Wagons not allowed in WDW?

KrysiaG

Mouseketeer
Uh oh, someone (thankfully) just PM'd me and let me know that wagons are not in WDW. Is this true? (Just wanted to verify).

My mom bought one of those collapsible wagons, like this one:
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/mac-sports-collapsible-wagon-reviews

We had planned to pull 2 kids in it, or stuff, or whatever we needed to while at the park (I have 4 kids under 7.)

So what is allowed? Strollers only? Tandem/twin and side-by-side joggers?

I found this thread:
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070917162731AAtx0PK

I can not speak for Disney World, but at Disneyland they are not allowed. I did ask about this and not sure if it is a valid answer or not, but the main reason they gave is because a stroller can be folded down and a wagon can not.

However, you can call (407) WDW-MAGIC and ask to get a definite answer.

This wagon CAN be collapsed for travel. Maybe I should just call that # above.

Generally, things dragged behind you are not permitted. Specific examples cited are wagons, wheeled suitcases, wheeled coolers, and grocery bag carts.

Scooters (not Segways), wheelchairs, and strollers are allowed, ahtough there is a maximum size that I don't recall).

Almost 100% sure wagons are NOT allowed in WDW.

No, you cannot have a wagon at Walt Disney World.

You cannot have items that are pulled behind you ... wagons, rolling coolers or rolling backpacks.

The reason is because they are dangerous ... out of the line of sight of people as they are walking through the parks.

People will trip over them ... there are just too many people there for them not to be a danger.

Someone dragging a cooler behind them -- that SHOULD NOT have been -- caused my mom to have to twist and turn to maintain her balance, all while holding my DD who was just a toddler at the time. I am so thankful she was able to keep them both safe, but it really wasn't a situation she should have had to deal with in the first place.

You can use double strollers, jogging strollers, sit & stand strollers. And yes, if you are using Disney transportation such as the busses and some boats, you will have to be able to fold the stroller...it cannot be taken on those in "full" size.

You may need to take multiple strollers and each have one to push. Or, do a rotation of kids in the stroller.

Are there any personal items I should not bring with me into the theme parks?

Items that you may not bring into the theme parks include but are not limited to:

* Items with wheels, such as:
o Wagons

o Skateboards
o Scooters
o Inline skates
o Shoes with built-in wheels
o Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (92 x 132 cm)
o Suitcases, coolers or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" (61 cm) long x 15" (38 cm) wide x 18" (46 cm) high. (Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations.)
o Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV wheelchair or stroller
* Alcoholic beverages
* Weapons of any kind
* Folding chairs
* Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
* Pets (unless they are service animals)

In Disney's Animal Kingdom theme Park (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons, straws and drink lids are not permitted.

From http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/theme-parks/#subCategory8

Thanks everyone. I called them to specifically ask about the "collapsible" wagon part, and they confirmed that even the newer collapsible wagons are not allowed. I didn't even think of the line of site with things being "pulled from behind."

Thanks!

Thanks everyone. I called them to specifically ask about the "collapsible" wagon part, and they confirmed that even the newer collapsible wagons are not allowed. I didn't even think of the line of site with things being "pulled from behind."

Thanks!

Its the pulling behind part thats the issue not whether or not you can collapse it or not.

They may not be "allowed" but I saw several of that exact type of wagon in WDW last month. I have also seen people rolling coolers (which is also not allowed) during pretty much every time I've ever been on.

I could only think of the Dis when I saw the first wagon, because the little boy riding in it (laying down with his legs flung out over the end)looked to be about 10 years old. ;)

Oh no. Don't let wagons be the new heelies. (Ie, prohibited item that people use anyway and CMs just turn a blind eye to).

Oh no. Don't let wagons be the new heelies. (Ie, prohibited item that people use anyway and CMs just turn a blind eye to).

It seems to me it would be a lot easier to notice wagons coming in the front gates than heelies......

Generally, things dragged behind you are not permitted. Specific examples cited are wagons, wheeled suitcases, wheeled coolers, and grocery bag carts.

Scooters (not Segways), wheelchairs, and strollers are allowed, ahtough there is a maximum size that I don't recall).

The maximum scooter size is for the buses only. I am unaware of a maximum stroller size.

They may not be "allowed" but I saw several of that exact type of wagon in WDW last month. I have also seen people rolling coolers (which is also not allowed) during pretty much every time I've ever been on.

I could only think of the Dis when I saw the first wagon, because the little boy riding in it (laying down with his legs flung out over the end)looked to be about 10 years old. ;)

I saw a TON of wagons and rolling coolers during our trip. YDS was run over 2x by people pulling rolling coolers behind them. Once pretty seriously and the person did little but call out sorry over their shoulder. I was very unhappy with disney security for not tell people that stuff isn't allowed. It's very simple to say NO. I also saw quite a few of those sneakers with the wheels in them which was odd since you don't see them around too much anymore and they've been banned in most public places.

I have seen so many of the "banned" items during my trips to WDW.
there is a man and women who frequently are at epcot. he drives the scooter and she has a skateboard type thing attatched to the back that she stands on behind him. the device looks handmade, it is wood with some wheels attatched to the bottom.
Always see wheelies. I know someone who brings alcohol into the parks every time she visits (approx 3 times a year)
I see those big seats for kids made for dragging on the back of a bicycle used as strollers. those things are huge and are about as wide at the paths in AK.
I have seen rolling coolers but mainly notice them at DS, haven't seen them in the other parks.
I sometimes bring in a folding small seat, about 8" triangle thing with 3 legs. I don't use a scooter, sometimes a cane, but I need to sit during Illuminations. I use my seat over in the handicapped area set aside for Illuminations. The seat has the "2000" logo on it and I found it at the outlets for about $5. Best thing I ever bought, it is as small as a folding umbrella. wish I had bought more of them.

I can not imagine dragging a wagon through WDW. I drag mine through the neighborhood with only one of my kids in it at a time and it KILLS my neck and shoulders.

I can not imagine dragging a wagon through WDW. I drag mine through the neighborhood with only one of my kids in it at a time and it KILLS my neck and shoulders.

Same here. We take our Radio Flyer wagon to the beach every year and use it to haul our gear from the house to the sand and it wears me out, and that's just a couple blocks. No way I'd drag that thing all over WDW.

I see those big seats for kids made for dragging on the back of a bicycle used as strollers. those things are huge and are about as wide at the paths in AK.

I've been seeing more people using those as strollers, even around town. But I have only seen them *pushed*, not pulled, so other than how odd they look, I don't have a problem with them. They just look awkward for the parent!

What dimension is this WDW located in. It cannot be the one that I visit. I have never seen a drag behind wagon or cooler ever at any of the parks. I have seen an occasional suitcase and even that bewildered me until I realized that they were being pulled by CM's (job related, I think).

If Security is allowing them through...I think the Lawyers would like to have a word with them real quick.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!