Everything Virtual Queue - Please Read Posts 1 and 2

Can anyone confirm if it is possible to join the 6pm Tron VQ even if you HAVE NOT tapped in to MK? (With AP/park hopper ticket and different starting park reservation.)

I thought I saw in this thread that you could, but in their recent MK Extended Evening Hours video, Ear Scouts on YouTube says you have to have tapped in before 6pm.

Thank you!!

Edited to add, I see it's literally listed in post 2, I am just an anxious planner lol. :scared:
Last week we had success getting the Tron 6 pm VQ before tapping into MK for EEH. I think we were just getting back to our resort from EPCOT before heading to our Chef Mickey reservation. Our boarding group was called around 9:30 just as we arrived at MK. We had time to use our Peter Pan LL and head over to Tron where the VQ took around 35-40 minutes.

Last week we had success getting the Tron 6 pm VQ before tapping into MK for EEH. I think we were just getting back to our resort from EPCOT before heading to our Chef Mickey reservation. Our boarding group was called around 9:30 just as we arrived at MK. We had time to use our Peter Pan LL and head over to Tron where the VQ took around 35-40 minutes.

Thank you so much for the reply and data point!

The last time I tried for a VQ was for Rise two years ago. At that time, I remember reading about multiple people traveling together and linked in MDE trying to secure a VQ at the same time. Is that still the case with Guardians and Tron? Should both my son and I try or just one of us?

Also, are the VQs still filling within seconds? We have a short trip, so I’m hoping we can get on both of these rides by using the VQs. We are staying at a deluxe so we’ll have three times to try. 🤞🏻

The last time I tried for a VQ was for Rise two years ago. At that time, I remember reading about multiple people traveling together and linked in MDE trying to secure a VQ at the same time. Is that still the case with Guardians and Tron? Should both my son and I try or just one of us?

Also, are the VQs still filling within seconds? We have a short trip, so I’m hoping we can get on both of these rides by using the VQs. We are staying at a deluxe so we’ll have three times to try. 🤞🏻
You’ll get both. Toughest one by far is the 7 am Tron drop, which still disappears within a min, if you miss that you can jump in at 1 pm.

How is the VQ /ILL going for guardians these days? Im
Still nervous I'll miss it.. tho I am probably overthinking. We will be on a plane at 7am and the WiFi situation is unknown. We will land around 9am. This is our Epcot day. If we completely miss the 7am drop and ILL we would still have 1pm at we are also eligible for 6pm as this will be Monday June 26.

Still nervous I'll miss it.. tho I am probably overthinking. We will be on a plane at 7am and the WiFi situation is unknown. We will land around 9am. This is our Epcot day. If we completely miss the 7am drop and ILL we would still have 1pm at we are also eligible for 6pm as this will be Monday June 26.
You’re overthinking it lol. First drop goes quickly but if you’re in the park at 1 you’ll get a BG.

You are definitely overthinking it. We secured a Guardians BG from the plane on Sunday with JetBlue wifi and could have easily purchased our pick of ILL as well.

If crowd levels remain the same I can’t imagine you will have difficulty even with questionable wifi. Just confirm your party on the app ahead of time and keep mashing the refresh button starting about 1 min before. I didn’t have time.gov open or anything. Last night I got 200 for the 6pm EEG queue from the YC lobby on our way over to HS. This morning I got BG 30 from bed in YC. It’s really not hard at all and ILL lasts for ages. So do the 1pm drops.

You are definitely overthinking it. We secured a Guardians BG from the plane on Sunday with JetBlue wifi and could have easily purchased our pick of ILL as well.

If crowd levels remain the same I can’t imagine you will have difficulty even with questionable wifi. Just confirm your party on the app ahead of time and keep mashing the refresh button starting about 1 min before. I didn’t have time.gov open or anything. Last night I got 200 for the 6pm EEG queue from the YC lobby on our way over to HS. This morning I got BG 30 from bed in YC. It’s really not hard at all and ILL lasts for ages. So do the 1pm drops.
Crowds will start to go up as we approach late June, and that will likely change. When both rides first opened both times were gone in like 10 seconds.

How long has the Tron line been when entering via VQ? Thrill Data has been showing 2-3 hour waits at times but not sure if that is just reflecting something else since I assume there's no posted wait time as there's no standby option.

Any recent reports on ranges? (And is this like Guardians where ILL is usually faster than VQ)?

How long has the Tron line been when entering via VQ? Thrill Data has been showing 2-3 hour waits at times but not sure if that is just reflecting something else since I assume there's no posted wait time as there's no standby option.

Any recent reports on ranges? (And is this like Guardians where ILL is usually faster than VQ)?
My VQ wait last month was about 45 min, was about the same for Guardians. I think that’s basically their goal wait for VQ. ILL was obviously a significantly shorter wait.

I know Tron has a strict return time window, but does Guardians? Debating which GOTG drop to do on my arrival day (7 vs 1pm)

This past Wednesday, I did Epcot in the morning and then Magic kingdom at night for the EEH. I got a virtual queue for Cosmic Rewind in the morning. And then when I tried for the 6pm Tron VQ, the app told me that my party wasn’t eligible. Despite us staying at a deluxe resort and refreshing at exactly 6pm.

I asked a cast member via the chat function on the app. They said I wasn’t eligible because it’s only 1 VQ per day. Is that true or did I get fed bad information? I read on here previously that deluxe resort guests were able to get 2 VQs previously for cosmic rewind (7am and 6pm then nights of EEH there). Did that change with Tron opening?

Last edited:
This past Monday, I did Epcot in the morning and then Magic kingdom at night for the EEH. I got a virtual queue for Cosmic Rewind in the morning. And then when I tried for the 6pm Tron VQ, the app told me that my party wasn’t eligible. Despite us staying at a deluxe resort and refreshing at exactly 6pm.

I asked a cast member via the chat function on the app. They said I wasn’t eligible because it’s only 1 VQ per day. Is that true or did I get fed bad information? I read on here previously that deluxe resort guests were able to get 2 VQs previously for cosmic rewind (7am and 6pm then nights of EEH there). Did that change with Tron opening?
The cast member is wrong. If you park hop into epcot at 2 and the VQ is still open you can join it even if you have already ridden TROn.

I was there last week and I have to say I was kinda' underwhelmed by Tron. It's fun enough but pales in comparison to Guardians in my opinion. I would never pay for a LL for this one but I would for Guardians.

I was there last week and I have to say I was kinda' underwhelmed by Tron. It's fun enough but pales in comparison to Guardians in my opinion. I would never pay for a LL for this one but I would for Guardians.
I love Guardians, but I like Tron better, my only complaint is how short it is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter