Wagon and Fire

tarasewicz3

Earning My Ears
First timer arriving in November and was wunderin, can I use my wagon to haul my four kids around the parks and can I have a fire at my campsite? Also, I read on another post that you can rent six seater carts, is this through Disney or an outside company? Thanks in advance.:bounce:

If you mean a pull behind you wagon like a Radio wagon it shouldn't be a problem in the parks. The only fires that are permitted at your campsite have to be in the charcoal grill provided by the campgrounds. NO ground fires are allowed. There is a nightly campfire and movie in the Meadows recreation area where you can roast marshmallows and hot dogs. I haven't rented a golf cart for Ft Wilderness in quite a while so any info I have on it wouldn't be helpful, others here have the information without a doubt.

We rented a 6 seater cart from Golf Cart Enterprises , we loved have the bigger cart thw whole family could ride and not be sitting on laps, this link is to our site and has the phone number etc.

As far as campfires - not allowed in Fort Wilderness except the Chip & Dale campfire / movie program.

We always bring our wagon to pull the kids and pool stuff back and forth to the pool. But, we were told NO wagons are allowed in the parks at all. You can rent single or double strollers. I'm not sure if they'd stop you at the turnstiles, but I wouldn't take the chance on having to return to FW to bring my wagon back to the campsite.

Have a great time!!!

Hi tara,

Welovemickey is correct. You can use your wagon at the campground, but not at the parks. You also can't make a fire at your campsite as that would be a fire hazzard, but you can roast marshmellows on the open grill they provide along with over foods like burgers etc. If you really want to enjoy a large flame, check out the campfire program as they always have two fires going that you can sit around and roast mershmellows too! Plus, you get to see a great Disney flick while yur roasting them!

Have fun....I'll be there on Nov. 21st!Mmketeer

As for the campfires, I have camped at FW many times as I live Orlando. I have a Coleman Outdoor Fireplace which has sides and a lid on it and have not had a problem using this at our campsite. Security have come by a few times, but as long at the lid is on, no embers can escape and create a hazard.

The rule about having fires only in charcoal grills is a little puzzling as last time we were there, the folks next to us had wood piled on the charcoal grill and were constantly squirting lighter fluid on it to keep the flames going. Much less safe than the fireplace we are using.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter