VOLCANO BAY.....INFO AND QUESTION THREAD........

So I just called to double check where we are and she just said wave village but they don't have it narrowed down beyond that. When I get to the park that day and go to the concierge desk, then I can request which cabana I want. So that's really annoying.

Hi I believe you are correct. When we were there I did see one of the family cabanas it was in the River Village closer to the Wave Village. It was all by itself with no other cabanas. I rented a single one and this one was about double the size on one level. I saw over 10 people in it. I think that is a pretty good price for a family one. I would rent one again for an occasion like that.

When we called the lady we spoke with said that our cabana would be in River Village since both of the family suite cabanas were in that area (and only one out of the two of those is an ADA/accessible cabana - which is the one we requested since a parent of my son's friend is disabled.) I've been trying to figure out the park map but I don't see any cabanas by themselves. I think they may not be listed on the map, so that's a bummer. We're still excited, though! I'm such a planner, I just wish I knew where this darn cabana was or what it looked like. We were told that the family cabana could fit 16 guests, so it seems like a good deal considering the pricing for the other cabanas isn't much less.

So I just called to double check where we are and she just said wave village but they don't have it narrowed down beyond that. When I get to the park that day and go to the concierge desk, then I can request which cabana I want. So that's really annoying.
Ha! A bit, I called too- basically same answer, I asked about those specific cabanas and he said you can't request them until you are on site. So early entry we go! Best advice on what time to be at Volcano Bay in the morning?

Ha! A bit, I called too- basically same answer, I asked about those specific cabanas and he said you can't request them until you are on site. So early entry we go! Best advice on what time to be at Volcano Bay in the morning?
On a positive note- this has been the only thing I have to "plan" from booking this entire universal vacation! I love how care free it is to go here over our one trip to disney..

Where do you check in for premium seating and cabanas? I vaguely remember reading somewhere that there are 2 locations to check in, and that 1 is much less crowded, but I can't find that reference.

Hi we stayed at CBBR last year and walked over. We had EE at 8:00 am and we were through security by 7:30.

When we called the lady we spoke with said that our cabana would be in River Village since both of the family suite cabanas were in that area (and only one out of the two of those is an ADA/accessible cabana - which is the one we requested since a parent of my son's friend is disabled.) I've been trying to figure out the park map but I don't see any cabanas by themselves. I think they may not be listed on the map, so that's a bummer. We're still excited, though! I'm such a planner, I just wish I knew where this darn cabana was or what it looked like. We were told that the family cabana could fit 16 guests, so it seems like a good deal considering the pricing for the other cabanas isn't much less.

Those cabanas were not finished in time to make the map that I have. They were working on them even once the park opened. I can tell you that they are on the back to side of the volcano, close to the volcano. They are located around the letter J but closer to l .

thumbnailcab2.jpg

All the cabanas are the same inside. The family cabana was about the size of two singles put together. The accessible one will look a little different inside but I don't think by much. I am betting that the stuff inside will be a little lower to the ground and probably a ramp inside.

Where do you check in for premium seating and cabanas? I vaguely remember reading somewhere that there are 2 locations to check in, and that 1 is much less crowded, but I can't find that reference.

Hi once you go through the turnstiles and up the path. There is an associate checking room keys. If you look right in front of them to the left a little is a hut. This is the one that we used because we had EE and there was very little wait. The other one is going to be by the Dancing Dragons Bar. It will be to the right and down and around a corner. It takes a bit of time to get there. I think if you are going to be there early and one of the first through I would use the one in front.

Hi once you go through the turnstiles and up the path. There is an associate checking room keys. If you look right in front of them to the left a little is a hut. This is the one that we used because we had EE and there was very little wait. The other one is going to be by the Dancing Dragons Bar. It will be to the right and down and around a corner. It takes a bit of time to get there. I think if you are going to be there early and one of the first through I would use the one in front.

Thank you! I think we'll try to be early and check in at the first hut, but if for some reason there's a big line there, then we'll have a plan B near Dancing Dragons.

Ugh. That is not where I wanted to be because I think the ones clear to the left back up to the interestate. I asked to be where the B is. I might have to call again and double check and try to change it. Although she did say I was by the lazy river.

Hi I am surprised she told you that you were by the lazy river because they literally assign the cabanas the night before. We had put a request for a cabana when we were there on a Friday for a Tuesday and she told me that they will do it the night before. Honestly, I was told that those by B are part of the River Village. However, the two that are by the number 2 in the wave village are kind of close to one of the exits of the lazy river.That is where my cabana was last summer. Honestly we closed the back curtain the music and ceiling fan were on and we did not hear traffic. I think the cabanas on the second level may hear the noise more. If you have to be on the back wall by the interstate try and request cabana #22. It was the only single cabana set back and was kind of isolated. Check out my pics of it on my trip report. Scroll down to Tuesday August 1.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/summer-trip-report-finally-yay.3642765/

So how is Volcano Bay now that the park isn't brand new? Wait times gone down? Are the neat Polynesian food options still slowly coming back?

Heading to VB for 1st time next week for busy spring break, and thinking of getting premium seating chairs. Any recs for which village to reserve between rainforest or wave villages, and where is premium seating located--near the cabanas? We have 9yr-olds who will be doing all the crazy slides, rollercoasters, and fast rivers.
Thanks for any help!

Heading to VB for 1st time next week for busy spring break, and thinking of getting premium seating chairs. Any recs for which village to reserve between rainforest or wave villages, and where is premium seating located--near the cabanas? We have 9yr-olds who will be doing all the crazy slides, rollercoasters, and fast rivers.
Thanks for any help!

Hi below is a map of VB. This way you can get an idea where everything is for adequate seating. Personally we went on everything and we sat in the wave village both days. I like to be in the center of everything. You will see more of the thrill rides are in rainforest village with some in the river and wave. The premium seating is located in various spots in the villages. We rented one cabana in the wave village on the wall against the interstate and saw many other cabanas around and did not see premium seating near it. There have been some other peeps who have had premium seating so they may know.

thumbnailvb5map.jpg

Hi below is a map of VB. This way you can get an idea where everything is for adequate seating. Personally we went on everything and we sat in the wave village both days. I like to be in the center of everything. You will see more of the thrill rides are in rainforest village with some in the river and wave. The premium seating is located in various spots in the villages. We rented one cabana in the wave village on the wall against the interstate and saw many other cabanas around and did not see premium seating near it. There have been some other peeps who have had premium seating so they may know.

View attachment 310068
Thanks, Bobbi68, appreciate the help : )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter