VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

What is the best way to get from Volcano Bay to the parks? Take the bus back to the parking garage or would it be better to take the bus to hard Rock or Royal Pacific and then walk over?

Take the bus back to the parking garage. :)

Is premium seating scattered throughout the park or is it in one spot?

It’s in one spot between Kohola Reef and the wave pool (the front-middle of the park).

There's a bus to VB from Royal Pacific?

We've only stayed at Cabana Bay, so we just walked over. We're spending 2 days at Royal Pacific this June and I thought we had to go from the hotel to citywalk then on to VB.

There's a bus to VB from Royal Pacific?

We've only stayed at Cabana Bay, so we just walked over. We're spending 2 days at Royal Pacific this June and I thought we had to go from the hotel to citywalk then on to VB.

There is a bus from RPR, HRH, and Portofino. I think Sapphire too. I'm always too out of it to remember, either too early or long day at VB. The bus is shared between HRH & Portofino and RPR & Sapphire.

Going to VB next month and staying offsite.

Zillions of questions...

Is there an AP discount for tickets? I have a 2 park preferred pass... can I buy discounted tickets ahead of time or at the gate only?

if I buy at the gate, how early should I arrive to take care of all that and being able to walk in at opening? i was thinking about arriving about 30 minutes before early entry, about an hour before park opens.... Does that sound about right?

Can you pay for drinks with the Tapu? Can I link my husbands tapu to my account to pay? Would he also get the AP discount on food or do I have to tap it?

Is there only one way in and out of the lazy and not so lazy rivers?

Im guessing there are in and out privileges for lockers?

Express pass + works once per slide? can you also tapu?

thanks!

Going to VB next month and staying offsite.

Zillions of questions...

Is there an AP discount for tickets? I have a 2 park preferred pass... can I buy discounted tickets ahead of time or at the gate only?

if I buy at the gate, how early should I arrive to take care of all that and being able to walk in at opening? i was thinking about arriving about 30 minutes before early entry, about an hour before park opens.... Does that sound about right?

Can you pay for drinks with the Tapu? Can I link my husbands tapu to my account to pay? Would he also get the AP discount on food or do I have to tap it?

Is there only one way in and out of the lazy and not so lazy rivers?

Im guessing there are in and out privileges for lockers?

Express pass + works once per slide? can you also tapu?

thanks!

I don't know of any AP discount for VB tickets. We have preferred, so I always have to buy tickets for July at full price.
30 minutes may be OK. I don't know when the guest services team shows up to the booths. I would just buy it online if there's no discount.
Tapu can buy food and drinks if you have linked your credit card in the app.
All EP at VB are once per ride. You can use Tapu as much as you want for all rides that use it.

I would like to hear if there is any good food...type and place to eat at volcano bay now a days. Thanks. Looking forward to many good mornings there and hopefully some good lunches or snacks!!!!

Does anyone know who has been recently know if the snack stand still sell soft pretzels? Specifically the pepperoni one ? When we went Christmas of 2019 my 2 girls used a snack credit from the quick service dining plan on them and wanted to know if they were still available?

I would like to hear if there is any good food...type and place to eat at volcano bay now a days. Thanks. Looking forward to many good mornings there and hopefully some good lunches or snacks!!!!

I really liked the long pizza. It was more than I could eat. Daughter had a mac and cheese with shrimp in it (I think). That was pretty good too.
We were pleasantly surprised. The bar is low for park food, and even lower for waterpark. But, I look forward to those things.

Nice thing about VB dining is that it doesn't have the social distancing causing limited seating. So, you can get your food as quickly as always.

I really liked the long pizza. It was more than I could eat. Daughter had a mac and cheese with shrimp in it (I think). That was pretty good too.
We were pleasantly surprised. The bar is low for park food, and even lower for waterpark. But, I look forward to those things.

Nice thing about VB dining is that it doesn't have the social distancing causing limited seating. So, you can get your food as quickly as always.

Thank you! I'm hoping there is a fun treat or two to have!!!

Thank you! I'm hoping there is a fun treat or two to have!!!

One other thing I meant to mention. Will you be using the QS dining plan? If you are, be aware that at one of the restaurants, the bonus item is an icee. Since we always have the freestyle cup and that includes free icees that was disappointing. Although I see why icees would appeal to people at a waterpark.

These are my notes on VB dining. You can see more detail on what they have on the mobile order menu. Although, those never have everything on them. For example, kids menus aren't on mobile ordering.

1. Bambu
a. Near the highway on the middle of that side
b. Combos include a shake
c. Burgers, sandwiches, Chicken Tenders

2. Kohola Reef
a. Very close to Cabana Bay (South tower)
b. Combos are served with shake
c. Pizza, Chicken sandwiches, Burgers, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Ribs Combo ($21.50), wraps

3. Feasting Frog
a. Somewhat near the Kraka-whatever ride
b. Tacos and Nachos, no combos

4. Whakawaiwai Eats
a. In the back middle of the park
b. Combos are served with an ICEE
c. Pizza, hot dogs (including pretzel bun) and mac and cheese.

One other thing I meant to mention. Will you be using the QS dining plan? If you are, be aware that at one of the restaurants, the bonus item is an icee. Since we always have the freestyle cup and that includes free icees that was disappointing. Although I see why icees would appeal to people at a waterpark.

These are my notes on VB dining. You can see more detail on what they have on the mobile order menu. Although, those never have everything on them. For example, kids menus aren't on mobile ordering.

1. Bambu
a. Near the highway on the middle of that side
b. Combos include a shake
c. Burgers, sandwiches, Chicken Tenders

2. Kohola Reef
a. Very close to Cabana Bay (South tower)
b. Combos are served with shake
c. Pizza, Chicken sandwiches, Burgers, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Ribs Combo ($21.50), wraps

3. Feasting Frog
a. Somewhat near the Kraka-whatever ride
b. Tacos and Nachos, no combos

4. Whakawaiwai Eats
a. In the back middle of the park
b. Combos are served with an ICEE
c. Pizza, hot dogs (including pretzel bun) and mac and cheese.

No dining plan for us. Thanks for the notes!!!!!

Is there seating around the aqua coaster? I know this is where the kids will want to be at opening

Not right next to it, but if you go across the nearby bridge and follow the path, head towards Punga Racers - there are some beach loungers over there.

There are also some near a back path between the River Village restrooms and Honu Ika Moana.

What is the current policy regarding single riders? Precovid they would add a single rider to another group.

We were there last week. The default is to keep separate parties separate. But we were a group of three and several times a pair in front of us didn't weigh enough, so they asked to join us at the weigh in point and we said yes. One time DH and DD went without me, and they asked to join the threesome behind them and that group said no, but then there was another pair after them who also didn't weigh enough so they joined together. So, long story short: yes, you will be able to join another group once a group is willing to let you join.

Looking forward to one day with our adult son ! can’t wait, have always done either Blizzard Beach or Typhoon Lagoon.. so excited to switch it up!😁😁

Has anyone done the photo package for volcano bay? It’s listed as $39.99 and I’m wondering if it’s worth it. Are there a number of ride photo spots to tapu tapu in?

Has anyone done the photo package for volcano bay? It’s listed as $39.99 and I’m wondering if it’s worth it. Are there a number of ride photo spots to tapu tapu in?

Yes, you have the ride photos as well as throughout the park there are photo spots, not sure how many, but $40 doesn’t seem like a bad price, for as many as I’ve noticed throughout the waterpark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter