VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

Volcano Bay - Family Cabana: I was wanting to know if anyone has stayed in the family cabana at VB and if you know if there are lounge chairs in front of the family cabana or does it sit against a walkway?

Volcano Bay - Family Cabana: I was wanting to know if anyone has stayed in the family cabana at VB and if you know if there are lounge chairs in front of the family cabana or does it sit against a walkway?

I know there are chairs and loungers in front of some of them, but they aren't right in front. Some of them might be on out of the way walkways away from the general loungers.

Express Pass Unlimited? Do they offer one for Volcano Bay or just the Express Pass to go on each ride once?

Does the Express Pass get added onto your TapuTapu or is it a seperate wristband/ticket?

If I have early entry do you think I'll still have to reserve a premium seat?

Thank you!!!

Can someone walk me through the advantages of a cabana over the premium seating please? There’s only two of us so the cost difference is quite significant. Thank you!

The main advantage I can think of for the cabana is the ability to reserve a ride right from your cabana, instead of going all the way to the ride entrance to reserve a ride.

I think I only remember seeing chairs inside the cabana. The cabanas do sit against walkways.

Express Pass Unlimited? Do they offer one for Volcano Bay or just the Express Pass to go on each ride once?

Does the Express Pass get added onto your TapuTapu or is it a seperate wristband/ticket?

Thank you!!!

I think at VB, you can only use Express once per ride.

I *think* you get a separate wristband.

I don’t think there is a need to reserve premium seating if you have Early Entry.

Thank you!!!

As @Sehsun said, EP at VB is once per ride, and it's a separate plastic wrist band that they mark with a marker. There are two options: one that doesn't include the body/drop slides and one that does. They list the attractions on the info about the EP on the website.

As for premium seating, it depends why you might want it. If you are worried about getting loungers or getting them in the shade, I think you will be fine at Early Entry. I really dislike where they moved the loungers. At mid-day and afternoon, the shade provides very little to no shade. I think an umbrella or tree would be better. If you want a premium lounger for the lockbox or the wait staff, then you should probably get it ahead of time. I don't know how quickly they sell out.

Last edited:
We are headed to Universal next week and will spend a day or two at Volcano Bay. I have a few questions.
1) If we get the Express pass and are there for early entry, can we wait until it gets busy before we actually want to use the express pass for the rides? We would get the express pass where you could ride the rides one time each but I would want them to ride as many rides as they wanted to before it got busy. I think it is a bracelet for EP correct?

2) What is the procedure for getting the Express Pass? I will order it ahead of time on line but don't want to waste a bunch of time standing in line to get it during EE. Maybe we could all ride the rides during EE and than go get our bracelets for the Express Pass I ordered ahead of time on line.

3) If we order a cabana will it take a while to stand in line for that also?

We are headed to Universal next week and will spend a day or two at Volcano Bay. I have a few questions.
1) If we get the Express pass and are there for early entry, can we wait until it gets busy before we actually want to use the express pass for the rides? We would get the express pass where you could ride the rides one time each but I would want them to ride as many rides as they wanted to before it got busy. I think it is a bracelet for EP correct?

2) What is the procedure for getting the Express Pass? I will order it ahead of time on line but don't want to waste a bunch of time standing in line to get it during EE. Maybe we could all ride the rides during EE and than go get our bracelets for the Express Pass I ordered ahead of time on line.

Based on my experience last summer, you get a separate bracelet for express pass and you choose when to use it. Yes, you can ride "ride-now" or use your tapu tapu until it gets busy and you want to use the express pass

End of July last summer, we ordered on line, but had to show a voucher in the park to get the bracelet. I did it after early entry at a guest services that was located sort of near oh-no/oh-yeah ... it was on the same path, deeper into the park. It took 5 minutes at most.

Based on my experience last summer, you get a separate bracelet for express pass and you choose when to use it. Yes, you can ride "ride-now" or use your tapu tapu until it gets busy and you want to use the express pass

End of July last summer, we ordered on line, but had to show a voucher in the park to get the bracelet. I did it after early entry at a guest services that was located sort of near oh-no/oh-yeah ... it was on the same path, deeper into the park. It took 5 minutes at most.
Thank you.

We are looking into renting a cabana for next week. Does anyone have any favorite cabana locations away from non smoking areas? We will rent a 6 person. Are the top level ones more quiet?

So I just called to rent a cabana for the day. They are all sold out except for the Handicapped units. They were allowed to rent me one of those. It is an upper level one. He says it has an elevator. This should be interesting. Does anyone have any experience with renting one of these? Are they ok?

Thank you!!!
It is a separate wrist band. Or at least it was in October. It allows you to go straight to the line once per ride. Eliminates the wait to join the line.

It is a separate wrist band. Or at least it was in October. It allows you to go straight to the line once per ride. Eliminates the wait to join the line.
I had premium seating on a Monday in early October. Totally unnecessary. Not sure when you are going. Early entry can save you money for express pass and seating.

I had premium seating on a Monday in early October. Totally unnecessary. Not sure when you are going. Early entry can save you money for express pass and seating.

I agree. We did that too. Even the Express was a waste of time during the time, especially since we went to early entry. Summer might be different now though. We haven't been in summer since the first summer it opened.

Does anyone know if they have flavored shaved ice or something similar at Volcano Bay?

Unfortunately, I don't think VB offers flavored shaved ice at this time. The closest item they would offer is the POG (pineapple, orange, guava blend) slush that is offered at a few food carts.

Unfortunately, I don't think VB offers flavored shaved ice at this time. The closest item they would offer is the POG (pineapple, orange, guava blend) slush that is offered at a few food carts.

Thanks Sehsun. My son and his girlfriend are planning on spending a day there in May and were hoping they had some. Maybe they can find some in the parks instead.

When do the two levels of express pass go on sale for Volcano Bay? I can see availability for the cheaper pass in September but I can't see any availablity in October?

We are going middle of October and as we only have a single day to put aside for Volcano Bay we really want to make sure we get the express pass. Last year when we went we missed out on the express pass and regretted it, although we did go on 4th July week.

We are going to VB for the first time on a Saturday, August 10th. Obviously I know it is going to be busy but I’m curious if Saturday’s seem to be significantly busier than other days? We are going on a cruise right after our stay so we unfortunately don’t have the option to go another day, just want to mentally prepare myself for crowds.

Does anyone know when Universal allow booking for the cabanas, website only goes as far as June at the moment but we are not going until August, just want to get it priced up as it will hopefully a late anniversary present but there are such big differences in prices I am not sure if it will be affordable or not.

When do the two levels of express pass go on sale for Volcano Bay? I can see availability for the cheaper pass in September but I can't see any availablity in October?

We are going middle of October and as we only have a single day to put aside for Volcano Bay we really want to make sure we get the express pass. Last year when we went we missed out on the express pass and regretted it, although we did go on 4th July week.

Last year, I bought our EP for October 5th on June 27th. I don't know if that was the first available date to buy or not. However, I had been monitoring it weekly or every other week. I would start looking in early June at the latest. We didn't really need the EP though. It was a Friday, and we did early entry. We had needed it the previous summer, opening summer, even with Early Entry. That's why I got it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!