VP Pence to host call with cruise line industry.

Does the Vice-President saying he supports this actually accomplish anything?

Possibly since he leads the Coronavirus task force which is made up of the U.S. Surgeon General, Secretary of HHS and others. They can possibly speed up or eliminate red tape. They can also recommend to the president that he override future cruise bans proposed by the CDC. Before I get replies or my post whacked, I say that as a factual point and not a political one.

Cruise ban ends in 3 weeks.

Last edited:
Azar just renewed the Public Health Emergency status for the whole country, so that may affect the process.

Possibly since he leads the Coronavirus task force which is made up of the U.S. Surgeon General, Secretary of HHS and others. They can possibly speed up or eliminate red tape. They can also recommend to the president that he override future cruise bans proposed by the CDC. Before I get replies or my post whacked, I say that as a factual point and not a political one.

Cruise ban ends in 3 weeks.
Yup, factually correct. But with few to no ports to go to, the status of the U.S. cruise ban is really moot.

Yup, factually correct. But with few to no ports to go to, the status of the U.S. cruise ban is really moot.

Mexico would welcome them with open arms
I read an article that said Cozumel was readying to welcome its first cruises in November.. apparently RCL & CCL
DCL could do Cozumel, Costa Maya, CC trial sailings & see how it works.
But the ban needs to end Oct 31 for that to happen

I read an article that said Cozumel was readying to welcome its first cruises in November.. apparently RCL & CCL
A few ports, but probably not enough to make restarting cruising financial viable.

Royal Caribbean and Carnival have already cancelled cruises through the end of November.

Royal Caribbean and Carnival have already cancelled cruises through the end of November.

They revised the time needed to get the boats spun up which is why they cancelled till Dec. They said they needed 60 days to get ready and they needed time to conduct mock cruises using some of the crew as pretend guests.

No harm? It's not safe.

According to you there is nowhere to go, hence no cruises. How is no cruises not safe?

Also, not safe is your opinion that is not required to be shared by all. There has never been a U.S. cruise under the new CLIA guidelines, so anyone saying the resumption of cruising is not safe is just speculating. Over 7 million Americans that we know of have contracted COVID from non-cruising. The hypocrisy has to end sometime, 7 months is enough.

Last edited:
I think the ban is on its last gasp. They only got 4 more weeks of ban on the last go round.

I would like to think we are nearing the end of this health emergency. But cases are on the rise here, and that seems to be the case for many places in the United States.

Panama, Ecuador, Costa Rica and Columbia are opening to Americans so are are some of the Caribbean islands. I think it’s just a matter of time before cruise ships are allowed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter