VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

To all those who served and their families - Thank You! 🇺🇸
Same here, and to add to TCraig's sentiments, for those who paid the ultimate sacrifice, and their families, no words can fill that void. But those sacrifices, and those who served and came home, and those who still serve today, you gave and still give us all the freedoms we enjoy today and make it possible for us to lay our heads down in peace at night. We owe you all a great debt that can never be paid. So I humbly say Thank You.

As @KAT4DISNEY said, the only difference up on the 5th floor is that they kept the sofa beds in the living room, rather than installing the Murphy beds. Still 2 queens in the second bedroom. The sofa beds ARE new, just not Murphy beds.
View attachment 762598
View attachment 762599
Thanks for sharing the pics!
I love that they got rid of the higher kitchen counter and made it more open. I think they still give you a couple of stools?

Posted this over on the WL resort thread, but I figured I'd post over here too. We stayed at Boulder Ridge last month (first time and LOVED IT) and the Roaring Fork dining room was open 24 hours for those with refillable mugs. A welcome sight after a late night at EPCOT. Always happy to see late night options for resort mug refills!

Attachments

• 20230509_004223.jpg
    20230509_004223.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 20
So, groupies, I joined the mass of people who made ressies yesterday, but since I wasn’t interested in a package or dining plan, I had no issues. I chose to call rather than to go online and I called around 11 am. Only a 13 minute wait. :)
Anyhow, I reserved 2 water views in the lodge with a request for connecting rooms. Hopefully, many months from now, I will be able to get a cash res for a 2BR in VWL!
IMG_0147.jpeg

So, groupies, I joined the mass of people who made ressies yesterday, but since I wasn’t interested in a package or dining plan, I had no issues. I chose to call rather than to go online and I called around 11 am. Only a 13 minute wait. :)
Anyhow, I reserved 2 water views in the lodge with a request for connecting rooms. Hopefully, many months from now, I will be able to get a cash res for a 2BR in VWL!
View attachment 764678
Nice. We have a 2BR dedicated reserved for 12/3-12/10 at BRV, and as always can't wait to see the Lodge at Christmas. You will love it!

Nice. We have a 2BR dedicated reserved for 12/3-12/10 at BRV, and as always can't wait to see the Lodge at Christmas. You will love it!
We have been a few times during the holiday season, and even when we stay somewhere else, we always visit the lodge. Just can’t stay away. My last stay there was in January 2020; first time with just my husband and I, celebrating my being cancer-free. We got to see the tree and decorations for 2 nights, then stayed up and watched them take the tree down. Quite an amazing experience! We’ve been fans since our first stay there in 2000. We’ve enjoyed other resorts, but we love WL!!

2 days and we will be heading to the villas! I’m so excited. I keep watching you tube video walk throughs even though I’ve been to the lodge several times. I can’t wait to be there. Thinking I might sneak away from the kids one morning to do the tour. Anyone done it before? I’m hoping I can convince my dad to join me.

Also super excited about roaring fork being open 24 hours for drink refills. We were planning refillable mugs this trip and I always seem to want a drink when we get back to the resort after it’s already closed.

Hey All

Its been a topsy turvy week around these parts. My 91 yr old Dad got stung by 40-50 Yellowjackets Monday at his house. He and my uncle and SIL were tearing out a deck to prep to build a screen in porch, and Dad went to reach in a toolbox of one of our dump trucks and they swarmed him. He is pretty thin but they got him on one kneecap at least 15 times to the point you cant see the kneecap. I counted 15 stings on his right forearm, plus many on various parts of his legs and waistline. He went into anaphylactic shock after being fine for about 30 mins. We got him by ambo to the ER, his breathing was so shallow we didnt think he was going to make it. Paramedics tended to him quickly and got him stabilized. After being in the ER for 8 hours he came home, feeling like a million bucks. We told him be careful, that's the adrenaline from the epiphendrine(SP) kicking in. We may as well have painted a big S on his chest for Superman.

So the next day much to all our heeded warnings, he went back to work, it was cool outside and he was tearing it up for 3 hrs until the recurring aftershock happened around lunch. Apparently that's common. So after resting he admitted he needed to return to ER, breathing was again shallow, but manageable. So around 5 we called EMT again, they got him to ER, and ended up keeping him all night and until 2 pm the next day. Comes home, realizing, I need to slow down.

An attending nurse wrapped his forearm where all his IV etc was located. He wrapped it super tight, and even though my daughter heard the nurse say take it off after 30 mins, he left it on all night. Kristian told him to be sure to remove it, but he left it on all night, swole his arm and hand and now another trip to the ER. This time he drove himself(Much to our delight as he and Mom weren't going to let us know what was going on), I just happened to catch him as they were headed out the door. Hopefully today is smoother and he takes it easy.

Life is fragile, hug your loved ones, tell them you love them, make peace with those you are estranged from, and make peace with yourselves. Im lucky to still have my folks, and my relationship is and always will be strong. But I can do better by all, including myself.

And all this I share as I drink my coffee from my WL mug and listen to Spotify WL music.

So I close it out to say to you folks, you are family, and I dont say it often enough, thank you for including me in our little band here, thank you for caring about me and all the folks here. I love you folks!

Jimmy

He sounds like my 95 year-old dad. Always been a do it yourself guy and doesn’t always share what he is going through. (Also doesn’t always follow medical advice!)
Your dad is lucky to have you and I hope he recovers quickly and is a bit more careful!

Good morning from Boulder Ridge! We checked in last night around 2am. I’m a zombie today. While we were at the airport waiting for our flight I got our room ready text. I googled the room number to see if I could find a photo of the view but it was better than I imagined. We got the funky shaped 2 bedroom room off the atrium!!! It’s incredible. I’ll be taking all the photos and videos because these rooms are like unicorns. If you have questions about the room just ask, I’ll be here all week. ☺️The family is still asleep so all I have photos of is the view for now. Happy Saturday groupies! DE79CF2C-C19E-40E9-AECF-6A80B1B31893.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter