and from work (substitute teacher at a neighborhood school), standing and walking all day at work, and walking everywhere I could for running errands instead of driving. But I've been out of work during the pandemic and have had everything delivered instead of getting out into shops, so I was barely walking at all and it's really showing!

So now I'm getting up each morning and heading out for a 2 mile loop through our neighborhood, and then trying to get more walking in as the day allows. Adding up from when I started on 4/16, I've got 24 miles logged so far!

24/365 - 341 miles left to DLR - I don't think I'll make it before the trip, but oh well!
24/2,780 - 2,756 left to WDW - whew! think I'll make it by June 2022?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter