VGC resale vs DLT direct

First I apologize in advance for commenting on this here but I did not see a dedicated DLT Post.

Obviously it states it is an "Artist Rendering" so it may change but I find it odd that the real bed is near the window.
All of the DVC studios we have stayed at previously placed the couch near the window.
Not that it matters much but I am curious why they may design the room that way.
My only thought would be the lack of balconies at DLT.
I actually think this layout makes more sense. I’d rather have the couch closer to the kitchenette area.

With the stock market tanking, war raging in Ukraine, and our economy heading towards a recession, DLT might have hard time selling by the time it comes out. It’s like 2008-2009 all over again when VGC had a hard time selling at the beginning?

Personally, I think the DLT starting price will be on the high side, and after opening, the comparison of DLT to VGC will make the VGC resale price go even higher.
A lot of the speculation about DLT sales and pricing seems to be leaving out a few factors. The one thing I have not read anything about it the potential for DLT sales to the foreign visitor. If I was a DVC rep, I would be hitting the Japanese and Korean market hard. There is huge potential for sales there. it will be interesting to see what happens.

Personally, I think the DLT starting price will be on the high side, and after opening, the comparison of DLT to VGC will make the VGC resale price go even higher.
A lot of the speculation about DLT sales and pricing seems to be leaving out a few factors. The one thing I have not read anything about it the potential for DLT sales to the foreign visitor. If I was a DVC rep, I would be hitting the Japanese and Korean market hard. There is huge potential for sales there. it will be interesting to see what happens.
I think Disney depended on the Japanese, Korean, and Australian market for Aulani and it was a huge failure. Granted, Aulani isn’t Disneyland but it’ll be interesting to see how it all turns out.

Last edited:
If I was a DVC rep, I would be hitting the Japanese and Korean market hard. There is huge potential for sales there. it will be interesting to see what happens.

There really isnt much potential there I'm afraid. The world has changed post-covid and international travel is going to take some time to return. Japan appears very happy with their closed borders and I do not imagine an influx of Japanese or Korean tourists anywhere for quite a few years. I think the perception internationally to visit the USA has also taken a hit. Here in Australia people don't want to travel overseas, especially to the US. I can't tell you how many people looked at me in horror when I told them about my Xmas Disneyland trip last year. DVC will be best placed to focus on the domestic market.

Last edited:
First I apologize in advance for commenting on this here but I did not see a dedicated DLT Post.

Obviously it states it is an "Artist Rendering" so it may change but I find it odd that the real bed is near the window.
All of the DVC studios we have stayed at previously placed the couch near the window.
Not that it matters much but I am curious why they may design the room that way.
My only thought would be the lack of balconies at DLT.

When the view mostly looks out over residential areas and power lines it's best not to prominently frame the view. Place the couch further from said view and place the bed in the way. There's no need to access a balcony anyway.

With the stock market tanking, war raging in Ukraine, and our economy heading towards a recession, DLT might have hard time selling by the time it comes out. It’s like 2008-2009 all over again when VGC had a hard time selling at the beginning?

It doesn't look like our economy is headed for a recession... granted, if RU hits an article V country, game over and welcome to WWIII. Feels funny to be discussing DLT pricing against the backdrop of multiple nuclear armed countries going at it, but here we are!

It doesn't look like our economy is headed for a recession... granted, if RU hits an article V country, game over and welcome to WWIII. Feels funny to be discussing DLT pricing against the backdrop of multiple nuclear armed countries going at it, but here we are!
I don’t see how we avoid a recession given this crazy inflation and inevitable rise in interest rates. If the fed can somehow delicately balance the two without causing a recession, I’d be impressed.

I bought when it first opened up and got it at $88.
They had a very hard time selling it and it is very small compared to DLT.
It seems to me VGC is superior.
I guess we’ll see how this sells over time.

My hope is that the addition of DLT allows more non-owners to stay at VGC. Usually, more rooms is better (speaking of DVC rooms at DL), even if more points are allocated.

My hope is that the addition of DLT allows more non-owners to stay at VGC. Usually, more rooms is better (speaking of DVC rooms at DL), even if more points are allocated.
My guess is that many DLT owners will want to switch to VGC at 7 months but I'm not sure any VGC owners will want to switch to DLT, maybe a few just to try DLT.

My guess is that many DLT owners will want to switch to VGC at 7 months but I'm not sure any VGC owners will want to switch to DLT, maybe a few just to try DLT.

This. I don't think I'd want to switch from VGC but I guess never say never.

I think the addition of DLT will allow more non-owners to stay at DLT. I don’t think VGC owners will want to switch to anywhere else at 7 months.

We own at VGC and it’s great but sure, if I could get a two bedroom at DLT and the points weren’t worse than the high chart at VGC, I’d try it. As I’ve mentioned on other threads, my husband loves the craftsman style of the Grand but I really prefer the light and bright mid century look at DLH, the history, and the pool and Trader Sam’s.

We own at VGC and it’s great but sure, if I could get a two bedroom at DLT and the points weren’t worse than the high chart at VGC, I’d try it. As I’ve mentioned on other threads, my husband loves the craftsman style of the Grand but I really prefer the light and bright mid century look at DLH, the history, and the pool and Trader Sam’s.
This is a great point. If DLT points chart is lower than VGC, then I could see some VGC owners willing to switch at 7 months to try something new. But given the very limited number of 1 and 2 BRs at DLT, I'm not sure how feasible this would be.

I am currently on day 36 of ROFR for my VGC contract. As I wait, I'm wondering about timing as to when DVC will update the direct price for VGC with DLT starting sales later this year. I would imagine that since resale is around $275-315 right now, direct VGC should be 25-35% higher? They will need to address it sooner rather than later and can't keep it at the current list price of $310. From what I've seen, they typically do not ROFR VGC (they passed on $235 several months ago). What do folks think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter