Very disappointed in carthay

I totally agree. I got the pasta, while it was delicious, I was still hungry after. It kind of worked because we were able to get more snacks but I shouldn't have to when I'm paying those prices.

That's cause the kids just keep getting bigger and bigger!!
It's funny because DLH was by far our favorite when the girls were little. It had so much whimsy, magic, and history and just seemed more Disney. The rooms were a nice size and you could open the sliders (which are, of course, gone now). When the girls got older, we switched over to GCH and that became our favorite, even though the rooms are smaller. Granted, it's not so great if you're off in the south 40 but we've never had to deal with that since the first time, when we didn't realize. We really liked the location, the look, and having the large, beautiful lobby as the central feature. I love both hotels, for different reasons. When I feel like an adult indulgence, I tend to prefer GCH, but other times I find DLH is the better choice. I think food is the same; I know people who won't go to the expensive sit-downs because they can't justify the cost, and I know people who ONLY go to the expensive sit-downs. I'm one of those who likes to change it up and knows that there are times that will cost me extra, sometimes for nothing other than nostalgia or atmosphere. Right now, it's difficult to navigate because of the changes and I guess all you can do is try it out and see if it's worth it for you. I've not been to DLR in over a year and for me, a trip to DLR itself isn't worth it yet (for reasons that aren't just financial), but I totally get that others feel differently.

It's interesting that you take that as an attack, Matt.... :rotfl:

LOL, I do love my expensive sitdowns. We have yet to do one together despite being in the park at the same times and dining at the same locations, just different days/times.

LOL, I do love my expensive sitdowns. We have yet to do one together despite being in the park at the same times and dining at the same locations, just different days/times.
Oh, me too! I have yet to experience 21 Royal, so we have to do that together when they reopen. I think it's the only one I haven't done yet (except for the new princess dining experience). There's something so intense about a vacation splurge :)

I found a recipe online that is supposed to closely replicate the Carthay version. It uses 1oz. St. Germain Elderflower Liquor, 1oz. Aperol Orange Apertif, and 6oz. Sparkling Wine or Champagne (Iron Horse). Is this similar to yours?
We do a half ounce of elderflower, an ounce of the Aperol, and fill up as far as we think their glass was with the St Hilaire champagne.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter