VR Dress question

with the divorce rate these days.....if the mature crowd means celebrating a milestone event like this....than count me in!! :thumbsup2

My first wedding was, for me, all about marrying a man I was desperate to start my happily ever after with. My mother took the whole thing over, including shopping for and buying my gown (alone), and buying every single thing right down to my undergarments. She even chose my bouquet. There was so much family drama that Howard and I concentrated solely on having our friends there, and writing our wedding Mass, choosing the music, etc. We didn't choose anything for a "reception" including the cake flavors, colors, etc. We are doing a VR but it is going to look exactly like a wedding, but with our dear friend serving as the minister, rather than a priest, and with our DDthen20 and DSthen15 serving as our attendants.
All that being said, it seemed fitting that I would shop for a gown and go for something totally princessy and sweet, even though I'm a bit long in the tooth. :lmao:
SO, since I don't think there is any chance of DH visiting this thread (he is in our planning journal all the time), I am THRILLED to post a picture here of my gown.
47b8db11b3127ccec46871c4b8e700000026100Ibt3DRs2cMQe3nw4

This is the detailing on the bodice:
47b8d825b3127ccec41db3bc779400000025100Ibt3DRs2cMQe3nw4

This is the embroidery that is all over the skirt (I call it "fairy work"):
47b8dd29b3127ccec3c53ba69d4d00000016100Ibt3DRs2cMQe3nw4

I have seen everyone dresses before posted ,but they are all so pretty!They are nice to look at. all alittle different than the others. For the record , I have no problem being part of the more mature crowd. Heck I have two teenagers and have been with dh more than half my life and wouldn't have it could not imagine it any other way. We met when we were 18 in college....ages ago!:goodvibes

I agree, totally! We met when we were 19 and married at 21. We just celebrated 23 years. We are so incredibly blessed.

with the divorce rate these days.....if the mature crowd means celebrating a milestone event like this....than count me in!! :thumbsup2

Awesome!! :cloud9: Our theme for our VR is "All of Our Wishes Have Come True!" :love:

BTW, I am so excited seeing all the dresses gathered here. I can't believe how absolutely perfect each style is for each of you. :lovestruc Lisa, you looked absolutely GORGEOUS!!! :faint:

I'll be 33 for our 10th VR. :thumbsup2

We got some flack for getting married so young. Blah blah you're too young, you don't know how to handle a marriage, stuff like that. So, in a sense, this is to throw it back at them! :lmao:

I turn 38 on July 1st! 30-something-girls rock! :cool1:

My first wedding was, for me, all about marrying a man I was desperate to start my happily ever after with. My mother took the whole thing over, including shopping for and buying my gown (alone), and buying every single thing right down to my undergarments. She even chose my bouquet. There was so much family drama that Howard and I concentrated solely on having our friends there, and writing our wedding Mass, choosing the music, etc. We didn't choose anything for a "reception" including the cake flavors, colors, etc. We are doing a VR but it is going to look exactly like a wedding, but with our dear friend serving as the minister, rather than a priest, and with our DDthen20 and DSthen15 serving as our attendants.
All that being said, it seemed fitting that I would shop for a gown and go for something totally princessy and sweet, even though I'm a bit long in the tooth. :lmao:
SO, since I don't think there is any chance of DH visiting this thread (he is in our planning journal all the time), I am THRILLED to post a picture here of my gown.
47b8db11b3127ccec46871c4b8e700000026100Ibt3DRs2cMQe3nw4

This is the detailing on the bodice:
47b8d825b3127ccec41db3bc779400000025100Ibt3DRs2cMQe3nw4

This is the embroidery that is all over the skirt (I call it "fairy work"):
47b8dd29b3127ccec3c53ba69d4d00000016100Ibt3DRs2cMQe3nw4

Gorgeous dress! Very Princessy! Love it! :goodvibes

I agree, totally! We met when we were 19 and married at 21. We just celebrated 23 years. We are so incredibly blessed.

Awesome!! :cloud9: Our theme for our VR is "All of Our Wishes Have Come True!" :love:

BTW, I am so excited seeing all the dresses gathered here. I can't believe how absolutely perfect each style is for each of you. :lovestruc Lisa, you looked absolutely GORGEOUS!!! :faint:

OOH I love seeing more dresses, Cam yours is breathtaking I love the" fairy work" and your theme. Our theme is "our magically ever after"....:goodvibes :cool1:

1 more post, than i'm done for now, i promise! :lmao:

Tracyr13 - originally dh and I had planned on an escape VR at WL. It was still only going to be a few people, but once we saw Cheryl's TR :thumbsup2 on her VR on DCL we knew that was so much more us. We did have the big traditional wedding back in 2000 when we got married, and it was a lovely ceremony. But it wasn't what we really wanted. Our original plan was to elope to Jamaica! :rotfl2: but the parents didn't like that idea, so we had the big church wedding and reception. Now, we're doing it our way. Right on the beach, in the sand, with our children. I'm planning on the ceremony being more of a family ceremony, rather than reciting vows again. Probably, it'll only be us, our children, my best friend who was my MOH when we got married, and my parents. Small cake reception afterwards, and that's it!

I did end up telling dh last night about the dress, and even showed him the picture online at Davidsbridal.com. He really liked it, and said it was a good choice for the beach ceremony as it looked very light. He laughed at me when i told him i knew it was light and airy, as i had tried it on already. I'll pick it up on Thursday after class, and then we'll just see what he says.

Oh my gosh, we have a lot in common! We got engaged right after undergrad (we went to the same college) and in the fall before my wedding I was finishing up my Master's degree, teaching for the first year, and coaching! I literally took my Master's comps exam 6 weeks before my wedding, and graduated TEN DAYS before my wedding. I turned the wedding planning over to my mom - who was THRILLED to take over, but it wasn't so much "us", you know?

I had a gorgeous wedding and I'm very grateful to my parents for giving it to us and being so supportive - but getting married barefoot in the sand would have been more us also! I'm very proud that we have grown together and not apart given our young age at getting married (and after 3 kids!) and I want to celebrate that.

I'd love to hear more about how you plan on doing a family ceremony versus reciting vows, because that sounds EXACTLY my style!

I know this is more about dresses but wanted to share my photobook. This is from another thread I posted yesterday...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ooh! Just wanted to share! the photobook I made starting with our wedding and wdw HM through roughly 18 years of trips and pics with family and friends came today! ordered it through shutterfly and love it ! I plan on using it as a quasi guest book for everyone to sign. I used alot of old pics from trips and vacations at wdw to progress from our wedding/wdw hm through present day! I ordered a 12 by 12 with a padded photo cover. The cover and pages are pale blue with gold stars and some white bursts on them sort of to follow a magical theme . I used disney like quotes through out! Example would be "the magic began twenty years ago" then next page is" on our wdw hm "and then next page is and "continues through today!" The last page reads " where friends and family share magical memories" and I have a collage of different family members and us through the years at WDW. Other brides have done this( they were my inspiration) and I thought I was so awesome! I am really pleased with how it turned out and my dds and I had a fun time collecting all the pics. If you get the chance do it! A coupon helps too!

Sorry I didn't mean to get pushy but I really really love how the book turned out, esp. when you consider alot of the pics I used were older and had to be scanned.

Cam i think this is the 1st time i've seen your dress!! :faint: WOW It's gorgeous!! So beautiful, i can't wait to see pics of you in it!!

Cam i think this is the 1st time i've seen your dress!! :faint: WOW It's gorgeous!! So beautiful, i can't wait to see pics of you in it!!

Thank you, sweetie! :hug: It still literally takes my breath away when I see pictures of it. I've looked at probably more than a thousand gowns in magazines and there has never been another that so perfectly suited my vision for the perfect gown for me. :lovestruc

Thanks, Cam! I know it isn't anything like your breathtaking dress but it fit my personality and my other requirements ;) and I loved wearing it. I do fit the term mature at age 47 :laughing:

This is a great thread and will give other possible VR brides out there the urge to celebrate at Disney too :lovestruc

:rolleyes1: He'll get a clue shortly. The BEO should be here in about two weeks.

:rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I am just glad he had such patience!
Do you have your dress yet? Are you going to try to hide it from your DH?

Yup (see PJ - I think page 2), DM made me keep it at her house - I went shopping for the first time and was so excited there were a few styles I liked, so my mom took pics and I showed DF. He didn't know if I wound up going with one of those or not (I went shopping many times), but I did wind up going with the 2nd dress I tried. ... DM blew it when we were at a bridal show and mentioned how the linens would match my dress and DF said, "You got the black and white one?!" :faint: D'oh! So, he's seen the pic in my PJ, but like the others said, not all dolled up and I wasn't wearing the veil and the whole shebang. So, my DM took it and put it in her guest room so I wouldn't be tempted. lol. :stir: Honestly though, he's said several times that he doesn't want to see until the day... he's so cute, every so often (if we see a bride on a movie or something) he'll say, "ooohhh I can't wait to see how beautiful you look...."

Jody I just love your dress!! It's so beautiful and fits your frame perfectly!

Agreed, I LOVE it. It's gorgeous!

:thumbsup2 Amen, sister! I think a lot of the problem is that people don't want to work at it, they expect it to be easy, and living 50 years with the same person is not always going to be easy -- but its getting there that's half the fun!

My first wedding was, for me, all about marrying a man I was desperate to start my happily ever after with.

Sorry to hear that about your 1st. I'm glad you're doing it right this time!! AND HELLO, GORGEOUS!! The detail is exquisite!
:banana:

I'd love to hear more about how you plan on doing a family ceremony versus reciting vows, because that sounds EXACTLY my style!

We'll be doing a sand ceremony, with 4 different complimentary colors of sand, that we will all pour in together to a vase signifaying our family. Somehow i'm planning on including the kids in the vows, but i haven't figured out how. I want to focus on the fact that this isn't just for Joe and I, but for our whole family, and our dreams for each other, and our love and strenght we get from the kids. Not sure if I'll do it or not, but i think it would be so cute to have Joey walk me up to his daddy too. :lovestruc I did google Family Vows and found a few cute things, but i've got plenty of time.

We'll be doing a sand ceremony, with 4 different complimentary colors of sand, that we will all pour in together to a vase signifaying our family. Somehow i'm planning on including the kids in the vows, but i haven't figured out how. I want to focus on the fact that this isn't just for Joe and I, but for our whole family, and our dreams for each other, and our love and strenght we get from the kids. Not sure if I'll do it or not, but i think it would be so cute to have Joey walk me up to his daddy too. :lovestruc I did google Family Vows and found a few cute things, but i've got plenty of time.

OHHHH...I love that idea! :lovestruc I think everyone is on the same page when it comes to their VR. It's about focusing on the whole family not just the 2 of us! I think that would be so sweet to have Joey walk you down the aisle. We are also doing a unity candle ceremony to include Kaitlyn and Hannah and after we present each other with rings, we are going to present them with engraved lockets. :goodvibes

we are planning on doing something too to have our 2DDs included. they will be bridesmaid perse, and have thought about a couple of other options - a family candle maybe( we did a unity candle at our wedding) and plan on getting them a special necklace etc to signify the day....:goodvibes

OHHHH...I love that idea! :lovestruc I think everyone is on the same page when it comes to their VR. It's about focusing on the whole family not just the 2 of us! I think that would be so sweet to have Joey walk you down the aisle. We are also doing a unity candle ceremony to include Kaitlyn and Hannah and after we present each other with rings, we are going to present them with engraved lockets. :goodvibes

I also love this idea. I totally agree about honoring our family versus just the two of us. I'm definitely going to incorporate the kids...haven't figured out how yet. Just decided on the VR, lol!

I LOVE all the ideas I read here about sand ceremonies and ways to include our children. Jenn will be my MoH and Andrew will be Howard's best man. They will each do a reading, too, during the ceremony. Oh, and they've been very interested in helping to pick out the cake design, etc. I am also letting Jenn choose her bouquet colors & style & flowers and Andrew will get a say in what his bouteniere looks like. :goodvibes:

Sorry to hear that about your 1st. I'm glad you're doing it right this time!! AND HELLO, GORGEOUS!! The detail is exquisite!
:banana:
I just realized I should clarify for anyone who hasn't read our PJ that my first wedding was also to Howard. It just wasn't "our" dream event; it was DM's. This time, Howard insists that I choose everything I want and he is helping to plan everything and is really excited about this being our family's celebration with friends. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter