• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waitlist question

KarenL29

Earning My Ears
Can anyone help at all please...I’m just wondering how the waitlists work.

We travel from Scotland and stay on average 2 weeks. We have bought into DVC where we would like to predominately stay so that we will (hopefully) almost always be guaranteed a hotel room at the 11th month mark. If we waitlist an entire week at another resort at the 7th month mark I’m curious as to how this works. Say if we are near the top of the waitlist and 4 nights out of 7 become available...do they hold those 4 nights until the other 3 potentially become available? Or would they give those nights to someone else and our waitlist would only come through if the 7 nights became available altogether?

What I’m asking I guess is would it be more sensible to waitlist two shorter stays instead of one longer one?

I hope that all makes sense! Thanks in advance!

Say if we are near the top of the waitlist and 4 nights out of 7 become available...do they hold those 4 nights until the other 3 potentially become available? Or would they give those nights to someone else and our waitlist would only come through if the 7 nights became available altogether?
All nights must be available for the waitlist to match.

Can anyone help at all please...I’m just wondering how the waitlists work.

We travel from Scotland and stay on average 2 weeks. We have bought into DVC where we would like to predominately stay so that we will (hopefully) almost always be guaranteed a hotel room at the 11th month mark. If we waitlist an entire week at another resort at the 7th month mark I’m curious as to how this works. Say if we are near the top of the waitlist and 4 nights out of 7 become available...do they hold those 4 nights until the other 3 potentially become available? Or would they give those nights to someone else and our waitlist would only come through if the 7 nights became available altogether?

What I’m asking I guess is would it be more sensible to waitlist two shorter stays instead of one longer one?

I hope that all makes sense! Thanks in advance!
No, the entire request gets filled or passed over.

If you do 2 shorter stays, just be comfortable with the fact that only 1 may come thru, and you would have to switch rooms.

Shorter stays get filled quicker. Its not impossible, but on any in demand resort, it would probably be pretty rare that 14 days become available at the same moment in time and stay available between executions of the wait list program, and slip down to you,

Just because you make a WL first thing on the 7 month mark does not mean you are close to the top. 1000 people who own at that resort could already be on that wait list ahead of you.

Thanks both for your help - I thought this may be the case! Good to know for future.
Ahh yes I realise that about the waitlist was just using that as an example. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter