VIP questions

hoffse

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. I'm in the midst of planning a trip for early October, and part of it will coincide with Columbus Day weekend. I have a couple questions about VIP tours.

First, I know they put you in the LL for rides, but how does the tour work for character meet & greets that aren't part of Genie+/LL? I'm thinking Anna & Elsa, Pete's Silly Sideshow, etc. We have a 5 year old, and I think characters are going to be as big of a deal for him as rides are.

Second, is the VIP tour available during MNSSHP (obviously assuming we have tickets to that too, and we time the day correctly for it)? I'm guessing probably not, but I can't find a definitive answer to this.

We are leaning toward just doing Genie+ and hopping, but we will only be there for 3 days so if the answer to either of the questions above is "yes" then that would have us lean toward doing VIP if we can snag a spot. I know it's going to be $$$$ that weekend, but we probably won't be back for at least 3-4 years.

Thank you!

I can't answer the question regarding character meet and greets as we haven't done those for several years at this point, but, yes, you can book VIP tours during MNSSHP.

For character meet and greets that do not have a Lightning Lane, VIP Tours do not have any kind of special access, with the exception of Anna and Elsa in Epcot. VIP Tours have the ability to bypass the line there during certain hours of the day.

And, yes, VIP Tours can be done during MNSSHP. While there are no guarantees from year to year, historically VIP Tours have been allowed to continue to use the Lightning Lanes during the parties, meaning that you'll typically get on the rides much faster than during non-party hours. They also should have reserved viewing areas for the parades and fireworks.

For character meet and greets that do not have a Lightning Lane, VIP Tours do not have any kind of special access, with the exception of Anna and Elsa in Epcot. VIP Tours have the ability to bypass the line there during certain hours of the day.

And, yes, VIP Tours can be done during MNSSHP. While there are no guarantees from year to year, historically VIP Tours have been allowed to continue to use the Lightning Lanes during the parties, meaning that you'll typically get on the rides much faster than during non-party hours. They also should have reserved viewing areas for the parades and fireworks.
Do you need a MNSSHP ticket for the night you have the VIP tour booked to access MK during party hours?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!