VR Dress question

29apr00

Momma to a Princess and a little Prince!
Ok VR ladies....has your DH seen your dress?? Is it a big deal to hide the dress like we did the 1st time around, or do you let dh see it/you in it??

I mean, it's a bit harder this time, seeing as how we live together and all that. He see's my closets, ya know.;)

Jennifer

My dh has not seen mine. He knows I ordered it but thats all. as for seeing it beforehand probably not....:goodvibes

MY DH has seen mine - I showed it to him to get his opinion before I paid for it.

I went to some pretty crazy lengths to hide mine, but I think I needn't have bothered.

Seeing the dress and seeing you IN the dress are two different things... And most guys prolly won't even remember what it looks like once it goes back in the bag! :thumbsup2

When I have my Disney Vow Renewal at some point in the future, I'm going to hide my dress. I loved seeing his reaction when he saw me wearing it for the first time on our wedding day. And I would LOVE to get that same reaction from him 10 years from now.

We lived together before the wedding and it was hanging in his closet for 4 months, but he was a good boy and never peaked. Due to my patience problem, I actually tried to show it to him three times, but he refused and locked himself in another room.

My df has not seen my dress, he knows its an Ian Stuart dress but thats it. He went in to the bridal boutique after i picked it to pay the 50% deposit but was adament he did nt wanna know which one it was. They sent me some copies of my fabric colouring the other week which i ve managed to hide from him.

When i eventually pick up my dress i ll be storing it at my parents house, then in my mums room when we arrive at wdw

Seeing the dress and seeing you IN the dress are two different things... And most guys prolly won't even remember what it looks like once it goes back in the bag! :thumbsup2

That's soo true!! :lmao: I'll probably just hang it in the closet and he'll never even notice!

Howard has said he doesnt' want to see it. I was really worried about choosing something he'd like, so the first time I went to try on dresses, he went with me and I got his feedback on what he liked and didn't like. I carried his opinions in my mind when I actually went shopping for my gown. I'd love for him to see a picture but I am also looking forward to his first glimpse. I will be a basket case when I have it at home and will want to show him. :lmao:

When i was looking through a magazine i saw the exact dress that i wanted and when my DF flicked through the magazine he said that he liked the same dress and that it was very 'me'. He know which dress / colour i've picked, but as lurkylou said it looks completely different on, so it doesn't matter to me. :lovestruc

Must admit though i ve found it difficult not showing him the pic, we are a very very close couple & before we buy any clothing we always make sure the other one likes it. Id love for him to see my dress just to know what he thinks. I totally agree that even if he sees it he ll still have no idea what it ll look like on. A point that i ve said to him, but hes adament that he wants everything to be a big surprise.

Hi Jennifer

I didn't let Dave see it, and it sat in my closet in a bag for almost 1 year and he never looked. I had to pack the bags myself, then put it in the closet on the cruise with another bag, all to hide it from him. I think Lurkyloo is right, even if he had seen it, it would mean nothing without the body in it. Just ask him what he thinks, does he even want to see it?

cheryl

My Dh helped pick out the dress, but he hasn't seen me in...of course, it's not at my house yet! :rotfl2: He is very adamant about the fact that it is NOT a wedding, it's a vow renewal and its not the same. (those are his words).
He did not see my original dress until I walked down the aisle back in 1988.

Hmmm...maybe I'm not that romantic, because it didn't even occur to me to "keep it hidden" this time. I think 3 kids has really removed me from the bride mentality! :lmao: I'm sure we will all be changing in our room together, so I can't imagine how he would not see it beforehand.

Are y'all thinking of wearing a wedding gown type dress, or something more casual?

Hmmm...maybe I'm not that romantic, because it didn't even occur to me to "keep it hidden" this time. I think 3 kids has really removed me from the bride mentality! :lmao: I'm sure we will all be changing in our room together, so I can't imagine how he would not see it beforehand.

Are y'all thinking of wearing a wedding gown type dress, or something more casual?

I am wearing a wedding gown dress, and I know Cam is too. There are several of us VR girls doing that.

:rotfl2: He has no idea what he's in for. :rotfl2:

I just roll my eyes and let him be...:rolleyes1 He'll get a clue shortly. The BEO should be here in about two weeks.

He is very adamant about the fact that it is NOT a wedding, it's a vow renewal and its not the same. (those are his words).

My dh is the same way!! We're not getting married again! It's not a wedding!

Yeah, a wedding dress, albit an informal one. It has little to no train, and isn't poofy like my 1st one.

Interesting to see what others are doing! Maybe I should approach this more as an anniversary party instead of a true vow renewal? :confused: I'm not sure what I should call it! With the exception of actually wanting to renew our vows in some way, I'm really thinking of it more as a party with our friends and family, instead of having the traditional elements of a wedding. A cake would be fun, but other than that, I don't feel the need for fancy decorations, music, flowers, etc, etc. I really want to celebrate 13 years of marriage and 3 kids, but I had a nice wedding and just personally don't feel the need to "re-do" a wedding (NOT that there's anything wrong with that, just saying I don't personally wish for that).

I guess I have to really think about this...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter