WAlk to Disney Challenge... feel free to join

MickeyMom76

Mouseketeer
Haven't posted in a while, so time to catch up.
Aug 11-17: 23 miles
Aug 18-24: 12 miles
Aug. 25-31: 20 miles
Sept. 1-7: 22 miles

Seems good, except I think I need to be getting about 35 miles a week in order to reach my goal by February :oops:

217/1092

• BeckyM

Earning My Ears
    It looks like this thread/board? has been around for a long time so I hope it's ok to join now! I definitely need to get my stamina up for our August 2020 trip. I sit at a computer all day for my job, and I feel the difference in my energy level from when I used to be on my feet all the time. It's about 880 miles to Disney for me. I'm about to head out the door for a walk now. We'll see how it goes. 🤞

• MickeyMom76

Mouseketeer
    the school year starting has definitely slowed me down.
    I agree. I teach kindergarten and I feel like I’m moving constantly. So I’m exhausted, but I’m not getting in as many miles as in the summer! I don’t think I’ll make my goal of walking to Disney Vero Beach by February, but it’s still fun to try!

30 miles logged this week.

304/1092

• njcarita

DIS Veteran
    OP here. ....can't believe I started this thread back in 2010 ( year of my last Disney trip) where does the time go and sadly and I never completed it. So going to give it another whirl.
    Planning a quick trip this year, so need to start walking to develope some kind of Disney walking stamina.

So here I go 0/1102 miles to go.

Happy walking everyone!

Shellbells

Mouseketeer
    I just found this board. It's a very inspiring idea. Our trip isn't until Dec 2020 but since I'm 2334 miles from DW I'm going to need that much time! Lol.
    I work a desk job so I sit most of the day. I also have a treadmill that does nothing but collect dust. I'll need to walk about 5 miles a day. I'm really out of shape but I'm motivated so here we go!

softball chick

Teacher of Math and Disney Magic
    I just found this board. It's a very inspiring idea. Our trip isn't until Dec 2020 but since I'm 2334 miles from DW I'm going to need that much time! Lol.
    I work a desk job so I sit most of the day. I also have a treadmill that does nothing but collect dust. I'll need to walk about 5 miles a day. I'm really out of shape but I'm motivated so here we go!
    Welcome! Definitely a fun motivation, imagining walking to our happy place!
    I've got 7.88 more miles from this week.

40.95/1,253

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates