• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Volcano roller coaster coming to Magic Kingdom ?

I'd say the possibility of them getting rid of jungle cruise is in roughly the 0.01% range

Considering they are coming out with a movie based on the ride too more like .00001.

On top of that, Skipper Canteen just opened in, what, late 2015/early 2016? Plus they tied in S.E.A so I'm thinking this one is safe (lucky for me it's one of my favorites).

Sorry for going off topic, but on the subject of Jungle Cruise, perhaps an update is due to that.... some new animatronics etc?

Sorry for going off topic, but on the subject of Jungle Cruise, perhaps an update is due to that.... some new animatronics etc?

They certainly are dated, but I've never viewed Jungle Cruise as being about the animatronics. It's one of the few (maybe only) attraction that's dependent on the skill of the Cast Member. I'd take the worst animatronics with the best Skipper over the best animatronics with the worst Skipper any day of the week.

And FWIW, Disneyland fit (the queue entrance) for Indiana Jones between Jungle Cruise and Pirates.

Disneyworld could add more rides without removing any existing ones with an ounce of creative planning.

Just a thought, isn't Indiana Jones a rollercoaster in Paris? I say Indiana Jones at Disneyland is an E-ticket attraction. That line gets long pretty quickly. I'm not saying Indiana Jones is coming to the MK since they have a show at DHS, but it would be nice to see an E-ticket attraction in Adventureland at the MK. Personally, I only go there to ride Jungle Cruise, and whenever I decide to ride Pirates.

There's only one problem I see with this actually happening. Having a "volcano" attraction along the shores of Seven Seas Lagoon would be going against a lot of how Disney imagineering designs things. Walt Disney with Disneyland never wanted guests to see inside the park from anywhere outside, and he didn't want guests to see outside the park from anywhere. Yes, I know that Cinderella Castle can be seen from pretty much everywhere outside of the MK. Also, at DHS, Tower of Terror is painted a certain color to camouflage with the France pavilion at EPCOT. If Disney builds this, I would see them try to block the view of it before putting it in prime sight of any of the 3 resorts around the Seven Seas Lagoon.

There's my two cents to this rumor.

And FWIW, Disneyland fit (the queue entrance) for Indiana Jones between Jungle Cruise and Pirates.

Disneyworld could add more rides without removing any existing ones with an ounce of creative planning.

But that costs money...

And tonight there was likely people waiting 3 hours like sardines on the curbs waiting for a 10 minute fireworks show that's 15 years old...and do so willingly...

So what's In it for them?

What, and have about 12 E-ticket rides at MK, compared to about 4 per park at the stepsisters?

Just a thought, isn't Indiana Jones a rollercoaster in Paris? I say Indiana Jones at Disneyland is an E-ticket attraction. That line gets long pretty quickly. I'm not saying Indiana Jones is coming to the MK since they have a show at DHS, but it would be nice to see an E-ticket attraction in Adventureland at the MK. Personally, I only go there to ride Jungle Cruise, and whenever I decide to ride Pirates.

There's only one problem I see with this actually happening. Having a "volcano" attraction along the shores of Seven Seas Lagoon would be going against a lot of how Disney imagineering designs things. Walt Disney with Disneyland never wanted guests to see inside the park from anywhere outside, and he didn't want guests to see outside the park from anywhere. Yes, I know that Cinderella Castle can be seen from pretty much everywhere outside of the MK. Also, at DHS, Tower of Terror is painted a certain color to camouflage with the France pavilion at EPCOT. If Disney builds this, I would see them try to block the view of it before putting it in prime sight of any of the 3 resorts around the Seven Seas Lagoon.

That Indy coaster is a pretty mediocre theme park ride...I'd take it...but that a low bar.

Splash 1.0
Space 1.0
Thunder 0.5

It's a pet peeve of mine...but it's considered amusement park fauxpax to have 3 chain lifts...especially on steel track...it's a bad design.

But I give wdi credit for trying...it was about the last coaster they ever did...

Jim's track record of prediction may not be good, but I still enjoy hearing him talk, if only to hear what people inside WDW are talking about or have talked about in the past. I think he just reports anything he hears them talking about, but doesn't really make predictions about what will or won't happen.

Splash 1.0
Space 1.0
Thunder 0.5

It's a pet peeve of mine...but it's considered amusement park fauxpax to have 3 chain lifts...especially on steel track...it's a bad design.

But I give wdi credit for trying...it was about the last coaster they ever did...

If you go by Disney's 1970s concept, E tickets were:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle Cruise
Country Bear Jamboree
Haunted Mansion
Hall of Presidents
It's a Small World
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Space Mountain

So in the early days there were 8 e ticket attractions. The fact that only one of these top attractions of the 70s is still considered an e ticket attraction, while 7 of 8 are still in MK, says more about our expectations for what is an "e ticket" than what it actually was when the phrase had meaning.

Personally I think if the E ticket system were still in effect, anything with a FP would be a C,D, or E. Given the E ticket designation was done by popularity and wait times, there is no doubt in my mind that if "e ticket" meant the same today as it meant in the 1970s the following would likely be e ticket rides:

Space Mountain
7 Dwarfs
Peter Pan
Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain
Pirates *** could move down
Jungle Cruise *** could move down

D tickets would probably include:
Buzz *** could move up
Winnie the Pooh
Little Mermaid
Haunted Mansion
Mad Tea Party
Dumbo
Barnstormer

C Tickets might be:
Monster's Inc
PhilharMagic
Magic Carpets
Speedway *** probably would move up
All Character Meet and Greets *** some of these could arguably be in E or D just by wait times

The thing is, we don't think of E tickets in the historical sense anymore, we think of them as thrill rides. And that just isn't correct.

I don't believe the rumor, but I think they could tie it into the Poly. They could block the view from the Grand, and it probably wouldn't be visible from the Contemporary anyway. You can see Space Mountain from the Contemporary, that was a design choice because the monorail resorts were seen as an extension of the lands within Magic Kingdom.

Pirates, Mansion, Jungle, Thunder & 7 Dwarfs are all absolutely "E Tickets." It doesn't have to sling you around to be an "E Ticket." ...and what sort of gripe could anyone (other than LOL of course) have with Splash Mountain???

If you go by Disney's 1970s concept, E tickets were:

Pirates of the Caribbean
Jungle Cruise
Country Bear Jamboree
Haunted Mansion
Hall of Presidents
It's a Small World
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Space Mountain

So in the early days there were 8 e ticket attractions. The fact that only one of these top attractions of the 70s is still considered an e ticket attraction, while 7 of 8 are still in MK, says more about our expectations for what is an "e ticket" than what it actually was when the phrase had meaning.

Personally I think if the E ticket system were still in effect, anything with a FP would be a C,D, or E. Given the E ticket designation was done by popularity and wait times, there is no doubt in my mind that if "e ticket" meant the same today as it meant in the 1970s the following would likely be e ticket rides:

Space Mountain
7 Dwarfs
Peter Pan
Thunder Mountain
Splash Mountain
Pirates *** could move down
Jungle Cruise *** could move down

D tickets would probably include:
Buzz *** could move up
Winnie the Pooh
Little Mermaid
Haunted Mansion
Mad Tea Party
Dumbo
Barnstormer

C Tickets might be:
Monster's Inc
PhilharMagic
Magic Carpets
Speedway *** probably would move up
All Character Meet and Greets *** some of these could arguably be in E or D just by wait times

The thing is, we don't think of E tickets in the historical sense anymore, we think of them as thrill rides. And that just isn't correct.
No doubt. However I still disagree with classifying mine Train as an e ticket attraction.

With that said Imagineering still does classify their attractions as e tickets and so on. For example permit documents call Flight of Passage an E ticket.

No doubt. However I still disagree with classifying mine Train as an e ticket attraction.

With that said Imagineering still does classify their attractions as e tickets and so on. For example permit documents call Flight of Passage an E ticket.

Mine Train has one of the longest, if not the longest, wait time in the park. In the 70s that would have guaranteed classifying it as an E ticket. Rides moved in and out of those classifications by wait time and popularity, with HM actually dropping down primarily because of its massive capacity. The designation simply wasn't about quality, it was about how to get the most money from the most popular attractions.... hmmm... doesn't sound like 1970s Disney was all that much different from current Disney sometimes...

Mine Train has one of the longest, if not the longest, wait time in the park. In the 70s that would have guaranteed classifying it as an E ticket. Rides moved in and out of those classifications by wait time and popularity, with HM actually dropping down primarily because of its massive capacity. The designation simply wasn't about quality, it was about how to get the most money from the most popular attractions.... hmmm... doesn't sound like 1970s Disney was all that much different from current Disney sometimes...
I don't think only wait times should classify what an e ticket is. Sure it's part of it but put out a rare character and that can have an hour plus wait. I don't think imagineering today uses e ticket classification solely on wait either. The wait, experience, ride type, ride length, etc. should all play a role.

Perhaps they are reacting to Uni's Volcano Bay? It wouldn't be the first time Disney rushed something into construction in response to something else going on in Orlando - like Disney/MGM to thwart Universal Florida.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter