Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

3ish months before it opens, based on when VGC went on sale. I think opening is roughly fall 2023.
I don't know why, but I can never visualize exactly where the tower is being built. In the picture, I have no idea what the grassy area is. It's possible that I never walk that far on the property. In your picture, do you know what the building is in the bottom left corner with all the A/C units on top? Is the tower where I used to park for just doing a dining reservation? (The lot on the right that has parking for DLH next to the convention rooms.) The more I look at maps, the more I think it's on a part of the property that I never walked through, which is amazing to me that I never walked through any part of it.

I don't know why, but I can never visualize exactly where the tower is being built. In the picture, I have no idea what the grassy area is. It's possible that I never walk that far on the property. In your picture, do you know what the building is in the bottom left corner with all the A/C units on top? Is the tower where I used to park for just doing a dining reservation? (The lot on the right that has parking for DLH next to the convention rooms.) The more I look at maps, the more I think it's on a part of the property that I never walked through, which is amazing to me that I never walked through any part of it.
There’s nothing for guests in the buildings with the fans anymore, it’s all “back of house”. I think a couple decades ago they were guest facing. The small buildings at the top of the lawn (just below the convention center) are guest laundry and the health club, they are going away to make room.

Here’s a map I found on the internet that I found useful 573608

This is where the fountain show used to be if you remember back that far.

Last edited:
Here’s a map I found on the internet that I found useful

This is where the fountain show used to be if you remember back that far.
Thank you! I understand now and I do remember where the fountain show used to be. See you at the new tower or the sales office before then. :)

Exciting to see some official acknowledgement that construction is on.

Disneyland Hotel
View All Hotels
OverviewRoomsDiningRecreationAmenities
Flanked by palm trees, the modern façade of the Disneyland Hotel glistens against the night sky

View GalleryView an image gallery of Disneyland Hotel - Opens Dialog
During the phased reopening of The Disneyland hotel, some experiences, services and amenities may be modified, limited or unavailable. It is possible you may see and hear construction as we build a new Disney Vacation Club property. To minimize any disruptions, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9:00 AM. Additionally, health and safety guidelines will be in place and both theme park admission and park reservations will be required for park entry. The State of California strongly recommends that all Guests be fully vaccinated or obtain a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering the Disneyland Resort. Unvaccinated guests must wear face coverings when indoors.During the phased reopening of The Disneyland hotel, some experiences, services and amenities may be modified, limited or unavailable. It is possible you may see and hear construction as we build a new Disney Vacation Club property. To minimize any disruptions, activities that may create noise will not start earlier than 9:00 AM. Additionally, health and safety guidelines will be in place and both theme park admission and park reservations will be required for park entry. The State of California strongly recommends that all Guests be fully vaccinated or obtain a negative COVID-19 test prior to entering the Disneyland Resort. Unvaccinated guests must wear face coverings when indoors.

Do existing DVC owners get any type of priority for purchasing new properties? I'm new to DVC, so I don't know the history of what happened with Riviera, etc. I'm a west coaster and we don't go to Florida, so it would be great to purchase here!

Do existing DVC owners get any type of priority for purchasing new properties? I'm new to DVC, so I don't know the history of what happened with Riviera, etc. I'm a west coaster and we don't go to Florida, so it would be great to purchase here!
Yes. For Riviera, they had a little over 2 weeks head start before non-owners were allowed to purchase. And of course there are often additional incentives for current owners to add on at a slight discount though that's not guaranteed.

Yes. For Riviera, they had a little over 2 weeks head start before non-owners were allowed to purchase. And of course there are often additional incentives for current owners to add on at a slight discount though that's not guaranteed.
Thanks! Do you know if it made a difference if you are own through a resale or direct purchase?

Thanks! Do you know if it made a difference if you are own through a resale or direct purchase?
Not for adding on. Again you never know if they will start a strange new practice to incentivize blue card peeps but I doubt it. You’re literally buying direct. Now we all just hope the price isn’t crazy high. Tee hee. Have a year or two to decide just how many points we want there (and then will probably buy more. Haha).

Just got back from our trip at the DLRH. construction was steady on the new DVC tower. we are exclusively DL parks people, thus we haven’t purchased DVC, however with the new tower we are very interested. Has anyone heard when they may go on sale? I presume they will go immediately.

Just got back from our trip at the DLRH. construction was steady on the new DVC tower. we are exclusively DL parks people, thus we haven’t purchased DVC, however with the new tower we are very interested. Has anyone heard when they may go on sale? I presume they will go immediately.

I asked my guide recently and they know nothing yet. You can contact a guide so when it does go on sale, you'll be notified.

We recently did our first DL visit and before we'd left I'd told my family I wanted to add a small contract at DL towers to my DVC portfolio and make sure we go every other year or so.

I'm hoping they will let us add a smaller amount and won't have to buy in at a higher point threshold for some reason. I feel like 40-60 would be perfect for what I'm envisioning!

We recently did our first DL visit and before we'd left I'd told my family I wanted to add a small contract at DL towers to my DVC portfolio and make sure we go every other year or so.

I'm hoping they will let us add a smaller amount and won't have to buy in at a higher point threshold for some reason. I feel like 40-60 would be perfect for what I'm envisioning!

I’m very curious what demand will be. I’m anticipating it selling out in hours but many experienced Dvc’ers are not so sure! This feels like the only way we will ever be able to be part of vacation club as it just doesn’t make sense for us to buy anywhere else because at the 7 month mark there is just no availablity in CA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter