VWL week after Thanksgiving

Paula H

Mouseketeer
We're thinking about going come the week after Thanksgiving NEXT YEAR. I've heard the Xmas decorations are spectacular. Does anyone know when they go up? Also, how is the weather? I've also read that the crods are very light - is that true?

Hey, Paula!

The Christmas decorations WILL be up, and I've gotta say that the Wilderness Lodge decorations are just spectacular.

The weather can be anything - probably not rainy, but warm days and nippy nights are possible. But who knows? :rolleyes:

AND - and this is huge - you'll have the run of the parks (actually, I guess that's a relative term) The first two weeks in December have historically low numbers.

Yeah, I'm jealous.

WL is so beautifully decorated, and the fireplace is so cozy. Book at the 11 month window, or as soon as possible afterwards. DVCers know what a special time of the year this is and reservations go quickly. Hope you decide to go!

I assume you own at WLV so book at the 11 mos window to get ressies this time of yr. WLV are VERY popular near the holidays and get booked pretty fast at the 11 mos. If you dont own at WLV, go ahead and book at your home resort and get on the waitlist ASAP for WLV.

We have been to WDW 3times within the first 2 weeks of Dec. 1st trip was warm, no rain, maybe 1 cool evening. 2nd trip was warm, no rain with 1 cool day. Last Dec., awhole different ballgame, cold and rainy. But its WDW, not much can ruin atrip there.

You will love WDW and WLV that time of yr. Its our favorite time at WDW so far. Crowds are down, decorations are up. See Candlelight Processional at Epcot, Osbourne Spectacle of lights at MGM, and go to Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party at MK. All of these things will get YULE in the mood for the holidays if nothing else will.

Thanks everyone. Yup, I think we're going to do it! We have a DD (4) and a DS (1) - we had an awesome trip to VWL last mo., but it was HOT - not that we really minded after the winter we had here in New England. But DD ran us ragged!! So, cooler weather would be o.k. since the kids will be so into the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter