• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waitlist Confidence Restored

Waitlist for Jan 6 at Riviera and at Grand Floridian just filled, which is great. I wonder how the CM decides which one to keep? (I have no missed calls.)

They picked Riviera and released GF back into inventory, which was the right choice. But interesting that they didn’t fill both waitlists and just picked one.

Waitlist for Jan 6 at Riviera and at Grand Floridian just filled, which is great. I wonder how the CM decides which one to keep? (I have no missed calls.)

They picked Riviera and released GF back into inventory, which was the right choice. But interesting that they didn’t fill both waitlists and just picked one.
Our Jan 6 at GF was just filled today as well. Guess some people cancelled their trips for that weekend! Excited to stay for our first time there.

How do you know that both matched? The website doesn’t show that.

It sounds like RIV matched, they’d fill and then cancel the VGF. Both disappear at the same time.

How do you know that both matched? The website doesn’t show that.

It sounds like RIV matched, they’d fill and then cancel the VGF. Both disappear at the same time.
Why would they cancel the VGF? Curious why that would happen - I could potentially want to book two rooms for the same date.

I’m guessing that VGF also filled and they released it because I checked right after I got my email from DVC confirming the Riviera stay and the exact room I had waitlisted was available. But I don’t know for sure. Maybe they did cancel my waitlist and the room I had waitlisted just happened to be available at the same time.

Why would they cancel the VGF? Curious why that would happen - I could potentially want to book two rooms for the same date.

I’m guessing that VGF also filled and they released it because I checked right after I got my email from DVC confirming the Riviera stay and the exact room I had waitlisted was available. But I don’t know for sure. Maybe they did cancel my waitlist and the room I had waitlisted just happened to be available at the same time.

Two rooms for the same date with the same guests will always cancel the second when one fills.

If you want both rooms, you’d need to put the second one in a different name so they know you want both.

You can put in two waitlists, but as soon as one matches the other is canceled, If you want to get VGF, you have to waitlist again, which puts you into a different place,

This allows for more peoole to get them. Sometimes, the emails that a waitlist has filled can be hours or even a day later. I have seen a matched waitlist oh my dashboard before I ever got the email.

Two rooms for the same date with the same guests will always cancel the second when one fills.

If you want both rooms, you’d need to put the second one in a different name so they know you want both.

You can put in two waitlists, but as soon as one matches the other is canceled, If you want to get VGF, you have to waitlist again, which puts you into a different place,

This allows for more peoole to get them. Sometimes, the emails that a waitlist has filled can be hours or even a day later. I have seen a matched waitlist oh my dashboard before I ever got the email.
Interesting. I thought if I listed different guests they wouldn’t cancel. (I had 3 names including mine for one waitlist and only my name for the other.) Good to know! Thanks!

I have two UYs and four waitlists. I play with this a lot.

When a waitlist fills, it cancels the other one in that membership. Even on different dates, even with different people. I've tried. It doesn't change waitlists in your other UY.

The workaround for this would be to call and get them to put it in the notes.

I have two UYs and four waitlists. I play with this a lot.

When a waitlist fills, it cancels the other one in that membership. Even on different dates, even with different people. I've tried. It doesn't change waitlists in your other UY.

The workaround for this would be to call and get them to put it in the notes.

I never have them cancel if the guests are different. It fills and leaves the other intact.

Interesting. I thought if I listed different guests they wouldn’t cancel. (I had 3 names including mine for one waitlist and only my name for the other.) Good to know! Thanks!

It May have been because you were listed on both that they canceled it. I have never had an issue, but there has never been duplicate guests on either waitlist.

As mentioned, to ensure, you can always call and add a note.

Then I guess your CMs pay more attention than mine!

Wow. I have owned since 2009 and never had waitlists csncel unless it was for the same dates with the same guests.

Canceling different dates is even worse. That should never happen.

So, on my previous three waitlists, I always found availability before the waitlists came through. On my current 3-day old waitlist, I'd been checking availability multiple times a day, including 8pm tonight, and I then got the successful waitlist email at 8:30pm.

I guess I can't criticize anymore.
Congrats, have had similar feelings but Wait-list hit last week

I just had a VGF1 lake view studio come through for the Saturday after Thanksgiving only 10ish days after I put it in. I called to get it merged with the other reservation and it should be done in 7-10 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter