Wait, what? We Drank Four Pitchers Not Five! Feb. 2011 TR - Update 9/6 Pg. 20

Hi Danielle,
I am joining in. Looks like you are having a good time so far.
I love your Yeti companion. My son captured a yeti exactly like that one and he brought him around with us on one trip. You have to keep an eye on them since they can be mischievous little buggers.

Looking forward for more...

:welcome:

I'm glad you were able to make it over. I liked having the Yeti along, but as you will find out at the end of the report, he is going to have to sit out our next trip. He was very bad on this trip, and I found another mischievous little one that is dying to come along with us in July. :lmao:

love the pics on expedition everest... that is the one ride i stayed back on last trip... i was too scared....:rotfl: it is on my "to do" list for august... cant wait for the "super bowl" installment!:thumbsup2

Oh my god, those pictures on Everest are hilarious. And I love the fact that all the CMs were saying good luck to you guys. haha! Awesome there were so many Packer fans-it sure looked like they were out in force on Monday from some of the parade videos I've seen (as they very well should have been!!).

Anxiously awaiting the next update. popcorn:::yay:

Great update, looks like a fun morning at AK, except for the rain! :) I've never been on the safari in the rain, seems like a good idea! EE is always so much fun! And I really have to try Dinosaur again on our next trip, I've only been on it once and was not impressed, but who knows, maybe I'll like it the 2nd time around? :laughing:

love the pics on expedition everest... that is the one ride i stayed back on last trip... i was too scared....:rotfl: it is on my "to do" list for august... cant wait for the "super bowl" installment!:thumbsup2

Now, you can't completely take my word for it, but you should definitely do Everest! It's not as bad as everyone thinks. At least I don' think so. ;)

Oh my god, those pictures on Everest are hilarious. And I love the fact that all the CMs were saying good luck to you guys. haha! Awesome there were so many Packer fans-it sure looked like they were out in force on Monday from some of the parade videos I've seen (as they very well should have been!!).

Anxiously awaiting the next update. popcorn:::yay:

Oh yeah, they were all out on Monday flying their colors. But it begs the question, how many were bandwagoners? Oh well, I'll take as many Packer fans as I can get.

Great update, looks like a fun morning at AK, except for the rain! :) I've never been on the safari in the rain, seems like a good idea! EE is always so much fun! And I really have to try Dinosaur again on our next trip, I've only been on it once and was not impressed, but who knows, maybe I'll like it the 2nd time around? :laughing:

I may be in the minority, but I love Dinosaur. I just absolutely love how it tosses you around, and I think that the ride vehicles and such are really sophisticated. Plus, they have an attraction like it in Disneyland, but it's Indiana Jones. I LOVE that one! :lovestruc Dinosaur also tends to be more fun when you get into it. You know, really think about there being dinosaurs, act scared.....okay, I'm totally a loser!

Your Yeti looks like he is going to be a trouble maker....Your trip looks lilke so much fun. I would love to do an adults only trip but I don't think the 6 yr old would be too happy....:scared1:

Your Yeti looks like he is going to be a trouble maker....Your trip looks lilke so much fun. I would love to do an adults only trip but I don't think the 6 yr old would be too happy....:scared1:

:welcome:

Yeah, that little bugger was a lot of trouble! :lmao:

It is a lot of fun to do an adults only trip, but sometimes I think there's a whoe grass is greener thing going on, because I am soooo looking forward to going with my niece and nephew in July.

I'm in. I love sibling trip reports. :) My sister and I stayed at the BC last July and are planning to go back this July.

So we left off at the Animal Kingdom having rescued the Yeti. Naughty little bugger!

So, we had pretty much done everything we wanted to at the Animal Kingdom at that point. So now what?

How about some shopping!!!!????? I love me some shopping. You don't have to tell me twice. :lovestruc

So, Jason and I decided to leave Animal Kingdom and go to Downtown Disney. We were there in no time, and parked. I loved the Cube, because it was so easy to park! On the way, we spotted this and had to take a pic. Love the Mickey bobblehead.

DSCN1194.jpg

Our mission was clear....Earl of Sandwich! On the way though, Jason had to say hi to Buzz...

DSCN1195.jpg

Okay, at that point I had to pull Jason away from Buzz. I wanted to get to my sandwich. I ran over to the Earl. Along the way unfortunately, I did slip a little on my drool. I couldn't help it, that's what happens when I think about those sandwiches.....:rotfl:

I got myself....The Full Montagu

DSCN1198.jpg

Jason got....The Italian

DSCN1200.jpg

OMG, it was all so good! I love, love, love that place!

We wandered around a little while after that. We visited the Lego store and TrenD. I'm not gonna lie, I was so tempted to buy myself some Harry Potter legos, but I resisted. I love legos. I have no children, but I would totally buy them just to have for myself. :dance3:

After that, we figured we would stop at Ghiradelli. Who doesn't love it there!

I got the dark espresso one

CIMG3708.jpg

And Jason got a dark chocolate one and added peanut butter.

CIMG3709.jpg

So we're sitting there, enjoying ourselves, when this lady at the table next to us looks at us and says.

"A house divided, huh?"
:confused:

That was the face I gave her. I had no idea what she was talking about. And she just looks at me expectantly So I say......

"yeeaaaaahhhhhhh." In a very slow drawl.

Apparently, this lady doesn't know her team logos, and somehow convinced herself that just because Jason was wearing a black hat, it was a Steelers hat........with a GIANT G ON IT!

We finished our sundaes, and the lady said something about good luck with the game on the way out. She was :tongue:

So after this, we headed back to the resort to get a little freshened up and head over to the ESPN club. I mean, the game was just about to start! In 5 hours!!!!!! We had to get there fast! :rotfl:

So we get over to the restaurant and there is a small line to get in. As we were waiting in line, we started talking to the two ladies behind us. They were visiting for a conference at the Yacht Club. One was a Packer fan (yay!), the other was rooting for the Steelers, but was really a Vikings fan (boo!).

Had to take some pics before going in....

DSCN1201.jpg

DSCN1202.jpg

DSCN1203.jpg

DSCN1204.jpg

DSCN1205.jpg

DSCN1206.jpg

Cont. in next post

So, we got to the podium, and we were told that because most tables held four people, since we were a party of two, we were going to be seated with two others eventually. We figured to make it easier we would sit with the two ladies that were waiting behind us. I guess I could sit with a Vikings fan for one day......:lmao:

Once inside....

DSCN1207.jpg

DSCN1208.jpg

We were in the main room, with the big screen tv....and it was mostly Steelers fans. I'm not gonna lie, I totally felt like the minority. :scared1: I believe all of the Packer fans were in the bar area. How appropriate is that! :laughing:

We decided to eat later, and just get some soda to drink. Didn't want to get drunk too early.

The guys that work at the ESPN Club were lots of fun, and made the time we had to spend waiting so much quicker. We had to do some rooting and cheering to prove we were great fans. The Packer fans were loudest (wonder why....:drinking1). The announcer was too funny, because he said that he felt the Steelers fans were filled with hubris. And had to point out that since he figured the Steelers fans didn't know what that was, it meant they were over confident. :laughing: All in all though, it was all in good fun.

So at about 4:30pm we ordered our first pitcher of Blue Moon (soon, the meaning of my title will come). Had to take a few more pictures outside. Things were starting to get busy..

DSCN1209.jpg

DSCN1211.jpg

DSCN1212.jpg

DSCN1214.jpg

DSCN1215.jpg

It was a really good thing that we got there early, because there were so many people outside already too!

And then, boom! It was kickoff!

Obviously, we know that the game started well for the Pack! We were getting totally excited. There were two Packer tables right behind us, and we were high fiving and having a good time.

Well, we're sitting at the table, and all of a sudden, I feel warmth on my leg......okay, I'm not so drunk yet that I've peed myself?!!!

Nope. The server spilled coffee allllll over Jason and it ran on to me! :eek: Not a great way to start the game! Apparently the server wasn't ready for our tablemate to get excited and throw her hand in the air.

So what was my solution to that? Order another pitcher! Oh, and some food. I was starting to get hungry. I ordered some teriyaki dingers (chicken nuggets), and Jason ordered a burger.

Our team was doing well. There were lots of people around!

DSCN1216.jpg

DSCN1217.jpg

DSCN1218.jpg

DSCN1220.jpg

Our team was still doing well, but we were starting to get kind of nervous. Jason had faith though.

DSCN1221.jpg

We were both pretty happy

DSCN1222.jpg

By this time we were about three pitchers in. So what better to do? Order a fourth pitcher in the fourth quarter!

And take a picture for no reason!

DSCN1223.jpg

We were happy there was a Chicago fan in the room...

DSCN1224.jpg

Just hope he's not a Bears fan!

Then we won! And I have no pictures of that. Why you ask? :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1

So here we were, high fiving everyone! We were all so happy. There were lots of awesome fans there, Steelers and Packers alike. We chatted up some great Steelers fans, and I told them that I had so much respect for their team. They said the same and it was very nice.

Well.....not so much about the other Steelers table. I went over there, to honestly tell them that I had so much respect for their team, and the guy looks at me and tells me to 'eff off! Seriously! Sore loser much? I'm not that kind of fan. If the Steelers had won, to me it would have been greatly deserved.

I was so drunk at this point, that I had no response for him. I just walked away......

Here's another interesting thing about the night. In the third quarter, two huge tables of Steelers fans that had been there longer then I had left. Just left! Seriously, I'm not leaving someplace that I've been at for almost 8 hours!

So Jason went into the bar with some other wayward Packer fans....and did a celebratory shot. Silly Jason! I was left behind to clean up the bill. $126 dollars! Um, a little more then I anticipated! I was seriously going to have to rebalance what our food spend for the rest of the trip was going to be.

After I collected my shot taking brother, we started walking back to the resort. Was my logic not awesome with picking this resort?

So Jason leans over to me and says as we're walking:

"Wanna zzeee how I cun geta hotgurl toooo huga me?"

"Huh?"

"Watch dis...."

So he marches up to this hot girl, WITH HER BOYFRIEND. Oh man, I'm having bad images, thinking "crap, I can't drive right now.....he's going to need a hospital......geez, oh geez......"

And he just says to the girl "my team jus' won da sup'bowl, gimme a huga!" And she totally hugged him! No joke.

Then there was no stopping him. Indian businessmen, Japanese businessmen, people in our lobby, they all got hugged.

It was now time for bed though. We clambered into the room and Jason just fell on the bed and turned on the TV.....and I.................got sick. :sad2: Very, very unlike me. After that, I climbed into bed. And passed out. Then, in the hazy distance, I hear....

"Spencer!"

"Spencer!"

"You never listen to me Spencer!"

"Shut up Heidi!"

"Oh my God, Spencer!"

Why the heck was Jason watching The Hills? Do they even show The Hills on TV anymore?

So I fell out of bed.....and realized that it was 3am, and Jason was not watching The Hills.....he had simply fallen asleep on the remote......

And that was my night!

End scene

HAHA your Super Bowl day was hilarious! How cool to have been able to watch it at ESPN with so many other fans. Very cool. I watched the game for the commercials only in the comfort of my living room. I couldn't cheer for the Packers as I am a Vikings fan, and a bitter one at that :lmao:

HAHA your Super Bowl day was hilarious! How cool to have been able to watch it at ESPN with so many other fans. Very cool. I watched the game for the commercials only in the comfort of my living room. I couldn't cheer for the Packers as I am a Vikings fan, and a bitter one at that :lmao:

Uh oh, a Vikings fan.....LOL.

I love the commercials! I just don't remember all of them......My favorite one hands down was the little Darth Vader though. Priceless!

Hilarious update. I am not a fan of either team but I could not find myself rooting for the Steelers so I was pulling for the Packers. They were the better team. The scary thing is that it seems like they will be just as good if not better next year.

Sounds like you had a great time! Love the picture of the Volkswagen with the Mickey in it. You sure choose my kind of snacks...those sundae pics had me drooling again!

Am afraid I don't know much about the game but :eek: at those fans telling you to eff off...that wasn't very sportsman like. So that's how to get a hug from a complete stranger...will have to try it sometime!!

Hilarious update. I am not a fan of either team but I could not find myself rooting for the Steelers so I was pulling for the Packers. They were the better team. The scary thing is that it seems like they will be just as good if not better next year.

I know what it's like to have teams in the Superbowl that aren't yours. Sometimes it's hard to make a choice who to root for....and other times its' not so hard.

I'm trying not to be too overly confident about next year. You just never know. I'm happy with winning the Superbowl this year!

Sounds like you had a great time! Love the picture of the Volkswagen with the Mickey in it. You sure choose my kind of snacks...those sundae pics had me drooling again!

Am afraid I don't know much about the game but :eek: at those fans telling you to eff off...that wasn't very sportsman like. So that's how to get a hug from a complete stranger...will have to try it sometime!!

I know, right? That's my whole thing. Just take it like a man!

Yeah, we're talking different football, huh? ;)

Oh, definitely put Ghirardelli on your list, or, one of my favorites, Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club. You can't make reservations, so it's best to dine at odd times, but the No Way Jose sundae? Crazy good!

I know, right? That's my whole thing. Just take it like a man!

Yeah, we're talking different football, huh? ;)

Oh, definitely put Ghirardelli on your list, or, one of my favorites, Beaches and Cream at the Beach Club. You can't make reservations, so it's best to dine at odd times, but the No Way Jose sundae? Crazy good!

Exactly! If you can't take it you shouldn't be watching the sport.

Sure are...ask me anything about English Football and I could probably go on for ages but when it comes to Superbowl do not have a clue! :confused3

And the list grows and grows! :laughing: Will definitely be adding Ghiradelli but may have to leave B&C this time...choices, choices!

hahaha sounds like you had a memorable Super Bowl in more ways than one! :lmao: That's cool for the most part everyone was gracious except the one guy. Guess there's always going to be someone like that.

I like the girl in the background of the picture of your brother...looks like she had had enough. LOL!

YAY Packers! I'm still so jealous you were there.

Hi, I'm all caught up and loving your trip report!

That was a lot of pitchers! and a sneaky shot too! but sounds like you had a great day/evening made much sweeter by victory I'm sure! That was very kind of you to go and speak with the other team, and boo to your man for being a poor sport! we have watched gaelic games in the irish bar on i drive and loved the atmosphere, I am hoping to get DBF a NFL vest/shirt for our next trip, he would prob like something with an irish connection, any ideas? :idea:

The pictures from Expedition Everest are hilarious, combined wiith your storytelling and the facial expressions being pulled:lmao: I was having a good laugh reading thru it!

and thanks for the great earl of sandwich pic's! looking forward to reading more!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter