VWL Groupies...yes, we love the Lodge!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Granny ! So sorry I missed your big day ! The switching of the thread got me....I knew it was changing but then totally forgot. Kept checking my CP thread updates and wasn't seeing any. Should have been my first clue. Boo on me for for forgetting !!!!!

Great new start to the thread JT !

Big Happy Birthday Wishes to Granny---sorry I'm late ! Hope you had a wonderful day !!!!!
HappyBirthdayMoose.jpg

debbieandroo
Welcome back! And congrats on the recent purchase! Got you on the vacations list.

Maria
Glad you found us:thumbsup2

:welcome: Time4disney! Always a pleasure to welcome a new Groupie to our thread! Sit back, read, and enjoy!

debbieandroo, nice to have you back amongst us! Hope all that training pays off and you do well on the race. Wonderful that your patience has paid off and your re-sale contract is ready to close.

sleepy Engaged! Congratulations! I'm with debbieandroo, would love to see some pictures!

Inkmahm, Jimmy, debbieandroo, Maria and Captain D...thanks for the birthday wishes! :)

Cap'n D...I tried to welcome you to the thread and the DISBoards when you first posted, but the boards were acting up and wouldn't let me post. So belatedly, let me lead a round of applause that you made it here!

clappinggh9.gif

Now, settling into my rocker at VWL and watching a storm come in. Think I may just nod off. :)

Inkmahm, Jimmy, debbieandroo, Maria and Captain D...thanks for the birthday wishes! :)

Cap'n D...I tried to welcome you to the thread and the DISBoards when you first posted, but the boards were acting up and wouldn't let me post. So belatedly, let me lead a round of applause that you made it here!

clappinggh9.gif

Now, settling into my rocker at VWL and watching a storm come in. Think I may just nod off. :)

We had some good storms today also. For the most of them I was inside the church!!!

There is no nodding off for me. I am trying to get all these last minute clients taxes finished before Tuesday. Then I can finish planning my vacation.

Sounds like a fun time! Congrats on your engagement!!

DiznyDi said:
sleepy Engaged! Congratulations! I'm with debbieandroo, would love to see some pictures!

jimmytammy said:
Congrats on your engagement!!

debbieandroo said:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Have you set a date for the wedding???? Do you have pictures of the big moment??? What a cool place to get engaged - go, you!

And I've always enjoyed 4 park days even though I'm pretty tired afterwards. Sounds like you had a great time on all counts.
Thank you all for the congratulations. I tried to sneak in the engagement news on the brief update I made the other day, but this group is too sharp to get anything by. :) The short version is that we got engaged in Feb here at home, but when the opportunity to visit WDW came up, we used that time as sort of a second engagement. The four-park day was tiring but a real hoot just the same, so the dinner at CG was a superb way to end the day. As for other particulars, there is one pic of the actual engagement (the actual one not the Disney "second"), but plenty of other things that surround the event and upcoming nuptials. I will get around to posting some of them on here (along with pics of my darling granddaughter--yes, my first), but if you want a longer version of the engagement story and immediate gratification of lots of pictures involving luvvwl and me, then follow this link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2895951

As for the wedding date, it isn't until July, 2013, due to trying to get some family there and matching up with a planned WDW/DCL vacation we had already planned. Best of all, it will be at the Lodge! Luvvwl is busy working out the details (yep, a lot can be done this far in advance, it seems ;)), but in short it will be on the fourth floor outside balcony overlook area. Again, thanks for all the congratulations, and we'll keep you posted on how things are going. :thumbsup2

OMG!!! some one started the party without me!!

JT. Thanks for getting us going once again.
Inkmahn, thanks for keeping the birthday list.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GRANNY!!

Who got engaged? I can't find the post!! pixiedust:

my mind is diffently going.....

the old guy finished up his first round of chemo (he will have 2 total). It was a week long treatment but doctors were very happy with how well he did. very little naseau and since he's bald to start with we got to tease him about not worrying about hair loss.

I think the hardest thing is the entire treatment is 6 weeks long, :( Since the chemo kills your white blood cells he's at risk of infection which means they are keeping him hospitalized until his blood count comes up usually 3-4 weeks. :scared1:. this is the first time in a very long time the old guy and I have been apart for weeks on end and although I visit every day, I totally admit that I'm an "old dog", I don't like new tricks....;)

Good thing is that the oncology floor he is on is wonderful. by some quirk of fate, the other 10 patients are also relatively young. all between 45-62 and all with wonderful attitudes. We had a "pimp my IV stand" contest yesterday with everyone decorating their IV carts. Next week they are having a interior design contest and I'm decorating his room in WL chic. I'll take pictures.

the old guy finished up his first round of chemo (he will have 2 total). It was a week long treatment but doctors were very happy with how well he did. very little naseau and since he's bald to start with we got to tease him about not worrying about hair loss.

I think the hardest thing is the entire treatment is 6 weeks long, :( Since the chemo kills your white blood cells he's at risk of infection which means they are keeping him hospitalized until his blood count comes up usually 3-4 weeks. :scared1:. this is the first time in a very long time the old guy and I have been apart for weeks on end and although I visit every day, I totally admit that I'm an "old dog", I don't like new tricks....;)

Good thing is that the oncology floor he is on is wonderful. by some quirk of fate, the other 10 patients are also relatively young. all between 45-62 and all with wonderful attitudes. We had a "pimp my IV stand" contest yesterday with everyone decorating their IV carts. Next week they are having a interior design contest and I'm decorating his room in WL chic. I'll take pictures.

Love the pimp your IV stand !!!! eliza....continued prayers and a big hug from me ! Keep the faith ! Your husband will beat this thing ! :hug:

your in my thoughts and prayers.. don't think I could be to far from my old dog either..:)

Eliza it is good to hear from you--have been hoping for an update. Although I do not "know" you, I do believe you are a very strong person, and it sounds like you have a great attitude. Continued prayers for your dh, you, and your entire family.

C

Love this thread! We fell in love with VWL our first stay in 2009. Finally bought 150 pts. this past November. Our last stay was this past March. What we love about the resort is it has everything! Private views, calming music, quaint , warm, cozy decor. On site restaurants, the BEST gift shop and lobby. I love the beach! We take the boat to anywhere every stay. Love love the quiet pool! We have decided after our next trip ( we will try OKW for the first time) we most likely will only be staying at VWL. :love:

Welcome back Hope! It is good to see you hang with us. Say, did you ever get my email just before I cruised?

I'm joining in! After all VWL is my second home. :lovestruc My husband and I go to WDW twice a year in June and Nov. Sometimes we make a third trip in a year. We have always stayed at VWL since we joined DVC in 2005. We have stayed at BWV once last year in Feb., but VWL will always be in my heart. :love: We have made wonderful memories at WL ranging from being flag family on a few occassions with Ranger Stan to being able to watch the wonderful Christmas tree in the main lobby being put up for the holidays. Our greatest memory was on our trip last June when we were booked on points but were surprisingly upgraded to the Presidential Suite for 4 nights!

I don't come hear very often, but I do spend a lot of time on the DCL section of Disboards. Yes, we are hooked on DCL too! I will try to come on over and chat with you all! This seems to be a great place to come to. :hug:

I will be hanging on the DCL board pretty soon. FIL is taking the entire brood on a cruise in 2013!
Visit us often, we love fellow VWL lovers!:love:

Thank you all for the congratulations. I tried to sneak in the engagement news on the brief update I made the other day, but this group is too sharp to get anything by. :) The short version is that we got engaged in Feb here at home, but when the opportunity to visit WDW came up, we used that time as sort of a second engagement. The four-park day was tiring but a real hoot just the same, so the dinner at CG was a superb way to end the day. As for other particulars, there is one pic of the actual engagement (the actual one not the Disney "second"), but plenty of other things that surround the event and upcoming nuptials. I will get around to posting some of them on here (along with pics of my darling granddaughter--yes, my first), but if you want a longer version of the engagement story and immediate gratification of lots of pictures involving luvvwl and me, then follow this link: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2895951

As for the wedding date, it isn't until July, 2013, due to trying to get some family there and matching up with a planned WDW/DCL vacation we had already planned. Best of all, it will be at the Lodge! Luvvwl is busy working out the details (yep, a lot can be done this far in advance, it seems ;)), but in short it will be on the fourth floor outside balcony overlook area. Again, thanks for all the congratulations, and we'll keep you posted on how things are going. :thumbsup2

Sleepy, I can't wait to hear all about the wedding! I just wish we were there, that would be a fun one to crash! :lmao:

That is wonderful news Eliza. And I love that in the midst of what is going on, fun can be had. Keep us posted.:hug:

Thanks Eliza for the update. We'll continue to keep your DH and family in prayer. Good news that the chemo didn't make him sick! Stay strong. :grouphug:

Im glad you found us. Believe me, if you didnt we would have been on a search for you! Thanks for sharing with us on your DHs progress. Sounds positive. I too like how you can turn a shine on a tough subject.

OMG!!! some one started the party without me!!

JT. Thanks for getting us going once again.
Inkmahn, thanks for keeping the birthday list.

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY GRANNY!!

Who got engaged? I can't find the post!! pixiedust:

my mind is diffently going.....
That'd be me and luvvwl, and it's a small mention in one of my posts on page three. . .luv and I wish you and the "old guy" positive thoughts. I love your attitude, too.

Muushka said:
Sleepy, I can't wait to hear all about the wedding! I just wish we were there, that would be a fun one to crash! :lmao:
That would be a hoot!

MiaSRN62 said:
sleepydog ! CONGRATS !!!! Awesome news !
Thank you! :)

Corinne said:
OK, I took the bait! Congrats, and I look forward to more updates!!!:goodvibes
Thank you, too! Obviously, the major updates will be on the thread in my link above, but I'll try to keep things updated here, as well, for those who don't visit the wedding plans threads (I have to, you know. . .;)).

And welcome to our newbies! This is a most wonderful group--caring, thoughtful, funny, and considerate. Oh, and we all love the Lodge! :worship:

Just back from our 1st stay at VWL and can I just say... I totally get it now! :thumbsup2 We purchased a VWL resale contract last year and I am so happy to call it one of my homes :)

We had a 1BR Villa Room 3355 and it was the perfect view. Could see a bit of the pool, the electric boat parade through the trees and my DD11 and I would sit out on the balcony every night and watch Wishes over the top of the Lodge. And it was so quiet - wow - I have never stayed at a quieter location in all of Disney (just like Ranger Stan told me, long before DVC was a possibility for us). Perfect. Sigh, I miss it so much right now and it's only been 12 hours since we checked out...

Just back from our 1st stay at VWL and can I just say... I totally get it now! :thumbsup2 We purchased a VWL resale contract last year and I am so happy to call it one of my homes :)

We had a 1BR Villa Room 3355 and it was the perfect view. Could see a bit of the pool, the electric boat parade through the trees and my DD11 and I would sit out on the balcony every night and see wishes over the top of the Lodge. And it was so quiet - wow - I have never stayed at a quieter location in all of Disney (just like Ranger Stan told me, long before DVC was a possibility for us). Perfect. Sigh, I miss it so much right now and it's only been 12 hours since we checked out...

DizGirl, you got it baaaaaad! 12 hours out and already homesick :goodvibes

We have the cure.

1. Find a comfy rocking chair out on the porch
2. Visit us often
3. Plan trips to VWL with all of us
4. Post lots of pictures of the Lodge
5. Grab yourself a Moosie Siggy. Instructions are on page 1, second post I think. He would look very handsome on you!

Good luck!

PS I loved reading what you wrote, girl after my own heart.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter