Waitlist Question

huey578

Test Track Dummy
I am thinking about doing my first waitlist. I currently have a room reservation. I see that I have the option when I waitlist to have the current reservation replaced with the waitlist one. Once the current reservation is cancelled I will have enough points to cover the new waitlist one. Why is there an Authorization to Borrow Vacation Points section at the bottom of the screen? I am hesitant to waitlist then have points borrowed instead of having my current reservation cancelled. Should I worry about this? :confused3 TIA

Probably best if you call Member Services and do the waitlist over the phone. Then you can verify that the points will not be borrowed but taken from one reservation to the other.

Don't worry - they would only borrow pts if you didn't have enough after canceling the first reservation.

(With that said, it is a good idea to double check your pts after a wait list comes through.)

I tick that I think it is just in case you don't have enough points as all resorts are not equal. I allow the online tool to book the waitlist then if there is an issue which there never has been with points I would phone member services and get them to sort it out. But at least my waitlist is secure.

I am thinking about doing my first waitlist. I currently have a room reservation. I see that I have the option when I waitlist to have the current reservation replaced with the waitlist one. Once the current reservation is cancelled I will have enough points to cover the new waitlist one. Why is there an Authorization to Borrow Vacation Points section at the bottom of the screen? I am hesitant to waitlist then have points borrowed instead of having my current reservation cancelled. Should I worry about this? :confused3 TIA

It used to be where you stated you would allow borrowing or not. Now you have to agree to borrowing. Who knows why - maybe a couple of members said no borrowing and then the waitlist filled but DVC cancelled the filling since they said no borrowing and they freaked out. Just a guess.

But, if you told them to cancel and replace and they didn't if the waitlist filled I suspect they would do that and correct your points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter