VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

I am really out of the loop! I have always requested a dedicated 2BR because of the 2Qs in the 2nd BR. Today I went on TP room finder just for fun and all the 2 BRs said 1K, 1Q, 2 pull out sofas! Is there any advantage in dedicated or lock off now? TIA!

I am really out of the loop! I have always requested a dedicated 2BR because of the 2Qs in the 2nd BR. Today I went on TP room finder just for fun and all the 2 BRs said 1K, 1Q, 2 pull out sofas! Is there any advantage in dedicated or lock off now? TIA!
What you are describing is a lock-off.

We were in a dedicated 2BR 6 weeks ago (refurbed room). It had 1K in the master, 2Q in bedroom 2, and a Murphy bed in the LR.

What you are describing is a lock-off.

We were in a dedicated 2BR 6 weeks ago (refurbed room). It had 1K in the master, 2Q in bedroom 2, and a Murphy bed in the LR.
Were you on the 5th floor? I heard that the bed configuration is not the same for that floor.

We were in a 1BR villa. Pretty sure it was 5533. Any of the fifth floor villas on the lake side should have a similar view.

In a few years we will be back to the trees blocking most of the view of the lake. That’s how it was when we started out, so it won’t bother me. Some people will really miss the kind of view we saw in my picture.
Something I'll never have to worry about. :eeyore::laughing:

Were you on the 5th floor? I heard that the bed configuration is not the same for that floor.
Dedicated is still 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom and lock-off is made up of a 1BR and a studio so it has a queen bed and a queen sleeper sofa/murphy bed in the 2nd bedroom.
The one difference with the 5th floor is that it has the slanted roofline and so in some rooms they could not use the murphy bed that has become the standard in place of a sofa bed. It appears that they decided to just not use it in any 5th floor room even if it did not have the slanted roof.

Dedicated is still 2 queens in the 2nd bedroom and lock-off is made up of a 1BR and a studio so it has a queen bed and a queen sleeper sofa/murphy bed in the 2nd bedroom.
The one difference with the 5th floor is that it has the slanted roofline and so in some rooms they could not use the murphy bed that has become the standard in place of a sofa bed. It appears that they decided to just not use it in any 5th floor room even if it did not have the slanted roof.
Thank you!! Someone needs to tell TP that all of their 2BR descriptions are incorrect!

We stayed in a 5th floor 1BR last month and, as Kathy and Don pointed out, we had the traditional sleeper sofa in the living room.

View attachment 762657
Thanks for the photo! Since it’s new, the mattress is probably pretty firm. We would only need this, however, if my DH’s snoring got to be too much for me! :) I always request the highest floor available because I don’t like hearing footsteps above me. The last time we were there we didn’t hear anything, anywhere, probably because we were about the 4th room from the end of the hallway. We didn’t mind the walk at all. (After the walk we had at BW, everything seems shorter!)

Thanks for the photo! Since it’s new, the mattress is probably pretty firm. We would only need this, however, if my DH’s snoring got to be too much for me! :) I always request the highest floor available because I don’t like hearing footsteps above me. The last time we were there we didn’t hear anything, anywhere, probably because we were about the 4th room from the end of the hallway. We didn’t mind the walk at all. (After the walk we had at BW, everything seems shorter!)
We like requesting highest floor possible as well, for the same reason. My snoring(and my DS) is the reason we always get 2 bedrooms now. He has is own space, we have ours, and she has place to escape if need be:rotfl2:

I used to get a kick out of people asking about the long hallways at VWL on our former groupie threads. And I would think, you have never experienced BWV, or even longer halls at AKL:crazy:

Hey guys been a minute since I have been on here. Went to see the Cure in concert last week and picked up the flu I guess. Luckily it doesn't seem to have been covid but still not feeling 100%. My DD, who went with me, got it too and we passed it on to DH. Still gotta go to work today though, yay. Anyway, hope you are all doing well. Hope you have some fun things coming up.

Hey guys been a minute since I have been on here. Went to see the Cure in concert last week and picked up the flu I guess. Luckily it doesn't seem to have been covid but still not feeling 100%. My DD, who went with me, got it too and we passed it on to DH. Still gotta go to work today though, yay. Anyway, hope you are all doing well. Hope you have some fun things coming up.
Sorry you aren’t feeling well, but I couldn’t help smiling at the idea of catching the flu at a Cure concert. Sorry. Feel better soon!

Feel better soon DLI!!
I love going to concerts but they are so doggone expensive these days, so I really pick and choose what shows to see. Casey and I saw the Eagles a few weeks ago and we are seeing Aerosmith this fall.

Feel better soon DLI!!
I love going to concerts but they are so doggone expensive these days, so I really pick and choose what shows to see. Casey and I saw the Eagles a few weeks ago and we are seeing Aerosmith this fall.
I totally agree. Concerts are way too expensive and I am still a little uneasy being in a large enclosed space. But we have an outdoor venue near us and will be seeing James Taylor this fall. Very excited! I can’t believe neither of us have ever seen him live after all these years! The tickets for this venue are not as expensive as most places, so we usually go there once or twice a summer.

I totally agree. Concerts are way too expensive and I am still a little uneasy being in a large enclosed space. But we have an outdoor venue near us and will be seeing James Taylor this fall. Very excited! I can’t believe neither of us have ever seen him live after all these years! The tickets for this venue are not as expensive as most places, so we usually go there once or twice a summer.
I saw JT when I was in HS, great show! Cant remember what year it was, but I do remember JD Souther opening for him, and their duet, "My Town" was a hit at the time, which they sang together. When we were in London a few years ago, we went on a Rock N Roll tour, and saw a little studio where JT recorded "Carolina In My Mind" and "Fire and Rain"

I have been lurking here for years! We bought resale in 2017 and believe it or not…next month will be the first time we will have stayed in our home resort! It will be a studio for 8 days…where do you all suggest I request for a nice view?
Welcome to the Groupies! I can't believe you didn't get to the Lodge for six years after buying, especially during the holidays! But, now that you're going, best wishes for your trip. Others will chime in with their favorite locations, I'm sure, but for me I prefer high floor, lake view. If filled, that would put you on the side with the most to see (pool, lake, GP, cabins) and the higher floor means you can see more of everything.

Again, :welcome:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter