villas cleanliness

the who #3

DIS Veteran
i have stayed in the bcv 2 times in the last 6 months, both times in a 1 bdrm. both times we found items that were not ours. one was a babies pacifier that was in the sofa bed, makes you wonder if the sheets had been changed! the other was under the dinning table, it was a part of a belt and makeup brush.

both times these items would have been found if the cleaning between guests had been complete. i felt as if they only did a trash and towell between guest insted of a full cleaning. you could tell that no one had vacuumed in a while.

has anyone else expierenced this problem?:confused3

other than my issue with insect infestation (which, in all fairness, is a horse of a different color); i found the BCV to be spotless & well kempt.

BWV was also very clean (furnishings & wall paper slightly worse for wear-no biggie); except for the dust on the bathroom door jam.

Yes, I do look lol! I owned a cleaning company, one of my pet peeves.

Over a years since we stayed @ WLV, no complaints other than the worn couch which i assume has been replaced since last visit.

IMO DVC has the cleanest balconies I've ever experienced anywhere.

I have seen folks enter their rooms after they have checked out and the rooms have been cleaned. Not sure how that happens, but we have seen it on several occations. Perhaps the belt parts were something that happened in a case like that where the previous occupant was still taking out luggage etc. The pacifier should have been found in regular cleaning unless it was stuck down by an arm or something.

As for the sofa bed, the one we had was not made up, you had to do it yourself, get the sheets and stuff out of the closet.

At other hotels, I have seen housekeeping clean my room before I checked out. I usually pack up the night before and finish up with pjs and ditty bag in the morning. Go get breakfast then back to the room to get the bags and the room has been cleaned.

Last stay at vwl, we found a brand new pair of princess slippers under the bed.

My kids were doing a serious Drizella and Anastasia trying to cram their big kid feet into those tiny things!

Eventually they gave up and we mailed them off to their tiny cousins.

So, while we've found a few icky things in our rooms, we've also found some fun stuff!

Last stay at vwl, we found a brand new pair of princess slippers under the bed.

If you turn them into lost and found, they will attempt to locate the owners.

We've had about 10 stays at BCV now and in only one did we have a cleanliness issue. But thank goodness the bathroom and kitchen were clean. Whomever vacuumed and wiped down the counter did a halfhearted job...or none at all.

We just came home 6 days ago and again our two BR was spotless.:thumbsup2

In May at OKW, they had left a huge floor fan plugged in. The room smelled bad so we switched to another room. In that room, there was a box of taquitos in the freezer part of the fridge.

How can you tell if sofa beds sheets have been changed. Stayed at BW last week and had new sofa bed, opened to seen what it was about and found it was made up with sheets and blanket. I usually find pillows, sheets and blanket in the closet. I read a thread where the people found crumbs in the sleep sofa when they opened it to sleep. We did find the room had no kitchen dish soap, dirty stove drip pans, no paper and pens or coasters for protecting the furniture. Small items, but make the room comfortable.

facebook twitter