VWL Groupies & Lovers Thread (Special Collectors Edition 2.0) updated 21 June 2023

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. My countdown to DL is down to 36 days. Yikes. It will be here and over before I know it. A couple days before Christmas I pulled a muscle at my ribs. Still trying to get back to normal. I think the area of the pull and my age are making it challenging. I really want to make sure I'm ok before the trip so I can ride all the rides. Looking forward to the 100 year celebration and all the treats lol

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. My countdown to DL is down to 36 days. Yikes. It will be here and over before I know it. A couple days before Christmas I pulled a muscle at my ribs. Still trying to get back to normal. I think the area of the pull and my age are making it challenging. I really want to make sure I'm ok before the trip so I can ride all the rides. Looking forward to the 100 year celebration and all the treats lol
I did the same thing to a muscle in my ribs the week before Christmas. I was actually driving between Hollywood and Epcot and a small cough came out and it felt like somebody stabbed me in the side (I had a lingering cough from bronchitis). Just started feeling better last week.

Hope you heal quickly and enjoy your DL trip. We are going for the first time in Oct. for our 10 year anniversary.

I did the same thing to a muscle in my ribs the week before Christmas. I was actually driving between Hollywood and Epcot and a small cough came out and it felt like somebody stabbed me in the side (I had a lingering cough from bronchitis). Just started feeling better last week.

Hope you heal quickly and enjoy your DL trip. We are going for the first time in Oct. for our 10 year anniversary.
Oh geez. Hope you are feeling better. Went to my doctor on Friday and she put me on a muscle relaxer. Helping a little so far. I prefer WDW because I'm a big Epcot fan but DL is fun and cheaper lol.

RIP
Spalsh-Mountain-Walt-Disney-World.jpg

Thanks Kat. I still don't like the white hallways. Just boring.
The pictures do make the hallway paint look very bright white. I think it's way too stark if that is the case.
I’ll re-ask since I didn’t hear anything - anyone else going to try for Moonlight Magic tickets? I’m looking at trying to get HS for 5/11…
I'll be giving it a try for the 1st Epcot on Feb 8th.

Actually, this was never one of my favorite rides, though the drop at the end was great. I'm okay with the re-theming, too. My biggest complaint, and I hope they have found a way to prevent this going forward, is that the seats literally smelled of sweat and that funky sour odor you get when clothes don't dry properly. I disliked going on the ride because my shirt would smell that way afterward. Ugh. pirate:

There's 1 studio without a balcony
Do you know which room number that is? I want to make sure to run to the front desk if that is assigned to me.

Also, I posted elsewhere: I've seen comments about some rooms having a laundry/trash view. But I was on TouringPlans and didn't see any egregiously bad views. What room numbers would have those?

Thanks.

Actually, this was never one of my favorite rides, though the drop at the end was great. I'm okay with the re-theming, too. My biggest complaint, and I hope they have found a way to prevent this going forward, is that the seats literally smelled of sweat and that funky sour odor you get when clothes don't dry properly. I disliked going on the ride because my shirt would smell that way afterward. Ugh. pirate:
Honestly it wasn't a fav of mine either. I don't like the water rides because I don't like getting wet. I think I may have rode this twice lol. I just feel for those who loved this ride. I hope they like the retheme. I still think though that Tiana deserves a restaurant before a ride.

Do you know which room number that is? I want to make sure to run to the front desk if that is assigned to me.

Also, I posted elsewhere: I've seen comments about some rooms having a laundry/trash view. But I was on TouringPlans and didn't see any egregiously bad views. What room numbers would have those?

Thanks.
I believe the studio with no balcony is 4533, however it does not show up on Touring Plans, they do not have a 4533 on their room finder. I'm almost positive that is the correct room number. I was in 4537 over the summer (1BR) when the construction started, I kind of invited myself into the rooms being demolished since they were all unexpectedly next to ours. One of the rooms was a studio and I noticed there was not a balcony. I posted a picture of it back in August. It *could* be 4535, but I don't think so.

Thanks.
There are room layouts/numbering for each floor on Page 1 of this thread to help you get a better picture; however, the room without a balcony is 4533, I believe, which is closer to the elevators. As for the rooms with the "dumpster view" or linen storage view, the last 3-4 rooms on the odd side of the buildings (lake view) have the dumpster view while the last 3-4 on the even side (trees view) overlooks the linen operations area. Hope this helps!

Thanks.
As others mentioned it is 4533. In the 2 floors below it's a dedicated 2 BR so no balcony off the bedroom wouldn't be a huge deal but they got to the 4th floor and made it a lockoff for some reason.
The "dumpster" view is at the very end of the long wing. I think mostly seen from the woods side?

Hope you're better by the time of your trip DLI!

Quick question, more out of curiosity than anything else: is Salon by the Springs open again? When we were at the Lodge in September, it looked like it was closed permanently, and was being used for crafts or other activities (sign down, etc.). However, when you go to Amenities at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, it is still listed, with the full services price list. I know Disney can be slow to update web pages, but that seems to be pushing it. I also know they have been cutting back on all of their spa services across all the resorts.

Quick question, more out of curiosity than anything else: is Salon by the Springs open again? When we were at the Lodge in September, it looked like it was closed permanently, and was being used for crafts or other activities (sign down, etc.). However, when you go to Amenities at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, it is still listed, with the full services price list. I know Disney can be slow to update web pages, but that seems to be pushing it. I also know they have been cutting back on all of their spa services across all the resorts.
It was not as of Jan 3rd when I was there.

No, it's not, and as for slow to update: the DHHIR resort page still lists things like the arcade at the Beach House which hasn't been open for years. pirate:

No, it's not, and as for slow to update: the DHHIR resort page still lists things like the arcade at the Beach House which hasn't been open for years. pirate:
Wow, any idea why is the arcade closed at Hilton Head? I thought those were fairly self-run, just reboot the entire room every so often.

Wow, any idea why is the arcade closed at Hilton Head? I thought those were fairly self-run, just reboot the entire room every so often.
Just a guess, but I can't imagine the salty ocean air was good for machinery, and the space where it used to be isn't air-conditioned. Further, even under prime conditions, it takes time and--ahem--money to update machines. I also suspect the actual amount of paid play time didn't cover the expenses and upkeep. All just supposition, but the bottom line is if it makes enough money, Disney keeps it; if not, it doesn't.

A couple more cases at HHI. . .first, the campfire s'mores/storytelling. The storytelling is mostly gone, though they do some and there are sing-a-longs, and the s'mores are back after disappearing during the pandemic. However, the Rec CMs are already on duty, so providing the actual fire and inexpensive graham crackers, etc., is a good way to build good will--plus, they often sell drinks at them now, too, and those are financially beneficial. Another example, and one likely to hit a nerve or two, the loss of Shadow. Disney simply says they went in a different direction. Possibly, but the fact is they had to pay the CM (known as B'Lou), as well as for the upkeep of Shadow. Both characters disappeared during covid, and they never came back because. . .well, it's not due to B'Lou not wishing to come back. While B'Lou and Shadow were extremely popular, they didn't bring in money, as they were simply goodwill ambassadors. Were people outraged, shocked, dismayed, even angered? Yes to all. Did they stop coming to HHI in droves? No, the resort is actually more popular now due to it opening first (and VB) before all the WDW resorts, so people discovered it, and its occupancy rate remains among the highest of all the Disney resorts.

At any rate, things like arcades and CMs (especially performers) simply aren't cost effective, at least they weren't at DHHIR. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!