Waitlist Confidence Restored

bwbuddy5

First trips WDW MK 1972, Epcot 1982
So, on my previous three waitlists, I always found availability before the waitlists came through. On my current 3-day old waitlist, I'd been checking availability multiple times a day, including 8pm tonight, and I then got the successful waitlist email at 8:30pm.

I guess I can't criticize anymore.

We too just got blessed by the Waitlist Fairy 🧚‍♂️

Had added a night to our Sept stay. Have a 2 BR SV at BLT booked (9/23-9/30) wanted to add an extra night (9/22). Nothing available so we booked a 1 BR, and waitlisted the 2 BR. I wasn't hopeful after seeing the low number of 2 BR's at BLT. I was stalking almost daily. But yesterday my FIL got the waitlist email. (took about 5 weeks or so) Was very excited and happy that now we can merge the reservations and not have to Check out/Check in.

I was surprised by a waitlist fulfilled this morning. I invited friends to join us July 3-4. We are staying at Theme Park view and this way we can see fireworks without going into the crowd. All that was available was SSR. NOW they are at BLT, and it will be just easier to be together!

I have pieced together a 4 nights reservation for a renter at BCV within 7 months. Half of the nights were booked stalking, the other half thanks to one night waitlists. Both work and are best used together.
Had almost the same approach for myself as you did for the renter .. a combo of stalking and wait listing worked for me as well.

I have pieced together a 4 nights reservation for a renter at BCV within 7 months. Half of the nights were booked stalking, the other half thanks to one night waitlists. Both work and are best used together.

Had almost the same approach for myself as you did for the renter .. a combo of stalking and wait listing worked for me as well.
This has been my strategy for my upcoming last minute trip in a couple of weeks. I’ve been able to book 2 nights at AKL followed by 2 nights at SSR, both standard studios. I’ve waitlisted both resorts hoping to get consecutive nights. I’ll keep stalking since my waitlist is almost expired.

This has been my strategy for my upcoming last minute trip in a couple of weeks. I’ve been able to book 2 nights at AKL followed by 2 nights at SSR, both standard studios. I’ve waitlisted both resorts hoping to get consecutive nights. I’ll keep stalking since my waitlist is almost expired.
Best of luck to you ... I hope it works out for you!

Just came to add that I had TWO waitlists come through today literally 30 minutes after checking/stalking.

Two garden view studios 9/26-10/1 at Boardwalk villas.

I got an email welcoming me home and when I checked, both studios were booked!

when I say I was stalking, I checked 10+ times a day.

Is it possible the waitlist system has been quietly improved? Or it’s just temperamental?

Alright, good to hear someone's waitlist came through :) We're waiting on two. But it is an extra busy year so stalking and waiting as well.

Is it possible the waitlist system has been quietly improved? Or it’s just temperamental?

I think it’s working the way it always has. The other day, a 1 bedroom PV at RIV popped up for my one night stay next month.

I tried to modify it and got the dwarves. Went back, it’s gone. But I went on chat to see if he saw it…he did not but asked if I was holding it and when I said he no, he said the system might be because of thr dwarves.

Sure enough, 15 minutes later it’s back, try again, dwarves again, chat again..same agent…, same thing, so we put in a waitlist just in case.

Well, another 15 minutes it’s released there…my waitlist did not catch it..so it’s not real time…did the chat again..same agent…didn’t attempt to modify this time first..and he snagged it for me, canceled the waitlist.

Very odd, my 2nd waitlist, for Feb, came through yesterday - with a phone call to confirm which reservation I wanted to replace. I wonder what's going on. Strange to have two waitlists matched in two days!

Very odd, my 2nd waitlist, for Feb, came through yesterday - with a phone call to confirm which reservation I wanted to replace. I wonder what's going on. Strange to have two waitlists matched in two days!
I have had two waitlists hit within 24-48 hours for July - placed at the very end of May. Even ADRs for some relatively popular places have been available post the 60 day booking window - I have started to wonder if travel is softening with inflation/recession looming. So I looked at Moderate resorts for the end of June and there are discount packages being offered. All anecdotal I know.

Hoping for a little waitlist pixie dust to come our way. Had two in place since April for August. We have rooms, just trying to make a switch. So we shall see. I've had decent luck with waitlists in the past, but it's a high-demand time right now so not holding my breath. Still, that surprise email would be welcome ;)

Hoping for a little waitlist pixie dust to come our way. Had two in place since April for August. We have rooms, just trying to make a switch. So we shall see. I've had decent luck with waitlists in the past, but it's a high-demand time right now so not holding my breath. Still, that surprise email would be welcome ;)
Agree, back at the end of May we had contemplated moving our July trip to August and zero availability (at least for where we wanted to stay) made that a quick no - so we kept what we had in place. Good luck.

Agree, back at the end of May we had contemplated moving our July trip to August and zero availability (at least for where we wanted to stay) made that a quick no - so we kept what we had in place. Good luck.
Thank you :) Yes, the daily stalking has confirmed that demand as initially there were a few nights here and there and now there are zero nights for our waitlists while stalking. So it's going to have to be someone cancelling at the last minute most likely for us to have any hope. But, at least we have rooms already (e.g. we have a 2BR BLT and waitlisting at 2BR VGF; and we have two studios DVB and waitlisting a 2BR).

Thank you :) Yes, the daily stalking has confirmed that demand as initially there were a few nights here and there and now there are zero nights for our waitlists while stalking. So it's going to have to be someone cancelling at the last minute most likely for us to have any hope. But, at least we have rooms already (e.g. we have a 2BR BLT and waitlisting at 2BR VGF; and we have two studios DVB and waitlisting a 2BR).
Its honestly a lot more work than I thought we would need to put into DVC (and my biggest warning for those that are new). For our July trip, we have both a 1BR at Copper Creek and the Treehouse at SSR booked. We are waiting to hear back from family whether they are joining us or not. Fortunately, we had some extra points, but I recently saw 3 out 4 days at Riviera and I am like - hmmmm .... but I also have a mix of direct / resale contracts - so there's also that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter