Virgin / Dollar - tell me.........

Hilary

There's always something new to learn!
...... exactly what the process is.

It's years since we've done the Virgin / Dollar combination (1995) and I'd like to know what to expect when we go in October. Do you get a Dollar car hire voucher with your Virgin tickets, or do you sort it all out in Orlando? Do you have to queue at a Virgin desk and then the Dollar desk? Does everything happen after the second baggage retrieval? Do all drivers have to be present at the desk(s)? All I can remember from the last time we did this was the looooooong queue for something or the other - have things improved?

Any tips for the best way to get six adults and six children into three cars after a long flight, without at least one of us in a straight-jacket before the end of the procedure, gratefully received! ;)

Hi Hilary, I'll try and answer some of your questions

You get the dollar voucher with your tickets.

You go directly to the Virgin/Dollar desk to pick up your car, it is very well sign posted, just follow the virgin signs. If you have a frequent virgin card you can fast track the queue. Everything does happen after the second baggage retrieval.

Big Tip. Leave the family(except for drivers) to collect bags and all drivers go straight to the virgin/dollar desk- will save you a big wait. Let them make there own way to car hire desk.

Have a nice time

David:)

Thanks, David.

Big Tip. Leave the family(except for drivers) to collect bags and all drivers go straight to the virgin/dollar desk

So that's the six kids to collect the luggage between them then....... ;)

I'm the proud owner of a newly acquired Frequent Virgin card, so I shall look forward to seeing how that works!

So that's the six kids to collect the luggage between them then.......

Thats right, you make them earn their holiday;)

No but seriously, if you leave a "responsible person" to collect the cases, getting to the car hire desk early can make the difference between 40 mins after landing and 2 hours in the muggy queues, till you "officially" get your hols started.:D

David

Hi Hilary - did you save just the 12 of you:bounce: :Pinkbounc !!! LOL, what a heroic bunch you are.

We're FVCs and, unless we did it all wrong last year, there's a "fast track" queue jumping system once you hit the Dollar desk - there's a post at the end of ropes near to the front of th desks where those who are driving stand - from what we could tell, the Dollar people call you right over at the next available rep. (doesn't mean to say it always works in practice though - sometimes those Dollar people are a right pain in the posterior;)

It normally sails like clockwork.

ONLY thing to watch for is their continual trying to persuade you to upgrade . . . however, with your brood don't think they'll have much success - apart from a bus, what can you hire:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter