• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Victoria & Alberts - Wine Pairing?

mcarthur205

DIS Veteran
My Dh and I have a reservation at V&As for dinner at 6pm on July 10th. We've never eaten there before and are very much looking forward to the experience. :yay: Our plan is to head over to the MK after dinner for wishes (10pm) and spectromagic (11pm).

However, we need advice on whether to get the wine pairings. DH thinks we should both get them, but I am worried that if we do, I will be a little "merry" to do Wishes and Spectro after dinner. :rotfl2:

Is it a lot of wine - I'm thinking seven courses and seven glasses of wine - maybe it will be too much for me? Could one of us get the wine pairings and we could share?

Any help would be appreciated!

I did the wine pairing on our HM, DH did not. I didn't find the 7 glasses to be too overwhelming because they are only filled up about halfway. DH had a sip of every glass and throroughly enjoyed them, but they didn't match his meal as well, as there is a different wine for each thing you order. So, he was having the beef (that had a specific wine paired) while I had the lamb with a different wine. I don't remember being particularily tipsy afterwards.

HTH some!

Yep, you can share. And nothing says you have to empty every glass (tho for the $$$ you probably should!). We always get the wine pairings and find that with the meal paced as it is (takes about 2 and 1/2 hours) it isn't TOO much wine. We've never had any problem after dinner.

You'll also have some great coffee to help you sober up with dessert - not that you'd need to sober up or anything...;)

If you enjoy wine at all I strongly suggest you try the wine pairings with dinner - you won't regret it!

Have a lovely dinner! :goodvibes

I think it probably depends on your tolerance too. We did the wine pairing on our last trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. That being said, my wife, who is a bit on the small side and doesn't drink alot, was feeling no pain when we left. ;)

Don't get me wrong, she could walk, but her feet weren't necessarily touching the ground.

So, take that into consideration. Either way, congratulations. V&A is a wonderful experience and, as expensive as it is, is well worth the money.

Hi! As others have said, it depends on how tolerant you are. I don't weigh 100 lbs soaking wet, so I am blown away by the wine pairings. I gladly just sip off of my DH's pairings.

Cheers!
Heather W

We did the wine pairing twice
Once on HM 1995 then VR trip 2005
I really liked going to the park after to walk off dinner & wine

Thank you all for the advice! :thumbsup2 I think we'll both do the wine pairings, the meal does last almost three hours after all, so I shouldn't get too sozzled.:rotfl: I might even remember enough about it to post a review here afterwards!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter