• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Walk in Walt's Footsteps Tour

TNMomof3

Trying to earn my PhDVC!
Hi! I tried searching for reviews, but the search was currently down.

I'm thinking of this tour for next month and would like to get some opinions on it. I'm a frequent WDW visitor, but this is my first trip to DL.

How does this tour compare to the Keys to the Kingdom tour held in the MK? I loved that tour, but don't necessarily want to do WIWF tour if it is just a DL version of the tour.

Does anyone have any reviews you can share? Anyone done both tours and can compare them?

Thanks! :)

I've never been to WDW so I can't compare but I did the Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour last October and it was great. I am a frequent Disneyland visitor so I didn't think there was much new stuff to hear but I was worng and I learned a lot. So since you have never been you will really learn a lot. Also you will get a chance to get into the lobby of Club 33 which is a members only club in Disneyland so that is really cool. Then you get to have a nice luch in the courtyard of the Disney Gallery wich I thought was nice and relaxing. I really enjoyed the tour and will probably do in again when I get a chance to go for longer than a day or two since it does take a few hours.

I haven't been to WDW (yet ... next year I can't wait!!!) but I have done the WIWF tour at DL and it was great as Leash said. I learned a lot about DL. It was fun to go in Club 33, even if it was only the lobby.

I've done both over the last couple of years and both are great. I think they are diffeent enough that you will enjoy it. Where WDW's KTTKT takes you behind the scenes of the utilidors and backstage at the parade float area, DL's WIWFT behind the scenes is the lobby of the Club 33. We wanted to see mor of the restaurant of course but couldn't. We took the last tour of the day which was delayed as they added a few more people. Other tours were running late so we couldn't eat at the Disney Gallery balcony as promoted. Instead, lunch was served at New Orleans Cafe (I think) terrace. We were all fine with that, but at the end of the tour we were surprised with reserved seating below light tower B for the 9:00 Fantasmic! show. Very cool. They did this to compensate us for the delays.

We already had 10:30 reservations for the Fantasmic! balcony dessert buffet, so we saw it twice. It was nice to see it from a different perspective and didn't have to wait either time for the show.

Note, I think our tour was about 2:30pm so they servred "lunch" as the last thing which became dinner. I had asked about this to determine if we should have lunch first. When you book it is not a bad idea to find out when you eat so you can plan accordingly. Our lunch became dinner and we were too stuffed to eat much at the dessert buffet. We were brave little soldiers and did the best we could....lol!!! Have fun!

I am going to do the tour on Friday, woohoo!

Sorry, i'm just excited :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter