Wait times today >> this weekend

I'm now seriously worried about my September trip- did I pick the wrong time to go? Seems like the best bet these days is to go when most APs are blocked. :/

Remember, though, that the whole reason that Disney blocks those passes is because they expect non-AP crowds. They don't block the passes to lower the crowds. And they allow the lower passes in when they want to boost crowds. So either way, Disney wins.

It seems like holidays have been slower than normal days by the posts/trip reports from the last year. Thanksgiving, days leading up to Christmas, Easter and now Memorial day weekend have all had posts about how empty the parks are. I guess I need to change my strategy.

I'm expecting big crowds tomorrow. My son and husband's deluxe pass work tomorrow, plus no school or work....thinking of maybe upgrading when I need to repurchase in August...part of me hopes the morning isn't packed since we'll probably be there opening to maybe 6/7

Here now (using DL Wi-Fi for the first time ever). Crowds are definitely light so far. It's been a great day!

Highlights so far:

I was the first on PP. The second was considerably well behind me.

Did Toad twice in a row and then hit it a third time after I discovered that Alice was temporarily closed.

On my first ride on Buzz I scored 1,955,000. But Dave crushed all competition and now owns most of the board. My score isn't even in the top ten (any longer).

Having lunch now -- the vegan tuna sandwich that I brought :-).

IMG_1275.JPG
IMG_1281.JPG

P.S. I beat Dave's #1 score a few rides ago but, as many of you know, once you exceed about 2,090,000, your score resets. Always a drag when that happens.

Just finished Buzz. A 15-minute wait was indicated but it took less than 10 :-). This is usually peak time.

Ride stopped several times and I was pretty sure I'd exceeded 2,090,000 (at which point your score resets). So I started shooting from the left side. Turns out I went over by more than a million points. So technically my score was 3M+. Only the second time I've ever done that :-).

image.jpg

We rode 15 rides before 12:30, pretty leisurely with breaks for food and restroom. Then we stopped to shop and process our APs. I was planning to avoid DCA today, but the waits look low, so we might head over there when our two little ones are done napping. DH and older daughter are on splash now.

Sunday has been a dream day out DLand. Minimal waits in everything and fast passes valid within 30 minutes of pulling them. Very unexpected. We didn't plan on venturing into CA. Not into waiting 5-6 hours but waits seem pretty low now!

Fantasia ice cream is still in stock and at 2:00 they in the afternoon there was no wait at Gibson Girl! In fact, there wasn't a line for lunch, bathrooms, or snacks. It is freaky but I will happily take it and not complain!

Weather is also perfect!

The wifi is very spotty still!

I too am surprised at the reasonable/low waits. I think it is largely due to that 3-day SoCal pass. So many people took advantage of it and that became their annual trip to DLR. Now it is no longer valid so you have more of the APs and non-locals. It's crazy that the previous 2 weekends have been mad-houses and then Memorial Day weekend and nothing!

I too am surprised at the reasonable/low waits. I think it is largely due to that 3-day SoCal pass. So many people took advantage of it and that became their annual trip to DLR. Now it is no longer valid so you have more of the APs and non-locals. It's crazy that the previous 2 weekends have been mad-houses and then Memorial Day weekend and nothing!

I know! I just checked touring plans and it had last weekend at 9s and 10s and this weekend at 4s and 5s! So jealous!!

Looks like wait times are up a little bit more today. Back to normal!

Yesterday was one of the best days we've had at Disneyland as far as weather and crowds. It was really nice. I'm glad we got to activate our passes on a blockout day. I expect today will be crazy without the blocks

Yesterday was one of the best days we've had at Disneyland as far as weather and crowds. It was really nice.
Agreed. The Matterhorn was my sixth ride of the day and even that was virtually a walk-on. Alas, days like that don't come along as often as I'd like.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter