• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Visa At-Par special not so special !!!

Ericxoxp

Earning My Ears
Hello from a Canadian friend

3 weeks ago i got a 7 night reservation at CSR with Dream Maker Package, the price 2001$, the price with the special At-Par Visa discount 1381$

Link for At-Par Discount: http://www.disney.ca/vacations/disneyworld/offer_atpar_visa/index.html

Now today i called in to add on the Silver plan, the price 2953$, the price the lady gave me with the At-Par discount 2198$ !!

2198$ is just wrong, it should be 2037$ with the At-Par discount.

The math:
2001*0.69=1381
2953*0.69=2037

Now i was on the phone for a hour trying to figure out why they where chargin me 2198$ insteed of 2037$. The lady was nice and could not explain to me why it was more. She just said that my math was wrong and that the price that came from her computer was correct. After 30min she transfer the call to someone else (superior ?) who still could not explain to me why i was paying more.

Can anyone help me ??

Is there some customer service i can call ?

Email somebody?

Email Mickey ?

Thanx

I've done the math 6 different ways and also using a currency converter website and I have NO clue how the came up with the higher price.
I think they must have adjusted the exchange rate in the computers wrong again, or updated it and not posted it on disney website.
Even at the 1 CDN = .69 USD, or $1 USD= $1.448CDN (as listed on the website) it doesn't add up.
for the rate to work out to that it must be exchanged at $1USD=1.34CDN or $1CDN =.7125USD (which is a little closer to "real" rates now)- I know you didn't want to hear that.

I'm sorry but I'm not sure who you talk to to get the better deal. Hope you can get the better rate.

That's just it...

We check with Gold and without Silver and it's ok, but once you add on Silver it wrong.

Anyway i email Visa Canada and they said that i'm correct and that they will check with Disney to see what is the problem.

MaMudduck could you give me the web address for the currency converter? Is it one that you can plug the #'s in for the exchange rate?
tigercat

Originally posted by tigercat
MaMudduck could you give me the web address for the currency converter? Is it one that you can plug the #'s in for the exchange rate?
tigercat

No not really, just the type that you put the $ amount and what you want it to exhanged to. I did some "back references" to try and figure out stuff for Ericxoxp.
Don't forget to check up the FX "cheat sheet" page in the travelers section. This is a great wallet carry along for quickly comparing prices....so you know how many of your Canadian hard earned dollars your spending on something.
This is a great site: you can choose, interbank rate, cash rate and credit card rate.
The FXhistory also listed the prices on a daily list.

Oanda Currency Exchange Rates

Thanks for the site. I went to it and punched in #'s. Still can't figure out how to do the exact conversion that I want but I think at this point it probably doesn't matter. It was more of an interest sake thing.
tigercat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter