Virgin Seat Reservations

NIGEL1

Earning My Ears
We are visiting WDW in late November this year, and will shortly be trying to book our seats with Virgin Atlantic at the 180 days before departure mark. Has anybody found that the seats they are allocated in advance are changed at check-in? The reason behind this question is that we have to make the long journey from Yorkshire to Gatwick, and if our seats are likely to be changed we will have to consider coming down the day before now that the twilight check in has re-opened in order to guarantee we still get them. This will obviously incur extra expenditure in hotel costs that we would rather not have to pay.

Nigel.

Hi Nigel

In my experience Virgin have changed our pre booked seats (despite several calls during the 180 days to check their still ok) on our last two flights, that said they have been changing aircraft around, and things should have settelled down by now.
The only sure way is to get there early (6.30am) or use twilight and stand your ground if moved. On our last return flight in January there were several families split up so don't forget to check in early on the way back, (which without the DTD checkin loses the middle of the day) and also get them to reconfirm your return seat reservations at Gatwick checkin.

Hi Nigel

We've also booked Virgin for later this year and phoned them yesterday to ask about the twilight check-in. We were told that twilight check-in ends 25 October but may be extended if there is demand for it. Apparently there are queues for economy from 6:30am.

jj........;)

Hi Nigel,

I am flying from Gatwick with Virgin in november, we too have to travel from S.Yorkshire, but we are going down the night before, planning on using twilight check in, we have booked a hotel thru ABC holiday extras. So I hope it is still open.
I've got a couple of weeks before the 180 mark so I'll ask if its still open then.

Thanks to you all for your help.

I've no doubt if anything changes you'll post on the boards.

Thanks,

Nigel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter