Walk in Walt’s footsteps tour

Planning on doing this tour the next time we are there. As long as they keep going to Walt's apartment. Kind of bummed that it wasn't in the cards to do this tour this last trip.

We are planning a trip in a few years for my DH's Bday. (we always go for mine or the kids because Halloween and Christmas times) My DH wants his bday, without the HUnted Mansion holiday lol. Anyways he is a huge Walt fan I would like to do this and hopefully sees Walt's Apartment.

While this is still fresh in my mind (I went 2 weeks ago)... As other's have said, "worth it" depends on where you place your worth!

My tour was at noon, with an 11:30 check-in. I checked in at 11 (couldn't remember the time to check-in!), where I chose my meal (turkey sandwich, seasonal fruit, Mickey sugar cookie, Diet Coke), got my name pin, and then took a ride on the train until it was closer to time for the tour. Just before noon, we got our listening devices, tested them, then went on our way. Our tour group was 16(!!) people. (A little big, I think; perhaps 10 would have been a little better.) We walked around to various places, hearing the dedication of each land as recorded on opening day. We rode Alice in Wonderland, then the train over to Tomorrowland, where we had a quick potty break. We went to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln near the end of the walking tour. At that point, they split us in half, and one group did the apartment while the other one sat at Tour Gardens for their meal. Contrary to how I had seen pictures in the past, they didn't take our picture next to the lantern--instead, we were in front of the seat/Walt's bed. In one picture, you can see the lantern, but that's it. We were in the second-lunch-group, which was wonderful--we leisurely ate our lunch, chatting up the CMs for nearly an hour. They also give you your special Walt pin at the meal time.

I learned plenty of new things, and had a fun time. Would I do it again? Maybe if the Royal Suite or Club 33 was on the docket, since I've seen Walt's place now. ... I would likely recommend doing an earlier tour, as we didn't sit down for "lunch" until 3:30pm, by which time we were all pretty darn hungry!

Is there any way to know in advance if Walt's apartment will be on the tour? I'd love to do this in March but that's a deal breaker for me I think.

Is there any way to know in advance if Walt's apartment will be on the tour? I'd love to do this in March but that's a deal breaker for me I think.
Its on the docket now, and haven't heard of any plans to change it. You can confirm that its going to be the exclusive place you visit... They've changed the Dream Suite to the Royal Suite with a special ($$$$) dining option. They've done Club 33's entrance as well, but not for a few years now.

Its on the docket now, and haven't heard of any plans to change it. You can confirm that its going to be the exclusive place you visit... They've changed the Dream Suite to the Royal Suite with a special ($$$$) dining option. They've done Club 33's entrance as well, but not for a few years now.

That sounds promising, thank you!

That sounds promising, thank you!
There's usually some rumbling when they are going to change it. I think the rumor was going around here a few weeks before they went from Walt's apartment to the (then) Dream Suite, and then back to Walt's apartment. When asked about this (the possibility of going to the Royal Suite on a future tour), our guide didn't seem to believe that would happen any time soon.

So disappointed! Tried to book this next month for my birthday and it is sold out.

Just went on this tour a couple weeks ago. It was around $90/person with the 15% DVC discount applied. You can read my review here:
http://**************.com/blog/2018/2/6/a-walk-in-walts-footsteps-a-disney-parks-tour-review

Planning on doing this tour the next time we are there. As long as they keep going to Walt's apartment. Kind of bummed that it wasn't in the cards to do this tour this last trip.

Hello, Do you need park passes for this tour? Thanks

I was really excited about this tour until I read they no longer visit Walts Apartment

So here is the deal...it is not that the Apartment is not on the tour, it is just not guaranteed...and here is why...they removed the chair lift that accessed the Apartment to make way for the pedestrian access tunnel behind Main Street (among other reasons)...so the apartment is no longer ADA accessible which is why they cannot guarantee it. Now if your tour all shows up and the group is all abled bodied individuals not needing any special accommodations nor consist of anyone of "questionable" character (there have been a lot of instances of theft and damage even ON the tour) they "may" make it available which is why some have been up there recently on the tour and others make it to the Dream Suite.

If only you could know for sure. It would be the key feature for me. I also read the apartment was getting to much damage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter